Page 20 of 148 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070120 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

It is curious that she was called Rachel Summers on this issue, i thought the x-office had decided for Grey

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    It is curious that she was called Rachel Summers on this issue, i thought the x-office had decided for Grey
    Well now that Jean is back, the whole reason Rachel took the surname was to honor Jean (and use Jean's name as a connection to Rachel for new readers) so it kinda invalidates it. Plus if it's through Kid Cable she's named (or Ahab) both of them would know her as Summers only. Those are my thoughts pre-reading the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Its Kid Cable that named her as such and when he knew her, she was Rachel Summers. Its a nice touch and is more fitting then him referring to her as Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well now that Jean is back, the whole reason Rachel took the surname was to honor Jean (and use Jean's name as a connection to Rachel for new readers) so it kinda invalidates it. Plus if it's through Kid Cable she's named (or Ahab) both of them would know her as Summers only. Those are my thoughts pre-reading the issue.
    you are correct

Fantastic Member

Maybe we'll see Mother Askani scenes next issue

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    Maybe we'll see Mother Askani scenes next issue
    I would DIE if we got either Mother Askani with Balquesmith or teen Ray (when she was just projecting her teenage astral form to him).

I'm glad he speaks so fondly of Ray in this issue. I was kinda validating that at least one person actually cares about her in the whole X-Universe. An after reading that seen where Dom says she "was there", I can't tell if she's saying it with spite or slightly upset at the memory of coming out of being a hound. Regardless, it was nice to see he has been actually looking for her this whole time, while the rest of the X-Men moved on. I'm also really happy the one panel they did for her was pretty, vs the rest of the art. Flip side, we know that she's frothing at the mouth crazy before she was sent to Stryfe.

Also strangely happy to see Zero. Haven't seen him since Excalibur and Douglock.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I would DIE if we got either Mother Askani with Balquesmith or teen Ray (when she was just projecting her teenage astral form to him).

I'm glad he speaks so fondly of Ray in this issue. I was kinda validating that at least one person actually cares about her in the whole X-Universe. An after reading that seen where Dom says she "was there", I can't tell if she's saying it with spite or slightly upset at the memory of coming out of being a hound. Regardless, it was nice to see he has been actually looking for her this whole time, while the rest of the X-Men moved on. I'm also really happy the one panel they did for her was pretty, vs the rest of the art. Flip side, we know that she's frothing at the mouth crazy before she was sent to Stryfe.

Also strangely happy to see Zero. Haven't seen him since Excalibur and Douglock.
    I think Dom was angry at Cable for not telling her part of the plan was to rescue Rachel.

I loved how he emphasized that Rachel was his "Guiding Light". My only hope is that they admit that she has already been Mother Askani and that they don't leave her in the future to be Mother Askani again. I want Rachel's Mother Askani period to be in the past and that Cable just wants to be with this current incarnation of his sister.

Regardless of anything else, I was actually really surprised because it seems that X-Force is going all in on Cable and Rachel's relationship, no matter what happens in other books I am holding out hope that Rachel and Cable will be teamed up for a while after she is rescued. Next issue is Cable's back history, so if that includes Rachel as Mother Askani, then wow, I can't believe they are going to revisit the Askani storyline and really emphasize how Rachel was integral to Cable's development.

I wouldn't mind at all if Cable and Rachel go off together for a long period just like older Cable and Hope did, I would love it if this X-Force story segues into a Cable and Rachel series where they go off on an adventure together with just the two of them.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is my favorite Rachel/Cable moment
    rachelbabycable.jpg

I hope they get to interact while she is still the big sister (again)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    So sad we don't get to see scenes like these anymore

Attachment 78946

Attachment 78945

Attachment 78944
    What issue of Cable is that?

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Rachel will keep using the name Summers to spite Jean for not caring that Ahab took her...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I wonder if Rachel will keep using the name Summers to spite Jean for not caring that Ahab took her...
    I dont think Jean will care. She probably didnt care that Rachel changed it in the first place

Ultimate Member

Yeah sadly they probably won't have her even remember that Rachel exists to push Jean and Bishop for as long as they can

Yeah sadly they probably won't have her even remember that Rachel exists to push Jean and Bishop for as long as they can
    I really dont think Bishop will be the reason why there may be a lack of Jean/Rachel relationship acknowledgement

Ultimate Member

I didn't mean it that way, only that Marvel would probably be far more interested in pushing Bishop and Jean than bothering to have Jean and Rachel talk things out at the very least...

I didn't mean it that way, only that Marvel would probably be far more interested in pushing Bishop and Jean than bothering to have Jean and Rachel talk things out at the very least...
    I don't think Bishop will have any role or reason as to any lack of future development between Rachel and Jean. The X-Office made itself clear when throughout Extermination Jean was apathetic to Rachel. Any positive development in their relationship this year was done in Jean's book (quelle surpris), while the other books made Jean appear uncaring or apathetic to Rachel. Meanwhile every book made Rachel look pathetic lol. So in the mind of the X-Office this relationship is fine and doesn't need to be revisited. If anything, Cyclops and Wolverine returning will likely be (sadly) more of a focus and concern for Jean. Jean is like Trump, she doesn't like captured heroes.

If Rachel is allowed to come back to the present with X-Force after this storyline with Stryfe is done, she will be in X-Force only if she remains on a team. I like that Brisson is talking about the connection between Nate and Rachel, so he might be setting her up to stay on X-Force with him. What I would like though is if Rachel does come back and all of the X-Men rejoice, she read them for filth for abandoning her and not helping Cable look for her.

Fantastic Member

Maybe Jean read his mind and understood his plan to rescue Rachel without her help. She didn't stop him from chasing after Ahab, even if they still have a lot to catch up, so I guess she does care.