Page 68 of 148 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2210
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I wonder how powerful she is now, could she take Nate Grey out? They are definitely portraying her as achieved some kind of higher state whether it's as Phoenix, or just at her full omega potential.
    But they MUST explore her powers with/out PF.

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    But they MUST explore her powers with/out PF.
    I don't know what to think for the fall. If she is in HoX/PoX the poster had her in the Phoenix costume. But X-Force #9 didn't appear to show her communicating with the Phoenix force, unless my theory about her being daughter of the Phoenix is true and she has her own Phoenix power. It could very well be that she decides to put the gold Phoenix costume on when she returns to the present because that was the identity she was in when she disappeared into the timestream. Perhaps with the personality merger of her two parts she decides to go back to the state she was in before the two parts were split in the timestream. So maybe Rachel just decides to wear the gold Phoenix costume because she likes it.

Definitely buying X-Force #9, and good on Rachel. Finally some positive movement for her.

I wonder if she's going back to her old Phoenix echo powers, channeling a little bit at a time while not having the full bird.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Definitely buying X-Force #9, and good on Rachel. Finally some positive movement for her.

I wonder if she's going back to her old Phoenix echo powers, channeling a little bit at a time while not having the full bird.
    I wouldn't mind that, I always loved her eye Phoenix, I thought that was a nice touch.

Spectacular Member

I don't know what to think for the fall. If she is in HoX/PoX the poster had her in the Phoenix costume. But X-Force #9 didn't appear to show her communicating with the Phoenix force, unless my theory about her being daughter of the Phoenix is true and she has her own Phoenix power. It could very well be that she decides to put the gold Phoenix costume on when she returns to the present because that was the identity she was in when she disappeared into the timestream. Perhaps with the personality merger of her two parts she decides to go back to the state she was in before the two parts were split in the timestream. So maybe Rachel just decides to wear the gold Phoenix costume because she likes it.

I hope she will be Phoenix's daughter but IDK if Marvel could let it happened one day. Maybe in the new arc it's what they are going to do but I'm dubitative about this particular speculation.

Ugh the Phoenix is the least interesting thing about Rachel Summers.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Lol, I am holdout Excalibur fan so Rachel Summers will always be my Phoenix!

I am ok with her not being Phoenix. I think we were just speculating that maybe she just wears the gold Phoenix uniform in HoX/PoX because she just wants to and not because she is the Phoenix host.

I disagree. She's the only one to have it without a dark incident. Having her with a Phoenix echo is a good way to have the bird involved in X-events without the risk of annihilation or craziness.

I disagree. She's the only one to have it without a dark incident. Having her with a Phoenix echo is a good way to have the bird involved in X-events without the risk of annihilation or craziness.
    Yeah and it keeps her from being too OP. If she just has a Phoenix echo that is permanently bonded to her, then she can be all ostentatiously Phoenix without being so OP that she keeps getting left out of events.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I finally just read it. Decent issue and I'm glad she's finally no longer someone's tool. It looks like her Mother Askani essence from this timeline merged with her. As Askani says, she's Rachel from another world, another time. So I don't think there is any Phoenix to be had. We'll have to see in 10 but all the flames and fury are solely Rachel's powers.

Perhaps she will go back with the others now.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I finally just read it. Decent issue and I'm glad she's finally no longer someone's tool. It looks like her Mother Askani essence from this timeline merged with her. As Askani says, she's Rachel from another world, another time. So I don't think there is any Phoenix to be had. We'll have to see in 10 but all the flames and fury are solely Rachel's powers.

Perhaps she will go back with the others now.
    Lol, I think the others are in such a dire circumstance that Rachel has to save them or they are all dead. That's the thing that I was happy to see Brisson do with these last issues, everything is getting more and more dire for X-Force, Cable, and the Clan Askani soldiers. Now that Rachel is awake, she's pretty much the only thing that can save them at this point. I am curious in next issue what her current frame of mind is like, she seems in control of herself, but she also looked a bit scary in those last few panels, unchecked rage and vengeance that is finally awake.

I expect that they'll have to talk Rachel out of executing Stryfe and his followers to protect the time line. She's pretty angry, she will probably try and kill Stryfe.

I am going to give Brisson credit if he explains why Zero lost the ability to talk and links it to this current story. If he remembers that I will be impressed with his comic knowledge.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Lol, I think the others are in such a dire circumstance that Rachel has to save them or they are all dead. That's the thing that I was happy to see Brisson do with these last issues, everything is getting more and more dire for X-Force, Cable, and the Clan Askani soldiers. Now that Rachel is awake, she's pretty much the only thing that can save them at this point. I am curious in next issue what her current frame of mind is like, she seems in control of herself, but she also looked a bit scary in those last few panels, unchecked rage and vengeance that is finally awake.

I expect that they'll have to talk Rachel out of executing Stryfe and his followers to protect the time line. She's pretty angry, she will probably try and kill Stryfe.

I am going to give Brisson credit if he explains why Zero lost the ability to talk and links it to this current story. If he remembers that I will be impressed with his comic knowledge.
    1) I'll be surprised if Brisson allows Rachel to be as important to the last issue as she deserves to be. He's made a mess of her so far so I can't compliment a writer for making a mockery of her and wrapping up all the crap in 2issues. There needs to be more, and we're not going to get it.
    2) Brisson knows and has at least studied on this timeline but has made some alterations. Mother Askani died and then transcended beyond life to exist on all planes in the original tellings. Here he says that that her continued existence is due to the belief of her followers. So does that make her a goddess instead? Also Zero should not have a voice here. When Stryfe was a child he stripped Zero of his Askani programming and his voice modulator so he could never talk back. That would be changed here as well.
    I nitpick lol. I hope the ending is satisfactory for all characters, but importantly Rachel and Tabby.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

The fact that Rachel has never gone bonkers as the PF always made me wonder if the PF is her real mother, not Jean.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    The fact that Rachel has never gone bonkers as the PF always made me wonder if the PF is her real mother, not Jean.
    I think it has more to do with Rachel opening herself to the Phoenix more than Jean ever did. Her symbiotic relationship was stronger.

Thumbs up

I couldn't possibly agree with you more. The concept could prove interesting but, IMO, has never yet been done right.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."