Page 126 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2210
    Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    With all the talk about Jean's uniform, it's going to be Jean who gets the Phoenix again. I honestly don't believe they are going to give it to Rachel, I just wish they would because I think Rachel is the best host for the Phoenix.

I would love for Rachel to get it, but honestly I don't think they have any plans for Rachel other than to exist. I guess yay! she gets to live with Scott and Jean so she's probably moderately happy even if we barely see her in comic again after X-Men #2. I guess I am glad she is alive and safe, I would like her to be part of a book, but at least they didn't kill her off or have her captured again.
    I think Rachel should be making appearances in both New Mutants and Marauders (Illyana/Kitty)
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    wow, had no idea X-Man's name was Nathaniel
    Sometimes it is, sometimes it is just Nathan.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Can I help you?
    Yeah, Rachel getting treated like crap recently sucks for her fans. What her fans don't need is someone coming in to her appreciation thread to complain about them voicing their concerns about her future.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Yeah, Rachel getting treated like crap recently sucks for her fans. What her fans don't need is someone coming in to her appreciation thread to complain about them voicing their concerns about her future.
    I am a Rachel fan and have been for over three decades. As a fan of the character, it upsets me when people insist based on absolutely no evidence that Rachel is being removed from the books or present status quo based on zero evidence whatsoever. If you feel I'm not allowed to express that, take it up with the mods. I'm not interested.
    Last edited by powerpax; 10-17-2019 at 12:37 PM.

I am a Rachel fan and have been for over three decade. As a fan of the character, it upsets me when people insist based on absolutely no evidence that Rachel is being removed from the books or present status quo based on zero evidence whatsoever. If you feel I'm not allowed to express that, take it up with the mods. I'm not interested.
    The thing is, there is evidence for it, even if you don't like it. Look what has happened to Hope. Too many writers sadly see Rachel as redundant with Jean around, and that's an attitude that needs to be changed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    The thing is, there is evidence for it, even if you don't like it. Look what has happened to Hope. Too many writers sadly see Rachel as redundant with Jean around, and that's an attitude that needs to be changed.
    Hope who is now a part of the Five?

I read all the same books other people do. I do not share a negative outlook for Rachel's future, and I'm not going to pretend there is a ream of present evidence to support her or anyone else being removed from the Dawn of X status quo or out of books for the foreseeable future based on past behavior. Look at how well that worked out for Emma Frost. The very least I will do is wait to read next month's issue with Rachel on the cover (again).

Hope who is now a part of the Five?

I read all the same books other people do. I do not share a negative outlook for Rachel's future, and I'm not going to pretend there is a ream of present evidence to support her or anyone else being removed from the Dawn of X status quo or out of books for the foreseeable future based on past behavior. Look at how well that worked out for Emma Frost. The very least I will do is wait to read next month's issue with Rachel on the cover (again).
    Yeah, I know I get over the top in my pessimism sometimes. I am happy that Rachel is with her family and they are living together. If you asked Rachel what she truly wanted, I can imagine living with her Mom and Dad would definitely be in her top 5 wishes. Hopefully she gets some interaction with Jean and Scott in X-Men #2 even if she does remain a background character.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

Yeah, I know I get over the top in my pessimism sometimes. I am happy that Rachel is with her family and they are living together. If you asked Rachel what she truly wanted, I can imagine living with her Mom and Dad would definitely be in her top 5 wishes. Hopefully she gets some interaction with Jean and Scott in X-Men #2 even if she does remain a background character.
    I'm not angry at you. I can understand pessimism to a point, but not to illogic. It just irks me when people insist Rachel is being shipped off to deep space or the future based on literally nothing. There are about a million X-Men to service atm and I personally believe Rachel will find a place and a book in time. But for now, for me as a fan, it is enough to see her in the first few issues of the flagship.

I'm not angry at you. I can understand pessimism to a point, but not to illogic. It just irks me when people insist Rachel is being shipped off to deep space or the future based on literally nothing. There are about a million X-Men to service atm and I personally believe Rachel will find a place and a book in time. But for now, for me as a fan, it is enough to see her in the first few issues of the flagship.
    They didn't forget about her, and they didn't forget about the fact that she is family to Scott, Jean, Nathan, and Alex. (not too sure how Rachel feels about Vulcan, probably the same as her Uncle Alex)

Honestly I was surprised Alex took a room beside Vulcan, I would have thought he would rather be in the section with Rachel and Nathan. Of course I really do think that Rachel and Nathan turned the middle bedroom into a gaming room and they put in a big screen TV along with the Nintendo Switch, X-Box, and Playstation.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

They didn't forget about her, and they didn't forget about the fact that she is family to Scott, Jean, Nathan, and Alex. (not too sure how Rachel feels about Vulcan, probably the same as her Uncle Alex)

Honestly I was surprised Alex took a room beside Vulcan, I would have thought he would rather be in the section with Rachel and Nathan. Of course I really do think that Rachel and Nathan turned the middle bedroom into a gaming room and they put in a big screen TV along with the Nintendo Switch, X-Box, and Playstation.
    There is something going on with most characters that we haven't seen yet as to why they have no issues with each other. The fact that Corsair, Rachel, and Alex all have no beef with Vulcan for enslaving, killing, and torturing them previously blows my mind. There is some level of Krakoa influence that is subjugating and numbing the mutants. I could be wrong, but there is just too much about how every is water under the bridge to too many characters for it to be otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    There is something going on with most characters that we haven't seen yet as to why they have no issues with each other. The fact that Corsair, Rachel, and Alex all have no beef with Vulcan for enslaving, killing, and torturing them previously blows my mind. There is some level of Krakoa influence that is subjugating and numbing the mutants. I could be wrong, but there is just too much about how every is water under the bridge to too many characters for it to be otherwise.
    It seems to me just Hickman going "I'll let other writers sort through the characterization, I've got world building to do".

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    There is something going on with most characters that we haven't seen yet as to why they have no issues with each other. The fact that Corsair, Rachel, and Alex all have no beef with Vulcan for enslaving, killing, and torturing them previously blows my mind.
    Consider Gabriel's origins which made him that way. Rachel was a Hound, as she was fond of telling people every other day back in the old days ("I was a Hound!!"). She was rehabilitated from that dark past. If anyone can understand traumatic upbringings, sins of the past and recovery it is her.

Consider Gabriel's origins which made him that way. Rachel was a Hound, as she was fond of telling people every other day back in the old days ("I was a Hound!!"). She was rehabilitated from that dark past. If anyone can understand traumatic upbringings, sins of the past and recovery it is her.
    True, and Gabriel appears to be reset to an earlier time, so a fresh start without all the baggage of Emperor Vulcan's crimes.

I guess we'll see if they address the Summers family dynamics more in upcoming issues.

BANNED

I don't think he's been reset. I think they've been psychically rehabilitating him and it's getting quirky.

I don't think he's been reset. I think they've been psychically rehabilitating him and it's getting quirky.
    I swear that dialogue makes me think they are going to catch Gabriel playing with matches or something.