Page 101 of 148 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Yep. I dont know how Hickman views her but she was Rachel Summers in X-Force so thats her most recent canon name
    I think the mandate within the comics is to link her back to Scott definitively. Probably because when she appears this fall she is appearing with Scott Summers and her brother Nathan Summers. I hope they don't de-emphasize Jean's relationship to them, I want Jean to have a chance to interact with Rachel and Nathan too!

As for Rachel Summers in MFF, I am definitely getting her since my handle is RachelAnneGrey!

Jean wasnt alive when Gold started
    Teen Jean was, and she was using the Marvel Girl codename too.

And anyway, the surname changing back to Summers only happened in X-Force, after adult Jean was back.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    She was called Prestige on the big cast splash despite having her old Bendis era Marvel Girl costume on the cover to X-Men #1. Of course, Jean has gone back to being Marvel Girl. I think using the civilian name was just a way to get around the fact she has multiple codenames. Isn't Jean the same? They both share both Marvel Girl and Phoenix, so using those two names doesn't make sense. Miles Morales usually uses his civilian name in video games for the same reason, his only codename, Spider-Man, being shared with another character.

As for the surname, well, think about it. No need to honour Jean now she's alive again. That's also why Kitty assigned her a new codename when X-Men Gold started.
    Well per Hickman everyone has a mutant name and their human name. They aren't allowed to use their human name outside Krakoa. So Jean had to go back to a codename that is hers, which would be Marvel Girl since she isn't the Phoenix. As Rachel has shared both codenames, the only official unique one for her is Prestige... Sadly.

And no, Kitty suggested Prestige well before Jean ressurected. Even if you say, 'well there was Jeen', Tyke was also there. Rachel didn't start going by Summers again until just before Jean came back, and Brisson made it official in Extermination and X-Force.

Jean wasnt alive when Gold started
    Exactly.

I really hope she isnt hard to obtain and upgrade. I see she is exclusive to that new Danger Room mode but I hope X-Genes can work on her bc I have three 250 X-gene selectors and it pains me that most mutants arent covered under that

I really hope she isnt hard to obtain and upgrade. I see she is exclusive to that new Danger Room mode but I hope X-Genes can work on her bc I have three 250 X-gene selectors and it pains me that most mutants arent covered under that
    I'm with you on this. If she is ONLY obtainable through Danger Room, I'm gonna be pissed.

BANNED

The human/mutant name is only something Emma has mentioned so far (and which she immediately forgot about when mentioning Sabretooth).

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    The human/mutant name is only something Emma has mentioned so far (and which she immediately forgot about when mentioning Sabretooth).
    I honestly think Emma was just trolling that day. Blame it on the krakoan margaritas.

Anyways, what bothers me about the surname going back to Summers is not the name change itself, but they made this whole damn point of when she changed it to Grey so I wish they would give us a reason other than some writer just forgot along the way, cause that's how it feels.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I honestly think Emma was just trolling that day. Blame it on the krakoan margaritas.

Anyways, what bothers me about the surname going back to Summers is not the name change itself, but they made this whole damn point of when she changed it to Grey so I wish they would give us a reason other than some writer just forgot along the way, cause that's how it feels.
    I dont think one is needed. She changed it to honor Jean and bc she was being petty bc she was upset with Scott. Well Jean is alive and she's long since made peace with Scott so it makes sense that she would reclaim the name she was born with. I dont need any exposition is really needed

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I'm with you on this. If she is ONLY obtainable through Danger Room, I'm gonna be pissed.
    Unfortunately, I just saw a video on the new characters and Rachel seems to be like Silver Surfer. Only obtainable through the Danger Room, which sucks.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by thedeadspace View Post
    unfortunately, i just saw a video on the new characters and rachel seems to be like silver surfer. Only obtainable through the danger room, which sucks.
    craaaaaaaaaaaap

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    Unfortunately, I just saw a video on the new characters and Rachel seems to be like Silver Surfer. Only obtainable through the Danger Room, which sucks.
    That's gross. I just got back into this game after a two year hiatus and trying to catch up on unlocking Jean. I hate trying to collect those gold fragments to build since I don't have a lot of strong characters to do world bosses. Le sigh

Fantastic Member

I love Rachel for Excalibur and happy they returned her name to summers — changing her name very needlessly over complicated the character who’s complicated enough on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    That's gross. I just got back into this game after a two year hiatus and trying to catch up on unlocking Jean. I hate trying to collect those gold fragments to build since I don't have a lot of strong characters to do world bosses. Le sigh
    The grind for CCFs is real, but hopefully Rachel isn't as bad to unlock as Surfer is.

Well, they broke me. I was saving crystals for the P5 costumes, but there's a sale for a 6-star Mega Ticket for 2600 crystal today. So I bought that so I only need 20 Bios for Rachel to get her maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Keep at it! I started playing in June and unlocked her in 2 months. I did buy the $100 Xmen pack