Page 114 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115116117118124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 2210
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Ahab got her during Extermination, then she was a mind control puppet by the general of the weird nation from X-Force, then a mind control puppet by Baby Stryfe, then freed herself finally.
    She is not gonna be happy with the new normals of Mutant Island.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Ahab got her during Extermination, then she was a mind control puppet by the general of the weird nation from X-Force, then a mind control puppet by Baby Stryfe, then freed herself finally.
    It is sad because as a telepath herself she should have strong defences againts mindcontrol.
    which sadly makes the whole situation ironic and humilliating

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Man I am away from the boards for a few days the Rachel thread explodes lol.

My two pennys on the Jean - Rachel thing: They are friends. They are family. That's what counts right? Do I think the way Jean was portrayed in Extermination was great? no. As someone said earlier, she's supposed to be a world class empath. But she was the opposite in Extermination. Almost everyone was indifferent to a lot of things, which is on Brisson. But as a Rachel fan I found Jean, Kurt, Storm, and Kitty to be extremely cold as no one seemed to cared (except for Bobby and Wi-Fi) she couldn't be saved. No follow up. HUGE disservice to the character and her relationships in the X-Men. I also thought it was wrong for them to say the Jean and Hope were the only important family to Nate in the Exterminated. I don't care if the hidden reason for X-Force was for Wi-Fi to find Rachel, she was still a tertiary character until the last two issues. But do I define all of that as how Jean should (or does) about Rachel? No. I also don't think any writer is going to address their relationship moving forward unless it's a plot point. So for me, they are friends and family and care for each other, but not as a true mother-daughter. The End.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is sad because as a telepath herself she should have strong defences againts mindcontrol.
    which sadly makes the whole situation ironic and humilliating
    Which is even more sad when she was the head psychic of the Jean Grey Institute and in charge of training the minds of the students and staff against mind control. But again, as JDW said, it seems all writers think about when it comes to Rachel are mind control stories.

I don't know what her future holds, but I hope she has some nice moments in X-Men before she fades into the background of Krakoa.

It's my fault, I was super grouchy and Havok83 was looking to argue with me, bad combination.

Fantastic Member

I’m glad she’s not in Krakoa when her parents and her ex boyfriend are all nude

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Man I am away from the boards for a few days the Rachel thread explodes lol.

My two pennys on the Jean - Rachel thing: They are friends. They are family. That's what counts right? Do I think the way Jean was portrayed in Extermination was great? no. As someone said earlier, she's supposed to be a world class empath. But she was the opposite in Extermination. Almost everyone was indifferent to a lot of things, which is on Brisson. But as a Rachel fan I found Jean, Kurt, Storm, and Kitty to be extremely cold as no one seemed to cared (except for Bobby and Wi-Fi) she couldn't be saved. No follow up. HUGE disservice to the character and her relationships in the X-Men. I also thought it was wrong for them to say the Jean and Hope were the only important family to Nate in the Exterminated. I don't care if the hidden reason for X-Force was for Wi-Fi to find Rachel, she was still a tertiary character until the last two issues. But do I define all of that as how Jean should (or does) about Rachel? No. I also don't think any writer is going to address their relationship moving forward unless it's a plot point. So for me, they are friends and family and care for each other, but not as a true mother-daughter. The End.

Which is even more sad when she was the head psychic of the Jean Grey Institute and in charge of training the minds of the students and staff against mind control. But again, as JDW said, it seems all writers think about when it comes to Rachel are mind control stories.

I don't know what her future holds, but I hope she has some nice moments in X-Men before she fades into the background of Krakoa.
    Yeah, I have given up expecting them to do anything. I think the reason Rachel and Cable are in X-Men #1 is because that is when they return from the future. Time Travel isn't precise so they probably appear back after all the HoX/PoX story is finished. This is the same as the Decimation poster, Rachel was on that poster and didn't appear in the event at all. The HoX/PoX poster, we already know Cable is still Kid Cable so he isn't appearing in the event. It's possible that older Cable shows up in PoX because he could appear several years in the future fighting against the evil Chimera that Sinister creates or something along that line. I think Rachel won't appear in the even at all.

I am going to anticipate that when Rachel appears in X-Men she will talk to Scott but not to Jean. I don't think Rachel will ever be shown interacting with Jean, she will be treated as Scott's daughter and not having any relationship with Jean at all. She will probably have a very small part in X-Men #1 and #2 and then be written out of the series after that, just to tie up the loose thread of X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I hope we wont get more mind controlled stories. Even not telepaths like Storm or Cyclops have been show having good telepathic defences.
    They shouldn't even think about doing that to Rachel.

BANNED

I hope we wont get more mind controlled stories. Even not telepaths like Storm or Cyclops have been show having good telepathic defences.
    Ororo has a defined reason to be resistant to telepathic manipulation -- but, Scott?

Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Ororo has a defined reason to be resistant to telepathic manipulation -- but, Scott?
    Jean and Xavier. They spent alot of time in his head and helped him develop a level of TP resistance

Honestly, it doesn't even matter to me anymore, I actually want Rachel to leave the X-books and move on to something else. A large number of Jean and Scott fans don't even want them near Rachel anyway, and I don't think the writers do either. Rachel should go to the Guardians of the Galaxy, or if the book is still running she should join the Exiles. I think it's time for her move away from the X-books permanently. I am tired of her being shunted off to the side in the X-books, they can't even bother to do a cover that includes her other than doing the same exact pose twice as if the artist couldn't even remember why she was in the book in the first place and doesn't even know how her powers work. She is an afterthought and I expect her to be treated as an afterthought in the books, she will get a few panels and barely talk at all, so they should just release her from the books and either shelve her since they don't want to use her or let the Avengers or Guardians writers have her.

X-Solicits for December are already there, Rachel doesn't appear on the covers of X-Men 3 or X-Men 4 . I´m a little worried U_U

Maybe she left, it could be that
    but I'm not trusting those covers. The first one shows all the summers, Jean and Wolverine and as far as I know the issue is about Magneto, Storm, Polaris and Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    X-Solicits for December are already there, Rachel doesn't appear on the covers of X-Men 3 or X-Men 4 . I´m a little worried U_U
    I think she only appears for a little bit with Cable and that's it, it's probably when they arrive from the future and everyone rejoins the group. There is also all the members of X-Force too, so Domino, Cannonball, Boom Boom, Shatterstar, etc... they all have to come back too. I imagine the X-Men 1 and 2 is these people returning and then dispersing to different teams. Rachel is probably only there for a short time and maybe decides to go back to the future or something, or she takes off. I imagine we won't be seeing her after this, the story thread seems to be more about getting Nathan back and getting him eventually onto Fallen Angels, I think Rachel's part in this is tertiary at best and she will just fade out.

There's been a time jump between X-Force and HoX. These characters came back months ago in current continuity so Xmen isnt going to be dealing with that

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There's been a time jump between X-Force and HoX. These characters came back months ago in current continuity so Xmen isnt going to be dealing with that
    They actually never showed when they came back. Just that Deathlok was going to get them as close to when they left as he could. So they could show up 8 months after they left. There is also the concern with not overlapping with past selves so it's kind of a better safe than sorry thing and play it safe and come back later. There hasn't been any indication that any member of X-Force is currently back in HoX/PoX, none of them have been seen so far, that's why I think they return in X-Men #1. From there everyone splits off as the teams are rebuilt by the governing body of Krakoa.