Page 145 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148 LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,175 of 2210
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    And Rogue. She is closer to Betsy but Rogue is a good friend to Rachel too. I think Excalibur has more of a draw for ray, especially if they are bringing back the Warwolves.

Possibly, but I think if Emma were to not be in play Rachel would be able to pinch hit as the tp person for the team for an arc. I don't want this to devolve into a Rachel comes in for Storm only thing.

Exactly. I'm down more for Marauders than Excalibur for Ray at the mo. plus I would love to see her interact with Apocalypse, which she has never done in this timeline.
    I don't want her switching in and out but at the moment beggars can't be choosers. I'll settle for anything. I like the idea of her and Apocalypse interacting though. That could be interesting. I would still rather her be on the Marauders. I just feel it's a better suited book for her. Excalibur at the moment feels like the book with the lest amount of direction. There seems to be things pulling all over the place. Except for maybe X-Men which seems to be all over the place as well.

https://www.newsarama.com/48274-star...h-s-x-men.html

Emmmm.... where is Rachel? do you know about that?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post

That's disappointing. Although there is no Cable either.... My optimism remains, though somewhat diminished again

Probably wont be in the issue and if she is, likely a cameo. This one already seems jampacked with a TON of characters so I doubt there will be space to do much with her even if she is in it. The New Mutants arent on the cover but that team will also be involved

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    That's disappointing. Although there is no Cable either.... My optimism remains, though somewhat diminished again
    You're right that Wifi also isn't there, but he also didn't serve as a member of the Starjammers or spend a lot of time in space working with the Shi'ar. like Rachel did. Working to stop Gabriel I might add. If Rachel is excluded it's a huge snub for her history as an X-Men and Starjammer. It makes sense for the 3 brothers and Jean, but just as much sense for Rachel. i'd be interested to see if they did it without her if she would be erased from her role in space as she was from all references to 'End of Greys' when Jeen went on trial.

We'll have to wait and see, but signs aren't good for her appearing.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Thoughts on Rachel becoming a cosmic hero?

I don't know why no writer wants to develop her in this way, at least give the girl space adventures. She has such an extensive history in the stars, I'll say it again why couldn't she be apart of a space corps such as the Annihilation series?

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Thoughts on Rachel becoming a cosmic hero?

I don't know why no writer wants to develop her in this way, at least give the girl space adventures. She has such an extensive history in the stars, I'll say it again why couldn't she be apart of a space corps such as the Annihilation series?
    I wouldn't mind if she became the Phoenix, or Daughter of the Phoenix, and she suddenly leaves Earth in one of the X-books and then disappears for a little while. When she comes back they could revamp her look and link her up with a book outside the X-Men. Right now Rachel is valued in the X-books lower than the Stepford Cuckoos and they aren't getting hardly any development either. I think the only way Rachel will get any story or development is for her to leave the X-books and be transferred into the non-X cosmic books or over to the Avengers in some way.

There are two many telepaths and they have already picked the ones who will be featured Jean, Emma, Betsy, Kwannon, and Quentin. The fact that they can't even show Jean and Rachel talking to each other on panel tells me that none of the writers have a clue what to do with Rachel.

Right now she is just a prop as Scott's daughter and she doesn't exist as anything more than to be an afterthought in Scott's story and not really have an identity of her own.

Lorna and Rachel should have been front and centre for the book with the Shi'ar, Brood, Starjammers, and Imperial Guard. They were involved in that story more than anyone outside of Vulcan and Havok. But definitely those four, Rachel, Lorna, Alex, and Vulcan should all be involved in the Shi'ar story as featured players.

But they won't do that, I feel like Lorna and Rachel are just sidelined. Lorna may show up in X-Corp hopefully, but I think Rachel is pretty much sidelined except for the few panels where they occasionally show Scott trying to be a father. Rachel won't be on panel with Jean probably until a female writer gets control of Jean and tried to explore the mother/daughter relationship. As long as male writers have control of Jean, she will never be shown on panel actually having a proper discussion with Rachel about anything.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wouldn't mind if she became the Phoenix, or Daughter of the Phoenix, and she suddenly leaves Earth in one of the X-books and then disappears for a little while. When she comes back they could revamp her look and link her up with a book outside the X-Men. Right now Rachel is valued in the X-books lower than the Stepford Cuckoos and they aren't getting hardly any development either. I think the only way Rachel will get any story or development is for her to leave the X-books and be transferred into the non-X cosmic books or over to the Avengers in some way.

There are two many telepaths and they have already picked the ones who will be featured Jean, Emma, Betsy, Kwannon, and Quentin. The fact that they can't even show Jean and Rachel talking to each other on panel tells me that none of the writers have a clue what to do with Rachel.

Right now she is just a prop as Scott's daughter and she doesn't exist as anything more than to be an afterthought in Scott's story and not really have an identity of her own.

Lorna and Rachel should have been front and centre for the book with the Shi'ar, Brood, Starjammers, and Imperial Guard. They were involved in that story more than anyone outside of Vulcan and Havok. But definitely those four, Rachel, Lorna, Alex, and Vulcan should all be involved in the Shi'ar story as featured players.

