Page 2 of 148 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Onslaught deserved more dignity than what they gave him in the Red Onslaught storyline.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I can't believe I'm saying this, but Onslaught deserved more dignity than what they gave him in the Red Onslaught storyline.
    Dignity is a dirty word at Marvel. Has been for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was, again, one of those things that could have really cemented that the Avengers and X-Men can and SHOULD be working on large scale threats together. I imagine the meeting went like this:

Avengers Editor: Hey so we're making this unity squad made up of Avengers and some X-Men. Cool concept right?
    X-Editor: Yes, we'll be able to cross-use characters or have them interact with important stories right?
    A-Editor: no, they are now Avengers so they don't really interact unless Bendis says so. Meanwhile, our first concept is Red Skull steals Xavier's brain and gets his powers. Great concept right?
    X-Editor: Okkkkkkk......... so like he just sews his brain on his and gets powers? Telepathic powers? So you'll make this a thing and then have a crossover where the X-Men jump in as they have the telepaths and could help.....
    A-Editor: (interrupts) Ahem it's an Avengers story. Do you really think they need the X-Men to help?
    X-Editor: But you're using X-Men characters and Xavier's brain...
    A-Editor: They're all Avengers now. Even Xavier. His portrait is in the Avengers Mansion. Geesh stop mooching off our characters and desperate...

It would have been a great opportunity for Rachel to work with them to track his psi-scent (leading to a confrontation with Ahab who was working with him) but no......
    Had they also kept her around, we could have had a brother/sister team with her and Cable working together once he joined the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Had they also kept her around, we could have had a brother/sister team with her and Cable working together once he joined the team.
    Screw Wanda and Pietro, the Summers Siblings would have been amazing to read. What a powerhouse!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I want rachel and teen cable to interact now that she is the older sister again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I want rachel and teen cable to interact now that she is the older sister again.
    I really doubt Brisson is interested in writing Rachel as a character but more as a basic motivation of Wifi

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I really doubt Brisson is interested in writing Rachel as a character but more as a basic motivation of Wifi
    I trust Brisson. He messed up at the end of extermination but also was the only one who actually remembered Rachel and Cable care for each other. Other than extermination #1 nobody in years even touched that connection. I'm sure he will do it fine.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 01-08-2019 at 12:43 PM.

Incredible Member

I trust Brisson. He messed up at the end of extermination but also was the only who actually remembered Rachel and Cable care for each other. Other than extermination #1 nobody in years even touched that connection. I'm sure he will do it fine.
    It is upto him.But I honestly dont have faith in X-men writers and editors to do her well. One of the reasons I hope that she leaves the franchise for good.

Mighty Member

Let's go a step further! Let's kill old Rachel and have Wifi snag a younger Rachel out of the timestream. That way we can get real siblings drama.

I'm sure my brain hates my fingers for typing that out.

I trust Brisson. He messed up at the end of extermination but also was the only one who actually remembered Rachel and Cable care for each other. Other than extermination #1 nobody in years even touched that connection. I'm sure he will do it fine.
    I trust him to write her, but I don't trust him to have any emotion come out of the book since Extermination ended on such a casual note. Then again, Rachel has been possessed so many times in the past year that I'm sure it's annoying in-universe.
    Last edited by U.N. Owen; 01-08-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Let's go a step further! Let's kill old Rachel and have Wifi snag a younger Rachel out of the timestream. That way we can get real siblings drama.

I'm sure my brain hates my fingers for typing that out.
    God no please my brain is hurting already lol.

I trust him to write her, but I don't trust him to have any emotion come out of the book since Extermination ended on such a casual note. Then again, Rachel has been possessed so many times in the past year that I'm sure it's annoying in-universe.
    I don't know. I feel like Brisson had some good emotional beats in the series, but everyone was blah about supporting Rachel throughout it. Rachel tells them it's not Ahab, everyone is like 'you're wrong it has to be. You don't know him Rachel'. Rachel's balling because Cable is dead, her friends and family stand over her and offer no support while she cries....especially Kitty, Kurt, and both Jeans. Rachel is turned into a hound, no reaction from Kitty but Iceman is concerned. Rachel is stuck as a hound, Iceman is concerned but no one else is.

I know this series was not about her, but I'm still salty about how it was overall handled and hope he can provide her some dignity and good storytelling. But to be honest I don't know that she is redeemable in the X-Office at the moment.

Fantastic Member

Aaron did write her pretty well during his Wolverine and the X-men run. Pretty much the last time she was written well(during the AvX)
    When he did writer her, she was awesome...but he pretty much ignored her the whole time and outside of the AvX issue, she barely got any panel time under his pen.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    When he did writer her, she was awesome...but he pretty much ignored her the whole time and outside of the AvX issue, she barely got any panel time under his pen.
    I know that is the case but it unfortunately also was the last time someone made her awesome. He did not use her much but when he did, it was great. Its been way too long and I dont really have any expectations as far as Rachel is concerned

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    The sad problem was that he enjoyed writing Rachel, but was limited in what he could do with her based on other writers, event directives, and editorial character focuses. She wasn't allowed to be a focus or player in AvX so he was allowed to give her that great issue during that event. Rachel wasn't allowed to be around the O5 per Bendis so she was effectively removed from the book while they were in the mansion except to interact with Kitty. Wolverine was the focus of the book, as were the students, so many of the adult teachers/characters were secondary to them.

I know that is the case but it unfortunately also was the last time someone made her awesome. He did not use her much but when he did, it was great. Its been way too long and I dont really have any expectations as far as Rachel is concerned
    No expectations are better than any sadly.

Hi again friends!

I read this solicitation about x-force:
    X-FORCE #4
    • Ahab has returned to exterminate X-Force!
    • What twisted scheme is Ahab conducting that has attracted the attention of X-Force?
    • The team has begun to put the pieces together, but will they figure it out in time to stop mass genocide?

so... if Ahab is come back... will Rachel come back with him? (happy new year to all Rachel fans!).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    Hi again friends!

I read this solicitation about x-force:
    X-FORCE #4
    • Ahab has returned to exterminate X-Force!
    • What twisted scheme is Ahab conducting that has attracted the attention of X-Force?
    • The team has begun to put the pieces together, but will they figure it out in time to stop mass genocide?

so... if Ahab is come back... will Rachel come back with him? (happy new year to all Rachel fans!).
    The whole point of Rachel going with Ahab was to make Cable give a **** about him. Obviously she will be there, but I dont have any real expectations regarding her since she will most likely be shitted on or just be forgotten within two chapters of being rescued(my guess is both).