Page 138 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2210
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    It was nice to see Rachel not be alone. Remember the girl who cried about never being able to exist in this reality? How alone she always felt. Well, now she has a place to call home and a family to annoy her. It's really gratifying to see.
    Yes, that is the best part. People sometimes don't get it, but Rachel has suffered and felt out of time, out of reality out of family.
    That is what I root for these interactions, she deserves that happiness. She has suffered so much for it.

I liked her this issue! Her hair and costume looked great too.

While the writing was subpar, I liked Rachel getting to spend time with Scott and Wi-Fi.

"Right. Good idea. I should've thought of that": this line is hilarious...
    Apparently Rachel forgot that she's a telepath...
    Broken English Spoken Perfectly

Amazing Member

Why does Rachel Summers facial scars keep changing ?????

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Artistic interpretation?

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Bad day care creams maybe ?
    It's just artistic interpretations. I mean, look at the suits, or the hair of the characters, they're never quite the same according who is drawing.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Where did the theory of Rachel being Logan's kid started?
    I see it brought from time to time and the only thing i remember is the part of Scott being unable to track Rachel.

Logan is cool and all but I wouldn't want that, he already has Laura and Daken which he sadly doesn't interact much.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Where did the theory of Rachel being Logan's kid started?
    I see it brought from time to time and the only thing i remember is the part of Scott being unable to track Rachel.

Logan is cool and all but I wouldn't want that, he already has Laura and Daken which he sadly doesn't interact much.
    Days of Future Present, Ahab converted Scott into a hound and technically family members have an innate ability to track family members when they are changed into hounds. Scott was unable to track Rachel.

I think Claremont said later that he intended Rachel to be the daughter of the Phoenix and she was created from the bonding of the Phoenix with Jean Grey. The Logan thing was just something assumed from the hold "hound" thing, thinking it was because of Logan that Rachel was a good tracker. She is a good tracker because of her TP and her TK not because of her senses though.

I think they were going to follow the whole "daughter of the phoenix" thing but they abandoned the story when Rachel was lost to the time stream and it was never revisited.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Days of Future Present, Ahab converted Scott into a hound and technically family members have an innate ability to track family members when they are changed into hounds. Scott was unable to track Rachel.

I think Claremont said later that he intended Rachel to be the daughter of the Phoenix and she was created from the bonding of the Phoenix with Jean Grey. The Logan thing was just something assumed from the hold "hound" thing, thinking it was because of Logan that Rachel was a good tracker. She is a good tracker because of her TP and her TK not because of her senses though.

I think they were going to follow the whole "daughter of the phoenix" thing but they abandoned the story when Rachel was lost to the time stream and it was never revisited.
    All of this. You see people bring this up in order to 1) rile up or antagonize Rachel fans or 2) Take shots at Jean and her fan base (as the insinuation is that 811 Jean cheated on Scott with Logan while they were married and had Rachel). It's lame and trolls use it to troll.

I have yet to read the issue but from what I've gathered from art clips and conversations Hickman is writing the Summers family like some sitcom, which to me would fall flat. I get this is the first time the 3 of them had an outing or mission just the 3 of them, but their dynamic sounded off. Hickman's Wi-Fi is waaaaay too modern teenage boy vs a teenager who was raised to be a strategist and leader of a rebellion. Rachel sounds too much like the goth older sister and feels like she's a flat character in what I've seen. Some are speculating it's because she's still dealing with her trauma, but this is new brooding even from her. I guess we'll have to see where she may show up next.

Also, like Rachel doesn't know more about Chandilar than Scott? She spent a good time in Shi'ar space with the Starjammers, moreso than Scott ever did as an adult or teen.

Fantastic Member

Sometimes it’s best to just accept their new characterization to better appreciate the story. The X-Men have a very rich complicated history and every so often a new writer would come in and spice things up. Before I would get frustrated because there are always some discrepancy or inconsistency with the characterization or the history. The truth is it’s a lost cause, the new writer will do whatever they want lol. I’m just glad she’s not brainwashed, tortured and imprisoned. It’s good that she is portrayed with limitations and flaws because it give her enough room to grow. Besides, I’m glad to see her have some family time. She’s been complaining about spending time with her mom and dad for decades. One of the Summers is always dead or on the brink of it, I’m glad they finally have some time to be a dysfunctional family just like the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    All of this. You see people bring this up in order to 1) rile up or antagonize Rachel fans or 2) Take shots at Jean and her fan base (as the insinuation is that 811 Jean cheated on Scott with Logan while they were married and had Rachel). It's lame and trolls use it to troll.

I have yet to read the issue but from what I've gathered from art clips and conversations Hickman is writing the Summers family like some sitcom, which to me would fall flat. I get this is the first time the 3 of them had an outing or mission just the 3 of them, but their dynamic sounded off. Hickman's Wi-Fi is waaaaay too modern teenage boy vs a teenager who was raised to be a strategist and leader of a rebellion. Rachel sounds too much like the goth older sister and feels like she's a flat character in what I've seen. Some are speculating it's because she's still dealing with her trauma, but this is new brooding even from her. I guess we'll have to see where she may show up next.

Also, like Rachel doesn't know more about Chandilar than Scott? She spent a good time in Shi'ar space with the Starjammers, moreso than Scott ever did as an adult or teen.
    OMG, you explained exactly what my issue is with this Cable in Dawn of X.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    OMG, you explained exactly what my issue is with this Cable in Dawn of X.
    I got you boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I got you boo.
    yeah, I liked seeing Scott, Nathan, and Rachel together as a family, but holy Rachel and Nathan were pretty must just generic kids, younger brother and older sister, and that's all they were!
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

finally got around to reading it. I liked it. I mean it was a little more teen angst then I would have preferred but I liked the interactions. Maybe I am just starved to see the family interact but I think it was done well. It would have been so much more impactfull with Jean there but that's nitpicking. I would say thought Cyclops bringing up the Shi'ar and saying there is something beautiful there should have been met with a lot more aggression from Rachel but they are still in the honeymoon phase so to speak so everything is sunshine and rainbows. I haven't seen the previews for the next couple of issues but judging by the comments on here it might not be too good for seeing her again in the near future. I remain hopeful though.