But they won't do that, I feel like Lorna and Rachel are just sidelined. Lorna may show up in X-Corp hopefully, but I think Rachel is pretty much sidelined except for the few panels where they occasionally show Scott trying to be a father. Rachel won't be on panel with Jean probably until a female writer gets control of Jean and tried to explore the mother/daughter relationship. As long as male writers have control of Jean, she will never be shown on panel actually having a proper discussion with Rachel about anything.

I've been reading comics for some time and I've yet to receive a good reason writers don't use her. Even when Jean was dead her usage was limited and in very awkward places, and I don't understand it. She has attachments to two of the most prominent X-men yet it's as if that has been the biggest distraction of the character.

I'm interested in more thoughts and places you would think she could excel. Years ago I thought that version of X-Force would be great for her, but in this climate it seems she mostly ignored. I remember a few years back their was a writer who eloquently articulated several of the issues plaguing her and the steps towards removing her from the mold that she'd be assigned. Although I could be confusing that with the interviews Guggs did prior to XM:G and I'd rather not revisit that nightmare, my God he must have hated her subconsciously!!

I've been reading comics for some time and I've yet to receive a good reason writers don't use her. Even when Jean was dead her usage was limited and in very awkward places, and I don't understand it. She has attachments to two of the most prominent X-men yet it's as if that has been the biggest distraction of the character.

I'm interested in more thoughts and places you would think she could excel. Years ago I thought that version of X-Force would be great for her, but in this climate it seems she mostly ignored. I remember a few years back their was a writer who eloquently articulated several of the issues plaguing her and the steps towards removing her from the mold that she'd be assigned. Although I could be confusing that with the interviews Guggs did prior to XM:G and I'd rather not revisit that nightmare, my God he must have hated her subconsciously!!
    what version of X-Force? There's been at least 6 different incarnations in the years preceeding the current volume. She probably would have been intersting in the one with Cable

If they do bring old Cable back, that is where she should go. If they give Cable an ongoing series again Rachel should go with him and they should run ops together with little to no involvement with the main X-men. That were going to do that originally a long time ago when Cable rescued Rachel from the end of time and from Gaunt. She was supposed to remain as an ongoing character in Cable's book, but then it got cancelled after the Sisterhood storyline (he came back pretty quick again), and Rachel moved over to X-Treme X-Men under Storm. But I think since none of the writers have a clue of what to do with her on panel with Scott and Jean, it's better if she gets out of the X-books and either a partner to Cable, or on a different team entirely. I don't think there is any place for Rachel anymore in the x-books because there are so many characters and no one really has any interest in writing Rachel at all.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Cable is not there either so I don't think it is something againts Rachel. She should be there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    what version of X-Force? There's been at least 6 different incarnations in the years preceeding the current volume. She probably would have been intersting in the one with Cable

Truth?

Uncanny X-force ala Remender, taking absolutely NOTHING away from Bets' I thought that time period was amazing for her. But I did wish Rachel could get similar treatment where a writer really delved into her drives, in the way Remender did for Bets. Honestly, I've personally always wanted a wetworks style X-force team consisting of Cable, Wolverine, Deadpool, Archangel, "Captain Britain", Rachel Summers, X-23, Warpath, Frenzy, Vanisher/Gateway, Wolfsbane, Gambit/Fantomex in any order or combination of a team. I don't know I just enjoy when writers put together certain characters that have similar interests but diverse personalities.

Fantastic Member

Perhaps we are being harsh. She and Lorna may very well be involved as they should be but with all the characters there and presumably the New Mutants will still be in Shi'ar space it might be very crowded and her usefulness may be limited to none. I am beginning to think I would like old Cable back and her in that book or even a cosmic book as has been suggested. She is the Starchilde and the Shi'ar should and do rightfully fear her. I would love a panel or two of Jean asking her why do they fear her as well and Rachel explaining. I think it's nonsense that writers don't know how to write those two. I am a male who loves to write and have no problem writing strong, intelligent women. I much prefer it actually. So much more depth to explore. If she is relegated to being just Scott's daughter in random scenes for the next year or so I will be greatly disappointed. My optimism has an end and I am approaching it. I'd like to see her in Fantastic Four if the X-Men aren't going to use her or even a new Uncanny Avengers promoting goodwill between the new mutant nation and the wider world.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I think it's true that writers don't have a good (or any) grasp on her character. So she's relegated to background or the same stories over and over again. And when you have a writer that expresses interest in developing her it's 50/50 on the turnout. Guggenheim said he had great things planned for Ray and look what Gold was... A fucking mess. Meanwhile Bullen didn't get the opportunity to utilize her when he wanted and he smashed it out of the park the few times he did.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think it's true that writers don't have a good (or any) grasp on her character. So she's relegated to background or the same stories over and over again. And when you have a writer that expresses interest in developing her it's 50/50 on the turnout. Guggenheim said he had great things planned for Ray and look what Gold was... A fucking mess. Meanwhile Bullen didn't get the opportunity to utilize her when he wanted and he smashed it out of the park the few times he did.
    I'm not good with writers and artists. I just remember runs basically. Can you remind me what work Bullen did? I actually didn't mind her portrayal in Gold except for how a rank amateur like Mesmero overwhelmed her.