Page 123 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2210

OK, I was confused by the Rachel/Hepzibah conversation. Were they flirting? Did Rachel and Hep hook up that time they were in space together?

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Reposting some topical things I liked from today's X-Men #1 thread:

• Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.
    • Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    • Polaris calling out Cyclops' (formerly?) disingenuous bit about having a baby son.
    • The possibility that Hepzibah is hitting on Rachel, which further points to Rachel not being a Summers. (If she is not hitting on Rachel, then Yu made very odd choices making them move closer, and making the camera move in on them tighter, with each panel, followed by "let me get you another drink.")
    • The Rockwellian mutant home.

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    OK, I was confused by the Rachel/Hepzibah conversation. Were they flirting? Did Rachel and Hep hook up that time they were in space together?
    It definitely read as flirty. (See above.) And, if Hepzibah is not Rachel's aunt (because Rachel is not a Summers), thennn...

Quote Originally Posted by Filthy Mutie View Post
    It definitely read as flirty. (See above.) And, if Hepzibah is not Rachel's aunt (because Rachel is not a Summers), thennn...
    Right now she's not her aunt, she's her step-grandma...

[*]Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.[*]Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    Interesting. They have everyone's DNA, so they should be able to definitely answer the parentage question.

And yes, I'm all for Rachel getting it on with alien skunk lady. She hooked up with that Shiar dude with the giant sword, so she's not against some inter-species loving.

Ugh I hate relitigating Rachel’s parentage. It’s boring and turns the focus off her character onto others’.

She’s effectively a chimera mutant and I wish people would see her that way.
    Scott’s name.
    Jean’s powers.
    Wolverine’s rage.
    And I’d figure out something for Storm, Kurt, and Peter. I’d prefer those to be relationships but people are going to expect features or skills.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have seen this cover a lot these days but I'm not sure if it is a fanart or something official
    dfr.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by magenta View Post
    Interesting. They have everyone's DNA, so they should be able to definitely answer the parentage question.

And yes, I'm all for Rachel getting it on with alien skunk lady. She hooked up with that Shiar dude with the giant sword, so she's not against some inter-species loving.
    Hepzibah is married to Corsair, so she is Rachel's grandmother. I think the whole thing was Hepzibah trying to get Rachel to talk because Rachel was being typically anti-social.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Ugh I hate relitigating Rachel’s parentage. It’s boring and turns the focus off her character onto others’.
    I don't see how this is a positive direction for her if this is the direction Hickman is choosing to go into. And you're right, as this would turn her story into more about the Jean and Logan or her timeline than about her. It's a bad move, but there isn't a whole lot of on page confirmation so we're just getting worked up.

Plus it doesn't necessarily make sense given that Sinister has already charted Rachel's genome in the Summers' family tree already. And we know that Hickman loves all things Sinister.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hepzibah is married to Corsair, so she is Rachel's grandmother. I think the whole thing was Hepzibah trying to get Rachel to talk because Rachel was being typically anti-social.
    When did they get married? I beleive she's his longterm partner but not actual wife

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I kind of prefer Ray being Summers because it makes her Cable's sister.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I kind of prefer Ray being Summers because it makes her Cable's sister.
    She'd still be his sister--half-sister. And, their relationship would remain the same.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

There's absolutely nothing hinting that Rachel is Logan's daughter. In fact, we have at least one time in Gillen's run Sinister indicating she tested Rachel and she's Scott and Jean's biological daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    There's absolutely nothing hinting that Rachel is Logan's daughter. In fact, we have at least one time in Gillen's run Sinister indicating she tested Rachel and she's Scott and Jean's biological daughter.
    What issue is this

Reposting some topical things I liked from today's X-Men #1 thread:

• Cable's room being matched with Cyclops' and Jean's rooms, and Rachel's room being matched with Wolverine's and Jean's rooms. Hickman is implying parentage with his floorplan.
    • Rachel's last name being concealed, because it isn't Summers or Grey.
    • Polaris calling out Cyclops' (formerly?) disingenuous bit about having a baby son.
    • The possibility that Hepzibah is hitting on Rachel, which further points to Rachel not being a Summers. (If she is not hitting on Rachel, then Yu made very odd choices making them move closer, and making the camera move in on them tighter, with each panel, followed by "let me get you another drink.")
    • The Rockwellian mutant home.

where is her last name concealed?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    What issue is this