Page 63 of 148 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think she ends X-Force as Phoenix but stays in the future as Mother Askani. She probably appears alongside Cable communicating with him from the future like she used to, so we will probably only ever see her as a supporting character for Cable going forward. It's possible she'll run support like Blaquesmith did, but always interact with him when he is at his base, maybe as a fully defined hologram transmitting from her location in the future.
    It changes the whole timeline if that's the case, but it would be better than houndification or maybe death.

Was re-reading Marvel Knights: Spider-Man and I remembered Rachel helped Spider-Man with his missing Aunt May. She was so cute and chummy with him, but I think that was just the Dodson's ability to draw cute characters.

Mighty Member

One thing that dawned on me while reading Tv Tropes, the destroyer of lives, is the trope "literal split personality." Have they ever done this with Rachel? I don't recall if they did. It certainly would be a fun way to rid her of the Hound personality. Granted, it would be a Kingdom Hearts level of WTF-ery.

Her Hound experiences, memories, regrets, sorrow and trauma isn’t the problem. It’s her constant propensity for being a victim of mind control and brainwashing.

She needs a writer who sees her as more than a psychic tool.

Ultimate Member

I fear that when she's rescued then Jean will be all worried about her and act like she did everything that she could to rescue her...when she did pretty much the opposite...who knows maybe Rachel was pregnant and the baby stolen and then he becomes that Kurt looking mutant in the previews...or not...

Jean's not going to act like that bc Jean's been imprisoned in her own mess for the bulk of Rachel's ordeal.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Her Hound experiences, memories, regrets, sorrow and trauma isn’t the problem. It’s her constant propensity for being a victim of mind control and brainwashing.

She needs a writer who sees her as more than a psychic tool.

I'm bored with the old trope of characters shaking off their brainwashing through the power of determination and love and the other old trope of having someone break them out. It's more fun to see it resolved with fistcuffs.

I'd like to see a story based around Rachel in which we learn that her original Hound programming is the reason she is so easily controlled: enemies basically have a back door into her brain. So Wi-Fi and crew set about attacking Ahab's labs to find and reverse engineer the Hound Program to cure her of any remaining Hound traits and allow her to reinforce her psychic defenses once and for all.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean's not going to act like that bc Jean's been imprisoned in her own mess for the bulk of Rachel's ordeal.
    Or they'll just use Jean's experiences in AoX to make her the victim and Rachel and her problems just get ignored sadly...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I fear that when she's rescued then Jean will be all worried about her and act like she did everything that she could to rescue her...when she did pretty much the opposite...who knows maybe Rachel was pregnant and the baby stolen and then he becomes that Kurt looking mutant in the previews...or not...
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    It won't even come up. The whole line is being rebuilt. I don't expect it to ever come up, especially if Rachel doesn't come back from XForce. If there was an issue or two wrapping up all the loose ends in the line, maybe. And honestly I wouldn't put it past a writer to try that scenario. But it won't ever happen. Rachel isn't worth their time and they don't think Jean lacked emotion or Empathy in Extermination.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'd like to see a story based around Rachel in which we learn that her original Hound programming is the reason she is so easily controlled: enemies basically have a back door into her brain. So Wi-Fi and crew set about attacking Ahab's labs to find and reverse engineer the Hound Program to cure her of any remaining Hound traits and allow her to reinforce her psychic defenses once and for all.
    I want Rachel on a book with Jean, but I honestly know that will never happen. Just like wanting Rachel on a book with Emma, it won't happen. I think the best we can hope for right now is to have her on a book with Cable and possibly Blaquesmith. If they keep Rachel this fall I expect her to be mostly a Cable recurring character and never interact with the X-Men again.

She looks like a soulless zombie. I really hope she wakes up

I hope it is the Phoenix Force. It would be cool if the Phoenix treats Rachel like a beloved daughter.

As I said in another thread, she looks like some ragdoll thrown on the floor. In a way it reminds of the doll that used to control Legion's body called "Moira". Rachel has just been a doll that people have controlled and throw away when finished. I too hope she wakes up, but I feel like when she does it won't be satisfying by any means for the treatment she's been given.