Page 24 of 148 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    My point is merely that if she is so potentially important to the continuation of the timeline that her becoming a hound has imperiled it, she is not in fact a low priority and should have been protected from his perspective. Now while I'm not pleased with the nonsense that has befallen Rachel, I don't think that's how it should have happened in Extermination. She was once again a victim in someone else's story in order to somehow validate a story for a book. My argument to the idea that she is required to become Mother Askani again for the timeline to work breaks established canon and then puts her safety at a much higher level than Cable placed her. Aka is a writing issue.

Anterior, I agree with the other comments that it's a shame Marvel won't allow Jean and Rachel to co-exist in the MU at the same time. Sad really, lots of opportunities for decent drama and interpersonal growth.
    He didnt know she was going to be turned into a Hound in Extermination. This event didnt happen in the future timeline he was trying to prevent. He thought he could slip in and take all the O5 without any complications but Ahab, teen Jean and X-Force got in his way. Rachel had already been turned by the time he realized Ahab was turning X-men into hounds and he was under the assumption that Jean would be able to fix that which she couldnt

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think she'll be killed off but I do think Cable will take her to the future to become Mother Askani
    I definitely think something's up with the Askani. Or else we would have Stryfe back so soon, and else she wouldn't have been sent to the timestream. I don't think her going into the future to become the Mother Askani means she has to be an old lady, or the same Mother Askani that we had in the 90s. But I think the writers decided being the guardian of the timestream was something that was unique to Rachel and made her own character separate from Jean/Phoenix.

I would love if she used the Askani codename and used the psimitar.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    He didnt know she was going to be turned into a Hound in Extermination. This event didnt happen in the future timeline he was trying to prevent. He thought he could slip in and take all the O5 without any complications but Ahab, teen Jean and X-Force got in his way. Rachel had already been turned by the time he realized Ahab was turning X-men into hounds and he was under the assumption that Jean would be able to fix that which she couldnt
    True. I'm just anxious and not pleased that once again Rachel could be shunted off to the future because Jean has returned. For me, sending her off to be Mother Askani does nothing on panel to redeem her character and writes her off for good. And while White's tweet (see post below) isn't an indication of a rule, it sure feels that way and is real annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I definitely think something's up with the Askani. Or else we would have Stryfe back so soon, and else she wouldn't have been sent to the timestream. I don't think her going into the future to become the Mother Askani means she has to be an old lady, or the same Mother Askani that we had in the 90s. But I think the writers decided being the guardian of the timestream was something that was unique to Rachel and made her own character separate from Jean/Phoenix.
    Well if Cable shows up,especially a young Cable, you know Stryfe is somewhere in the wings. It makes sense. Also from what I gathered Stryfe had been selling future weapons for a while in Transia (similar to what he was doing back in the early 90's before his backstory was revealed) before Ahab and his hounds were captured by Constantin. Mutants had been sent through the portal for a while (the price for the weapons) and it wasn't until Rachel went through that it stopped and they just were using Ahab to experiment.

The concern (which comes out as negativity) that I have all relates to the fact that Rachel has been the victim of some horrendous character destruction over the past two years and still is. I want to see her be redeemed or salvaged on panel. I want to see her rise above it all and become stronger...on panel. As a character, and as an avid fan and reader of hers for 30 years, after the treatment she's received it's deserved. But if you save her in one panel and then send her off to the future permanently we get no redemption on panel. It's implied at best. And on panel I think is needed and desired by many readers. You send her packing and boom she out of the books again never to interact with ANY of the X-Men or Scott or Jean again. And if sending her to the future is solely to become Mother Askani, then yes it DOES mean that she becomes the old lady. As Mother Askani, Rachel became a guardian of the timestream who swore an oath to not intervene as much as she could. Hence why she didn't fully stop Tanya Trask from uploading the names of the 12 into the original Mastermold.

I would love if she used the Askani codename and used the psimitar.
    I totally think Askani is the best codename for her, other than Starchylde, as they are unique to her. And would love to see her utilizing the Askani techniques and weaponry she created. I've been an advocate for years that Blaquesmith should have taken Rachel under his tutelage when she returned to the present time. There were and are a number of places where this could have happened but writers chose not to. But the likelihood of her taking the name Askani and/or staying in the present is not great.

