Page 22 of 148 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post

Exactly. And honestly for me there needs to be more than that because Rachel has closer relationships with Kitty and Kurt and they should have been leading the charge to find her. For no one to do anything and assume this random teenager who is claiming to be Cable might save Rachel in a quest to end Ahab is a stretch for Jean, Kitty, and Kurt. But on the other hand they didn't do anything the last time Rachel disappeared.

I don't know if it's enough honestly. I need panels showing the X-Men using time and resources to locate her or Ahab that ended right before Disassembed in a montage spread. That would only be the only way to explain, at least for me. It's a lot but the writers and editors really destroyed Rachel as a character last year. She's more than deserving of a rebuild and apologies.

And that would be kinda creepy that he's stalking Jean without speaking to her as we know Nate has not spoken to the X-Men since Extermination.
    To do that they would need to explain what happened to make Rachel, who was the ultimate survivor, revert to someone with no such ridiculously weak psychic defense. She was a heavy hitter who took down Thor! She took out the Minotaur.

And now she cannot shake off the stupid twins or Mesmero. During Battle of the Atorm she psychically defeated Xavier's son. If she can do that, Nova should not have been able to control her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Are they leading up to Rachel becoming Phoenix again, this is the second time that an artist has put something out with Rachel being Phoenix. I guess it could just be someone drawing Excalibur Rachel since I see he did Excalibur Kitty too.
    Not happening. Phoenix is Jean's thing. Rachel needs her own thing. Part of the problem is writers and editors see her as just a Jean replacement. Rachel needs her own identity and codename and storylines. Perhaps being thrown into the time stream again will trigger her Askani memories. Perhaps they will bring back her time projection power or something.

Ignoring her Askani stuff was a huge mistake, as that gave her a completely separate and unique identity. She was the Guardian of the timestream, where as Jean as Phoenix is the guardian of space.

BANNED

I wonder if any fan will ever stop speculating on x character ever again becoming Phoenix just cuz some shmuck says that it isn't official.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Rachel being phoenix would only push her more on Jean's shadow. the only way i would like her being phoenix again would be in another excalibur and i doubt marvel has plans for that

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rachel being phoenix would only push her more on Jean's shadow. the only way i would like her being phoenix again would be in another excalibur and i doubt marvel has plans for that
    Rachel is still the only host not to lose themselves to the Phoenix while being host for longer than a day. It could definitely fit with her, and have her go do cosmic adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Isn't that the same reasoning as why no Jean Grey story will never be anything but a Phoenix story?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Yeah I don't think Nate told him. He has a plan for Scott. Given his memories as Tyke of Extermination, and knowing that Jean and others pulled through it,I assume he thinks Rachel did too and is gone like the rest. Clearly not the case. If he knew she was in fact still a hound and a slave to Ahab, he would have made that his cause and not gone on this path that Nate started for him. Honestly I think Nate is making this his personal mission, which is sweet. But it makes the remainder of the X-Men (sans Scott and Logan) look bad for twidling their thumbs and ignoring her plight and putting stock in a kid who just murdered his adult counterpart they don't know.
    So that was confirmed by White this am. And then we got this gem:

rachel.jpg

Literally frothing at the mouth. I have no words as to how I feel about this picture and the artists rendering....

rachel.jpg

Literally frothing at the mouth. I have no words as to how I feel about this picture and the artists rendering....
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I mean you're not wrong. She is giving us Cujo-realness on the runway. The frothing almost beats R'chel for most upsetting look.

rachel.jpg

damn she looks like she has rabies

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    damn she looks like she has rabies
    Isn't that the picture from Extermination #5? I think it's the same, maybe I am wrong.

Nope, definitely NOT Pepe Larraz artwork. Additionally Rachel was never shown up close, nor FROTHING. So this terrible piece of art is likely from X-Force 6 or the opening/ending of 5.

Nope, definitely NOT Pepe Larraz artwork. Additionally Rachel was never shown up close, nor FROTHING. So this terrible piece of art is likely from X-Force 6 or the opening/ending of 5.
    I really dont think the art is terrible. It looks better than the current art on X-Force and the artist did a great job here with her

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I really dont think the art is terrible. It looks better than the current art on X-Force and the artist did a great job here with her
    It's different from the current look and feel in X-Force for sure. We disagree on what looks good to each other and that's cool. My main issue is I don't think the houndmarks and face look right, and her pose reminds me of Toad. Not the worst I have ever seen, but her first in-person panel since Extermination is this? Not what I was hoping for.

It's different from the current look and feel in X-Force for sure. We disagree on what looks good to each other and that's cool. My main issue is I don't think the houndmarks and face look right, and her pose reminds me of Toad. Not the worst I have ever seen, but her first in-person panel since Extermination is this? Not what I was hoping for.
    Yeah, it makes me wonder what the end goal here is, can they rescue Rachel, or are they going to be put into the only option being killing her?

I get the feeling that they may be leading toward killing her during the story. What with them talking about going full circle with Rachel, so she started as a hound, so the Marvel writers think that a suitable ending to her story is to die as a hound too.