Page 118 of 148 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,756 to 1,770 of 2210
    Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Nice to see Rachel getting some play in video games. Also this made me realize how much I love her Prestige design. Shame she's wearing her old WatX look in upcoming issues.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Nice to see Rachel getting some play in video games. Also this made me realize how much I love her Prestige design. Shame she's wearing her old WatX look in upcoming issues.
    yeah, I guess we'll see what happens with her look. She is probably only going to be in X-Men #1 and #2 just a little bit. The majority of X-Men #1 focuses on Scott, Storm, Magneto, and Polaris.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Quote Originally Posted by True Believer Tony View Post
    Yeah she is actually awesome in the game but I hear her quests are a PITA.

Quote Originally Posted by ComeOnBunny View Post
    Yeah she is actually awesome in the game but I hear her quests are a PITA.
    If you don't want to throw down real money? Yeah. If you don't, get ready to hate the Danger Room and everyone in it.

Though she is worth it (as she should be). She is quite a bit better than QQQ or Kitty from the same update.

Fantastic Member

So I just finished house of X and I am getting a little concerned that there's been no mention or even a brief cameo of Rachel. I know the previews for the new stuff shows Cable so we know the time displaced mutants are around and she was last seen with him. The only thing I am hopeful is that she appears on at least one cover and we know she will be involved in at least one issue of the new X-Men. She had a good sized role as recently as Gold and even some cameos with Jean in Red. I know it was a different creative team and don't get me started on my thoughts on the new direction but at least there is some recent history of her being involved. My hopes though are fading that we will get regular appearances from her.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    So I just finished house of X and I am getting a little concerned that there's been no mention or even a brief cameo of Rachel. I know the previews for the new stuff shows Cable so we know the time displaced mutants are around and she was last seen with him. The only thing I am hopeful is that she appears on at least one cover and we know she will be involved in at least one issue of the new X-Men. She had a good sized role as recently as Gold and even some cameos with Jean in Red. I know it was a different creative team and don't get me started on my thoughts on the new direction but at least there is some recent history of her being involved. My hopes though are fading that we will get regular appearances from her.
    Yup, sadly X-men cast will change apparently each issue. I hope at least Hickman uses her well on the time she is there

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    Yeah, there isn't even a rumour that she is going to join Cable on Fallen Angels. I think she is going to have a small appearance in X-Men #1 and #2 and then she will be fading out. It doesn't sound like they have any intention of using her much. I am not even holding out hope that Jean and Scott will be anything more than Nathan's parents and acquaintances for Rachel, I expect her to end up talking with Nathan more than she talks with anyone else, she'll probably show up as an occasional character interacting with her brother from time to time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think she is going to have a small appearance in X-Men #1 and #2 and then she will be fading out.
    I understand being burned by the past with Rachel, but there is no evidence of her being faded out of the books.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I understand being burned by the past with Rachel, but there is no evidence of her being faded out of the books.
    She's not shown at all and nothing mentioned about her anywhere. I am going to keep my fingers crossed that they start the Exiles next year and let Rachel go to that book.

My guess is that she will barely even talk to Scott and Jean. She will interact with Nathan and be part of his story, perhaps they even leave Krakoa together and that is why he ends up joining Fallen Angels because Cable and Rachel were living somewhere off the island. If she doesn't end up on Exiles, I just hope they put her with Nathan eventually. I don't think she will hardly ever interact with Scott and Jean after reappearing at the end of X-Men #1 and part of X-Men #2.

The artist doesn't even know how to do anything with her powers at all. The people in Future Fight have a better grasp of Rachel than whatever they plan to do with her in X-Men 1 and 2. She is drawn on the covers as an afterthought and what holding her arms up in the air for some reason that doesn't make sense. Whatever, it's obvious they aren't interested in her as a character, I just hope they don't kill her off or have her enslaved again. I wouldn't put it past them to have someone cart her off in chains so they can show Rachel getting enslaved one more time. Of course Jean and Scott will stand there doing nothing like usual and just let whomever take her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    She's not shown at all and nothing mentioned about her anywhere.
    Like a ton of other X-Men. Monet has no book that we know of coming up, and yet we know Hickman is a big fan of her and much of Gen X, most of which he just resurrected. Yet I'm sure he has plans for them. Meanwhile, Rachel is about to appear and you're telling me why she won't again based on nothing at all.

The X-Men are a very big tent in the modern era. There are a lot of faces to service.

My guess is that she will barely even talk to Scott and Jean. [...] I don't think she will hardly ever interact with Scott and Jean after reappearing at the end of X-Men #1 and part of X-Men #2.
    There is no evidence suggesting any of that either.

She is drawn on the covers as an afterthought and what holding her arms up in the air for some reason that doesn't make sense.
    That pose is extremely vague and it's Yu, lol. She could be doing anything.

