Page 140 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 2,086 to 2,100 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think it is better than being out of the books, I still hope there is something with a bit more focus on here but it doesn't seem likely at the moment.
    yeah, who can say what will happen in the next whole year.

When Rachel was mentioned on the original all "cast" cover she was listed as Dark Phoenix, and there was that one variant that was done that showed her as Dark Phoenix. Someone posted that Hickman said that the poster is significant and that we will see some of the people on that poster at various points in Dawn of X. I am not sure if that means adult Cable is going to return at some point, I hope so actually.

I am on the fence about revisiting the Dark Phoenix saga, but it would be nice to have Jean free of it and trying to save Rachel before Rachel loses herself in the Phoenix force.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

When Rachel was mentioned on the original all "cast" cover she was listed as Dark Phoenix, and there was that one variant that was done that showed her as Dark Phoenix. Someone posted that Hickman said that the poster is significant and that we will see some of the people on that poster at various points in Dawn of X. I am not sure if that means adult Cable is going to return at some point, I hope so actually.

I am on the fence about revisiting the Dark Phoenix saga, but it would be nice to have Jean free of it and trying to save Rachel before Rachel loses herself in the Phoenix force.
    I have a feeling the upcoming Moria X book might feature how Moira had a hand in manipulating major X-events to influence the future of mutants. Maybe they’ll feature a revisionist version of the Dark Phoenix saga or how she manipulated Phoenix Rachel during her time with Excalibur. She did spend sometime in Muir Island right?

I’d be happy to see her with a Phoenix fragment like before. I have a feeling the Phoenix force will somehow make an appearance by the end of Hickman’s run. It feels almost inevitable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    What?! Isn't this the making of a terrible writer, I mean sure writers and authors interpret characters and situations differently. But the past or actual stories of a character should influence how their portrayed, if Rachel has been supplanted with a new personality we as fans should comment on it. These sentiments seem to be shared by multiple readers because they like Hickman. But many of his character voices have been off, and not in the good way!!
    Different writers are different people and a new writer cannot be expected to write as another person. Of course the continuity matters to a degree. But different writers are not just different people, they come abroad on different times and even things such as current events/politics/pop culture influence how writers will write things.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    I have a feeling the upcoming Moria X book might feature how Moira had a hand in manipulating major X-events to influence the future of mutants. Maybe they’ll feature a revisionist version of the Dark Phoenix saga or how she manipulated Phoenix Rachel during her time with Excalibur. She did spend sometime in Muir Island right?

I’d be happy to see her with a Phoenix fragment like before. I have a feeling the Phoenix force will somehow make an appearance by the end of Hickman’s run. It feels almost inevitable.
    Yeah, maybe Rachel shows up in the alternate universe book where in one of Moira's timelines she became Dark Phoenix. That would be an easy way to revisit the story without impacting the rest of the Dawn of X books.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Fantastic Member

With the connection to Apocalypse at the end of the last X-Men do you think maybe we get a Rachel, Kitty and Kurt reunion in Excalibur at some point?

I dont see how that would make a reunion more likely. They'll likely be one to pay homage to nostalgia but not bc of anything in X-men #2

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

When Rachel was mentioned on the original all "cast" cover she was listed as Dark Phoenix,
    Yes, nnot worth getting worked up when we don't know what may or may not happen. As for the Mark Brooks cover, there are a lot of things in that cover that were never going to happen or solicited as happening. Baby Mojoverse Havok is not happening. Adult Cable with the nullifier gun is not happening. Rachel in her Dark Phoenix (post Necrom) outfit is likely not happening. It was all speculative.

and there was that one variant that was done that showed her as Dark Phoenix.
    That is Jean. It was never Rachel. Rain Beredo, who did the coloring and a huge Rachel fan, confirmed it was Jean.

Someone posted that Hickman said that the poster is significant and that we will see some of the people on that poster at various points in Dawn of X. I am not sure if that means adult Cable is going to return at some point, I hope so actually.
    I haven't heard that, but I don't think that's necessarily true. I believe Mark Brooks was given a list of characters to be in his cover in a variety of costumes they wore. It works be nice to see adult Cable but Marvel is invested in WiFi now.

I don't think they are going to do this with Rachel or anyone other than Jean.

Fantastic Member

I don't see them ever referencing Rachel and the Phoenix again. Such a missed opportunity during all that AvX nonsense. I remain optimistic she will get her due in the new launch but as to her and the Phoenix.... not happening. Especially if Marvel decides they want to revisit Phoenix again with an X-Men movie.

art by magickmarker

What is everyone's opinion on making Rachel Kate's (Kitty) Red Knight? Its even a better name than Prestige. Then she can spend more time with her "best" friend, especially since she looks bored hanging with her family and her annoying "little" brother. Plus she already had the red look going most of her career.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    What is everyone's opinion on making Rachel Kate's (Kitty) Red Knight? Its even a better name than Prestige. Then she can spend more time with her "best" friend, especially since she looks bored hanging with her family and her annoying "little" brother. Plus she already had the red look going most of her career.
    I wouldn't be opposed to that. Would also allow her to spend more time with the Marauders crew. My main gripe would be, we have longed to see her with the family and now that has happened they don't seem to want to show anything at least on panel we aren't getting much of anything with Rachel, so we are already looking for other options. I'd like to see her as her fathers right hand. Jean and Emma are busy elsewhere and Cyclops knows the benefit of having a telepath nearby. I am still hoping she just shows up in every other X-Men with her Dad. Also gives more opportunity for interactions with Jean and even whinny Cable.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Seeing as she was previously the "White Warrior Princess" or something with Emma, it would be nice to see her working with Kitty. But that would mean adding her to the book and I don't think they are going to change the roster at this point. The book has a good number of cast members and it might start feeling bloated with her in it. I do like the idea, but at this stage I don't think it will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott402 View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to that. Would also allow her to spend more time with the Marauders crew. My main gripe would be, we have longed to see her with the family and now that has happened they don't seem to want to show anything at least on panel we aren't getting much of anything with Rachel, so we are already looking for other options. I'd like to see her as her fathers right hand. Jean and Emma are busy elsewhere and Cyclops knows the benefit of having a telepath nearby. I am still hoping she just shows up in every other X-Men with her Dad. Also gives more opportunity for interactions with Jean and even whinny Cable.
    This would be my hope as well seeing as those other books employ telepaths in their roster. It would be nice for Rachel to be the go-to vs the "I guess she'll do" roles she has filled most recently.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

When was the last time Rachel and Emma interacted?
    I remember they don't getting along at all at the start and then working together but my mind is blank after this when it comes to their interactions.

Im drawing blanks outside of Claremont's run which was almost 15 years ago. I dont recall them interacting during the Bendis/WATX era nor IvX, which would be the only time they'd have had any singificant overlap in the books