Page 23 of 148 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I have the feeling that Rachel will overcome her "houndification" by herself.
    Jean tried but failed and i doubt cable could do any better than jean.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I have the feeling that Rachel will overcome her "houndification" by herself.
    Jean tried but failed and i doubt cable could do any better than jean.
    I would love that if it turned out that she breaks her own conditioning and ends up rescuing X-Force. I suppose it could happen if she links her mind to Cable and remembers who she is. Technically that was how she broke conditioning the first time on her original Earth, she was absorbing the memories of her victims and eventually her inner empathy for her victims broke her conditioning. That was when she attacked Ahab, took his eye, and smashed him into a computer console that exploded and took his lower body and one of his arms. After that they were unable to reprogram her again and they threw her into the concentration camp with the other mutants after 6 months of trying to recondition her.

I dont think she'll be killed off but I do think Cable will take her to the future to become Mother Askani

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think she'll be killed off but I do think Cable will take her to the future to become Mother Askani
    Which does and doesn't make sense.

It makes sense as that might be a reason to free her, but why let her get hounded in the first place then if it puts his future in peril? He could have easily found and taken out Rachel as well (like Iceman) preventing her from becoming a hound.

Whereas it doesn't make sense seeing as Rachel and Mother Askani have existed separately from each other previously. If it was problematic why wouldn't adult Cable have solved it years ago when he found her with Gaunt? Or Blaquesmith do something? And Rachel had the Phoenix Force when she went and became Mother Askani. Prior to defeating Diamanda and sending away the PF, she used it to do a number of feats that she couldn't do currently. And then there is the point that Marvel said that after Apocalypse was killed, that future became divergent and Rachel was made into two: Rachel found by Cable who has tertiary memories of the Askani timeline, and Rachel who stayed in that timeline and became Mother Askani (who then became a time guardian and a being of pure psionic energy).

It wouldn't be the worst ending but none of it feels redeeming for her after the horrid two years they have put her through.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Which does and doesn't make sense.

It makes sense as that might be a reason to free her, but why let her get hounded in the first place then if it puts his future in peril? He could have easily found and taken out Rachel as well (like Iceman) preventing her from becoming a hound.

Whereas it doesn't make sense seeing as Rachel and Mother Askani have existed separately from each other previously. If it was problematic why wouldn't adult Cable have solved it years ago when he found her with Gaunt? Or Blaquesmith do something? And Rachel had the Phoenix Force when she went and became Mother Askani. Prior to defeating Diamanda and sending away the PF, she used it to do a number of feats that she couldn't do currently. And then there is the point that Marvel said that after Apocalypse was killed, that future became divergent and Rachel was made into two: Rachel found by Cable who has tertiary memories of the Askani timeline, and Rachel who stayed in that timeline and became Mother Askani (who then became a time guardian and a being of pure psionic energy).

It wouldn't be the worst ending but none of it feels redeeming for her after the horrid two years they have put her through.
    Cable didnt let Rachel get hounded. Its not like he stood around and watched Ahab go after her. He wasnt around her and was focused on ensuring that the O5 stay alive long enough for him to return them. Rachel and quite frankly everyone else was a low priority to that

Cable didnt let Rachel get hounded. Its not like he stood around and watched Ahab go after her. He wasnt around her and was focused on ensuring that the O5 stay alive long enough for him to return them. Rachel and quite frankly everyone else was a low priority to that
    On a side note, I am curious about something from X-Force #4. Ahab laughed at Cable for losing Rachel and told Cable that he was screwed now because he lost Rachel. That obviously means her impact to the time line is probably just as important as the O5. Of course I hope that doesn't mean that she has to become Mother Askani again. I really don't want her to disappear for 10 years again.

<sigh> I really don't get why it has to always be either Jean or Rachel, I think it's more than possible to have them on the same team on a comic for an extended period. Just get a writer that knows how to write a mother and a daughter together.

The coming Rachel/Jean Schism will divide the X-Men for 50 years.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Actually this is a great litmus test.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    On a side note, I am curious about something from X-Force #4. Ahab laughed at Cable for losing Rachel and told Cable that he was screwed now because he lost Rachel. That obviously means her impact to the time line is probably just as important as the O5. Of course I hope that doesn't mean that she has to become Mother Askani again. I really don't want her to disappear for 10 years again.

<sigh> I really don't get why it has to always be either Jean or Rachel, I think it's more than possible to have them on the same team on a comic for an extended period. Just get a writer that knows how to write a mother and a daughter together.
    I don't want Rachel gone or back in the future or as mother Askani, i want her to interact with Jean but apparently for Marvel the only thing that matters is love drama sadly

I don't want Rachel gone or back in the future or as mother Askani, i want her to interact with Jean but apparently for Marvel the only thing that matters is love drama sadly
    She had a few moments here and there with Cyclops. Lol, but the honest truth is that Rachel just wants her Mom <sob>.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    She had a few moments here and there with Cyclops. Lol, but the honest truth is that Rachel just wants her Mom <sob>.
    Yes, she adores Jean, i think it is cute.
    Is like she really wants to spend time and know Jean. it would be cool if marvel let them

Yes, she adores Jean, i think it is cute.
    Is like she really wants to spend time and know Jean. it would be cool if marvel let them
    I think I would be overjoyed if they put Jean and Rachel on a team together. I just want to see Rachel calling Jean Mom all the time in the middle of a battle. She did that with Tyke, calling him Dad while they were fighting Mojo. I think Rachel would be perfectly happy if her parents just let her call them Mom and Dad all the time and stopped worrying about it.

Well I will see what the June solicits show. I think if Rachel isn't on the covers or showing with the team after May it probably means she is getting written out in some way. I am keeping my fingers crossed that isn't the case, but it's hard to feel positive right now.

Recently purchased the Claremont “Reload v1” trade. Rachel is front and center, but terrible. Is Claremont the one responsible for her “regression”? Davis’ Rachel Summers was much more competent.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

My point is merely that if she is so potentially important to the continuation of the timeline that her becoming a hound has imperiled it, she is not in fact a low priority and should have been protected from his perspective. Now while I'm not pleased with the nonsense that has befallen Rachel, I don't think that's how it should have happened in Extermination. She was once again a victim in someone else's story in order to somehow validate a story for a book. My argument to the idea that she is required to become Mother Askani again for the timeline to work breaks established canon and then puts her safety at a much higher level than Cable placed her. Aka is a writing issue.

Anterior, I agree with the other comments that it's a shame Marvel won't allow Jean and Rachel to co-exist in the MU at the same time. Sad really, lots of opportunities for decent drama and interpersonal growth.