Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Or Emma would care enough about Rachel to free her and then have Rachel join her new Hellfire Club, which wouldn't be as bad as the one that we last saw but not as good as the X-Men and then they'd both mess with Jean first and then the others for not caring that Rachel was abducted and back to being a hound, as Jean seemed far more interested in the teen Cable than anything with Rachel...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Let's not turn this againts Jean. She was dead for more than a decade and she has been there only for a year. For such a short time she has done a lot. I don't think Jean has anything againts Rachel. the problem is that they share little panel time but Red treated them fine and Gold was a mistake that will be forgotten.

Ultimate Member

Well in Red she only saved Rachel because Rachel attacked her, after that she didn't seem to have much interest, when Ahab took Rachel Jean pretty much looked like she could care less and was FAR more happy and interested in teen Cable...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Let's not turn this againts Jean. She was dead for more than a decade and she has been there only for a year. For such a short time she has done a lot. I don't think Jean has anything againts Rachel. the problem is that they share little panel time but Red treated them fine and Gold was a mistake that will be forgotten.
    I want to agree with you 100% on this, but The Exterminated is where I begin to have issues and the end of Extermination solidified it. I agree that there is no animosity from Jean towards Rachel, but it's seemingly more apathy which I feel is more hurtful. I ignore Pyrite because it was Guggenheim and he ruined those characters. I also agree Red was "fine". They should have done more in the anuual to give readers the talk the two of them needed to have, but they glossed it over. So was happy but underwhelmed. Then Extermination 1 happens, and while I get Jean is upset about Nathan's death, she keeps her distance and says nothing to Rachel who is actively grieving. Not what I expected at all, from either Jean in that scenario. Then The Exterminated comes out and while I completely understand the focus (but let's be real Hope has never been this upset by Cable dying the may other times so it was contrived by the writers) being Jean and Hope, the last panels where Jean talks about how Hope and Jean are Cable's family and family is important was a sting Because Rachel isn't brought up as also being important to Nathan, which she was. So I was like, hmmmm. Then Extermination 5 happens and we all know the scene. The apathy that the writer gives Jean towards Rachel's situation follows a newee pattern.

I'm not mad at Jean, I'm disappointed that the writer's have stoked this divide in readers and fans over poor writing and execution of storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I want to agree with you 100% on this, but The Exterminated is where I begin to have issues and the end of Extermination solidified it. I agree that there is no animosity from Jean towards Rachel, but it's seemingly more apathy which I feel is more hurtful. I ignore Pyrite because it was Guggenheim and he ruined those characters. I also agree Red was "fine". They should have done more in the anuual to give readers the talk the two of them needed to have, but they glossed it over. So was happy but underwhelmed. Then Extermination 1 happens, and while I get Jean is upset about Nathan's death, she keeps her distance and says nothing to Rachel who is actively grieving. Not what I expected at all, from either Jean in that scenario. Then The Exterminated comes out and while I completely understand the focus (but let's be real Hope has never been this upset by Cable dying the may other times so it was contrived by the writers) being Jean and Hope, the last panels where Jean talks about how Hope and Jean are Cable's family and family is important was a sting Because Rachel isn't brought up as also being important to Nathan, which she was. So I was like, hmmmm. Then Extermination 5 happens and we all know the scene. The apathy that the writer gives Jean towards Rachel's situation follows a newee pattern.

I'm not mad at Jean, I'm disappointed that the writer's have stoked this divide in readers and fans over poor writing and execution of storytelling.
    That's been the song and dance since 2016.

Comics APRIL 2019 Solicitationsn is available and no news about Rachel but Stryker yes, he comes back... for the good side I´m saving money xD

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Comics APRIL 2019 Solicitationsn is available and no news about Rachel but Stryker yes, he comes back... for the good side I´m saving money xD
    Stryker? You mean Stryfe? Yeah I'm down for Stryfe coming back. But no news ain't good news for our girl. Seeing as she isn't referenced in the solicits, in the artwork, and now I don't even think Cyclops knows/cares about her predicament ... she's in the X-pound until further notice.

Stryker? You mean Stryfe? Yeah I'm down for Stryfe coming back. But no news ain't good news for our girl. Seeing as she isn't referenced in the solicits, in the artwork, and now I don't even think Cyclops knows/cares about her predicament ... she's in the X-pound until further notice.
    Yes Stryfe sorry >,<

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Yes Stryfe sorry >,<
    Ha no worries. I've always been interested in seeing a Strfye and Rachel interaction, as she is responsible for his creation in the first place. I wish she had been allowed to take part in X-Cutioner's Song back in the 90's. it would have been great to see her interact with the X-Men and Stryfe and discover who Cable was with Alex, Jean, and Scott. Alas, she was complicated and Phoenix at the time so she was sent away (well technically she was healing from dying but interesting how it happened during that time span.....)

Wow, I just noticed that no one is talking about Rachel anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When the X-Office stabs you, there's only so much you can say about how pissed you are before you start gurgling and choking on your own blood. Now I just think about her, and so many more recent X-Tragedies while drinking.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Old news. Now everyone is frothing at the mouth about Psylocke & Blob, and Cyclops return. funny that Scott was back for weeks and neither he or Nate did anything about getting Rachel freed. I mean, yeah we know it's an upcoming thing in X-Force, but it would be nice for them to say something like, "Still no luck tracking Ahab, we need to find Rachel".

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    When the X-Office stabs you, there's only so much you can say about how pissed you are before you start gurgling and choking on your own blood. Now I just think about her, and so many more recent X-Tragedies while drinking.
    Lol I think I started to become the next Sadorim or DDM in terms of my vehement and long Rachel posts. But yeah, the knife in the back and the lack of empathy from readers and characters alike becomes a numbing thing.

I'll buy X-Force 3 and if she's not in it I'll be done with the X-books for a while. Not worth my Lexapro, time, or money.

Old news. Now everyone is frothing at the mouth about Psylocke & Blob, and Cyclops return. funny that Scott was back for weeks and neither he or Nate did anything about getting Rachel freed. I mean, yeah we know it's an upcoming thing in X-Force, but it would be nice for them to say something like, "Still no luck tracking Ahab, we need to find Rachel".

I cant fault Scott as his information is limited to whatever Cable tells him and he likely didnt mention Rachel. Now he probably thinks she disappeared with the rest of the X-men

I cant fault Scott as his information is limited to whatever Cable tells him and he likely didnt mention Rachel. Now he probably thinks she disappeared with the rest of the X-men
    True. But then just leaves me feeling like no one cares, so why bother saving her? She's already an afterthought to taking down Ahab. Wifi is gungho about taking him out, she'll just be the "oh look we might be able to save Rachel....that woman who may or may not be the reason I'm alive or also my sister....but Ahab first he's the most important"

Meanwhile I now need a drink lol.

Fantastic Member

Maybe Rachel mind controlled Jean and the rest to forget her so they wouldn't rescue her