Screenshot_20190319-085014.jpg

White says there is no rule.

Hmmm, it looks to me like the Starchild is super pissed off. Welcome back Rachel Summers the Phoenix!!

https://static1.cbrimages.com/wordpr...fit=crop&w=738

XFORCE2018009-cov.jpg

X-FORCE #9
    ED BRISSON (W) • DYLAN BURNETT (A) • Cover by Valerio Schiti
    • X-Force is split between a Stryfe and a hard place!
    • The clock is ticking!
    • Plus: The return of Rachel Summers!

So the Schiti art I posted a while back was for a cover. Tricky bird.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    So the Schiti art I posted a while back was for a cover. Tricky bird.
    Now I am just keeping my fingers crossed that she doesn't go all Dark Phoenix and become a villain. Of course I want to see her rip Stryfe into tiny pieces.

It would be interesting if they play it out that she isn't actually a Phoenix host this time, but rather a baby Phoenix that is starting to come into it's own, more than likely triggered by all the trauma she endured this past 2 years and from being flipped into being a hound again.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Hmmm, it looks to me like the Starchild is super pissed off. Welcome back Rachel Summers the Phoenix!!

XFORCE2018009-cov.jpg

X-FORCE #9
    • The clock is ticking!
    ha ha I just saw the previews and came directly here to read the comments, crossing my fingers for Rachel to finally get the respect she deserves.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

XFORCE2018009-cov.jpg

X-FORCE #9
    • The clock is ticking!
    So I am shook by this picture. Legit.

For me it means one of three things:
    1) That is a pretty cover and none of that happens. It's imagery is used in her mind to break free from being a hound.
    2) if Rachel does get some element of the Phoenix back, it's to set her up to go back to the Apocalypse future since her having the Phoenix Force is a required to be Mother Askani. She can't go back to the X-Men as Phoenix.
    3) If Rachel does get some element of the Phoenix back and comes back to the present, she's either going cosmic or to a relaunched Excalibur. She can't go back to the X-Men as Phoenix.

I love that cover. I really hope it's not a sign she's being written out again. Of course, with the suspected relaunch coming up, it might not stick either way.

I drew Rachel for an x-jam years ago (way before the boards rebooted). It was some kind of AU, but I can't remember what the story I came up with was. Anyway, I decided to redraw it last night, for some reason, and figured I might as well post both pics here.

The new version:

Rachel.jpg

And the original, just to show the colour scheme (wish I remembered the story behind the hair):

final.jpg

Mighty Member

Rachel Grey is dead.

Long live Rachel Summers!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Rachel Grey is dead.

Long live Rachel Summers!
    I am keeping my fingers crossed she goes back to present day as Phoenix. It's time for Phoenix to be a hero again. I wouldn't even mind it if she makes the X-Men and Avengers paranoid just through her presence. I am also hoping that they pursue the Starchild part of it and maybe have her be half human and half phoenix, and not really a host after all.

I am keeping my fingers crossed she goes back to present day as Phoenix. It's time for Phoenix to be a hero again. I wouldn't even mind it if she makes the X-Men and Avengers paranoid just through her presence. I am also hoping that they pursue the Starchild part of it and maybe have her be half human and half phoenix, and not really a host after all.
    I think you're jumping the gun a bit lol. It's most likely imo that the cover is misleading and there's no Phoenix involvment at all. Even the Summers name(that I think it's a takeaway more likely to be accurate) might not mean much, considering they got it wrong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I think you're jumping the gun a bit lol. It's most likely imo that the cover is misleading and there's no Phoenix involvment at all. Even the Summers name(that I think it's a takeaway more likely to be accurate) might not mean much, considering they got it wrong before.
    Yeah, it's possible that it is her astral plane form where she sees herself as a version of the Phoenix. It does probably represent her breaking the hound conditioning at last. I just hope they don't write her out, I want her to go ongoing with Cable as a regular 2nd lead character or return to the present day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Summer isnt wrong bc its her name. She's already been referred to that in this book and it appears they are going to have her reclaim it going forward which IMO is for the best. Or better yet take on Grey as a middle name. Rachel Grey Summers