Whatever, it's obvious they aren't interested in her as a character, I just hope they don't kill her off or have her enslaved again. I wouldn't put it past them to have someone cart her off in chains so they can show Rachel getting enslaved one more time. Of course Jean and Scott will stand there doing nothing like usual and just let whomever take her.
    Aaaalso no evidence of any of this whatsoever, part 3.

You can make up the scenario you need to believe emotionally, or you can go by the facts. Right now, the facts don't indicate any of that.

Like a ton of other X-Men. Monet has no book that we know of coming up, and yet we know Hickman is a big fan of her and much of Gen X, most of which he just resurrected. Yet I'm sure he has plans for them. Meanwhile, Rachel is about to appear and you're telling me why she won't again based on nothing at all.

The X-Men are a very big tent in the modern era. There are a lot of faces to service.

There is no evidence suggesting any of that either.

That pose is extremely vague and it's Yu, lol. She could be doing anything.

Aaaalso no evidence of any of this whatsoever, part 3.

You can make up the scenario you need to believe emotionally, or you can go by the facts. Right now, the facts don't indicate any of that.
    I honestly don't think they have a clue what to do with her. That's why I have little to no confidence that she will be written very well or very much, because they simply don't know what to do with her. They'll do something to give her story closure and that will probably be all for now. I was hoping something would happen with her in Powers of X since she appeared on the overall cover, but not even one panel. I honestly think they don't know what to do with her. This is no different than Extermination, the writers had no clue how to writer her interacting with Jean, or even with Cable. At the very end of X-Force Rachel has more dialogue with Stryfe and his crew than she had with any other characters.

I really think they don't even know what to do with her. Even her appearance on the covers of X-Men 1 and 2 isn't even using her powers correctly, at least X-Force 9 and 10 had a grasp of Rachel's abilities. We'll see what happens but I expect her to have little to no character development and then she will fade into the background. Here appearance in X-Men 1 and 2 is for closure for Jean, Scott, and Nathan, it's not really anything about Rachel. It's honestly been a long time since any writer really knew what to do with Rachel, I can't be overly angry about her not appearing going forward, she just isn't that popular of a character. She was the character that got me reading comics, but she really isn't that for many other people.

It's not like they really know what to do with Lorna either, or other characters who have a very small amount of popularity.

I was a bit more positive before, I guess I got a bit depressed because so many Jean fans actually don't want Rachel and Jean to interact. I guess it somehow lessons or over ages Jean as a character to have a daughter. They are making Jean look younger than ever these days in House of X, so I think the writers will avoid having Jean and Rachel interact much because it ages Jean too much.

I am sure her appearance will give some closure of some kind so her story can be closed out. Perhaps they'll just have her go back to the future to be Mother Askani.

BANNED

Good lord, it is just an odd looking pose drawn by Yu, lol. It doesn't indicate anything about what she could be doing, from her powers to defense to anything else. That is absolutely nothing to overthink about.

There is also absolutely no evidence she is being "closed out" or going back to the future, or being taken into the background. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I could understand if there was even a hint of that. There's none! She is on the first two covers of a major flagship title! Chill out.

Fantastic Member

Wow and I thought I was being overly pessimistic. I don't think they will just shelve her. I think she'll be a background character just appearing without dialogue which is such a shame because there is so much to be had with her relationships alone. I am a massive Jean Grey fan. The Phoenix is what brought me to the X-Men and then when I discovered Rachel.... I think she's a more human character then Jean but that's just me. To me that makes her far more interesting but maybe it's just me. Will they revert to old tropes and use her as a mind controlled slave again? maybe. I wont care because at least she gets some time. In doing so who knows, maybe they find something they can work with. I will say though I agree with the drawing of her on the cover but I don't care again. It's just maybe the optimist in me that thinks... well they put her on a cover... of a number 1 at that.... so there must, hopefully be some interest to write for her character.

Good lord, it is just an odd looking pose drawn by Yu, lol. It doesn't indicate anything about what she could be doing, from her powers to defense to anything else. That is absolutely nothing to overthink about.

There is also absolutely no evidence she is being "closed out" or going back to the future, or being taken into the background. Zero. Zilch. Nada. I could understand if there was even a hint of that. There's none! She is on the first two covers of a major flagship title! Chill out.
    Jesus, right? People are assuming a lot based on past traumas, but so far we have no way of knowing Hickman's actual plans for her.
    He seems to like her, or else she wouldn't have gotten such a prominent feature on the cover of their biggest launch.
    I'm excited for her future.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Jesus, right? People are assuming a lot based on past traumas, but so far we have no way of knowing Hickman's actual plans for her.
    He seems to like her, or else she wouldn't have gotten such a prominent feature on the cover of their biggest launch.
    I'm excited for her future.
    Cast rotates every issue so I really doubt Rachel's going to do much