Page 26 of 97 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 1453
  1. #376
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Guy just cheated on her mom EWW

    I don't think there is nothing suggesting she will be choosing Summers over Grey
    You have an unhealthy obsession with that moment in time. In universe, that was over 4 years ago. In that time, Jean died, came back, died again 43 more times, came back, died, and came back. Scott died twice. Jean's younger self arrived, then died, then came back, then died, then came back, then went back to her time. During that time, Jean disavowed Rachel as her daughter twice.

    A lot has happened. The thing that stayed the same? Jean kinda being a jerk to Rachel.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  2. #377
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    5,579

    Default

    Jean and Rachel may not share much panel time but she cares for her, ignore guggenheim's trash (all gold was a mistake and that part is no exception).

    She cared a lot for Rachel on X-men red, on the annual and on a whole issue dedicated to Rachel. keep in mind that Jean came back a little more than a year ago, that's very little time and in such little time she has had to do a lot, give her time.


    It really isn't necessary to blame Jean for Marvel's bad management
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 03-20-2019 at 07:37 PM.

  3. #378
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean and Rachel may not share much panel time but she cares for her, ignore guggenheim's trash (all gold was a mistake and that part is no exception).

    She cared a lot for Rachel on X-men red, on the annual and on a whole issue dedicated to Rachel. keep in mind that Jean came back a little more than a year ago, that's very little time and in such little time she has had to do a lot, give her time.


    It really isn't necessary to blame Jean for Marvel's bad management
    I don't like a lot about what has been written over the last couple years, but until it is corrected, it is canon. I'm hoping someone writes the Jean/Rachel relationship better in the future.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  4. #379
    Extraordinary Member spirit2011's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    You have an unhealthy obsession with that moment in time. In universe, that was over 4 years ago. In that time, Jean died, came back, died again 43 more times, came back, died, and came back. Scott died twice. Jean's younger self arrived, then died, then came back, then died, then came back, then went back to her time. During that time, Jean disavowed Rachel as her daughter twice.

    A lot has happened. The thing that stayed the same? Jean kinda being a jerk to Rachel.
    Rachel herself didnt took it lightly and Scott couldnt care less about it
    She wasnt. she took some time to see Rachel, explain how she feel about her and spend some time. and then saved her.
    Last edited by spirit2011; 03-20-2019 at 08:39 PM.

  5. #380
    Mighty Member nightw1ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,044

    Default

    Jean always gets a lot of flack for her relationship with Rachel, but I feel like the relationship was significantly better than what Rachel had with Scott. I can't even remember the last time they had a one-on-one talk.

  6. #381
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    13,895

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Jean always gets a lot of flack for her relationship with Rachel, but I feel like the relationship was significantly better than what Rachel had with Scott. I can't even remember the last time they had a one-on-one talk.
    Jean got flack bc she outright rejected Rachel upon their first meeting. She didnt handle that well at all but it was understandable and she did later tried to make up for it

    I think the last time Rachel adn Scott interacted may have been just before Schism when she returned to the X-men. I could be wrong though

  7. #382
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    Rachel herself didnt took it lightly and Scott couldnt care less about it
    She wasnt. she took some time to see Rachel, explain how she feel about her and spend some time. and then saved her.
    Are you really expecting it to be something Rachel cares in the slightest about? Since that happened:

    Bishop shot Charles in the face and tried to kill Cable and Hope.
    Namor destroyed most of Wakanda
    Scott killed Charles and declared war on SHIELD
    Wi-Fi killed Cable

    All of them were either forgiven or their crimes ignored. Compared to any of those, the affair barely registers. The only ones who still care are the Jean fans who cannot move out of that one moment in time, despite that Scott isn't even in a relationship anymore and Jean is in an entirely different one... with the guy who tried to murder her granddaughter.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  8. #383
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Are you really expecting it to be something Rachel cares in the slightest about? Since that happened:

    Bishop shot Charles in the face and tried to kill Cable and Hope.
    Namor destroyed most of Wakanda
    Scott killed Charles and declared war on SHIELD
    Wi-Fi killed Cable

    All of them were either forgiven or their crimes ignored. Compared to any of those, the affair barely registers. The only ones who still care are the Jean fans who cannot move out of that one moment in time, despite that Scott isn't even in a relationship anymore and Jean is in an entirely different one... with the guy who tried to murder her granddaughter.
    Lol, now I want a story where all the X-Men get kidnapped except Rachel, Jean, Emma, Scott, and Cable and they have to work together to rescue the X-Men. That would be truly awesome, just for all the family drama from that.

  9. #384
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,292

    Default

    Totally ignoring Alex again in the list of Summers'

  10. #385
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Lol, now I want a story where all the X-Men get kidnapped except Rachel, Jean, Emma, Scott, and Cable and they have to work together to rescue the X-Men. That would be truly awesome, just for all the family drama from that.
    Make it after AoX and throw Alex, Corsair, Lorna, and Bishop in there, with the villains being Gabriel, Tyler, Jean's sister reanimated by Madeline Pryor, and Stryfe.

    If that were a sitcom, I would watch it RELGIOUSLY.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  11. #386
    Mighty Member RachelGrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Totally ignoring Alex again in the list of Summers'
    OMG, you are right I am sorry. PsychoEFrost took care of it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Make it after AoX and throw Alex, Corsair, Lorna, and Bishop in there, with the villains being Gabriel, Tyler, Jean's sister reanimated by Madeline Pryor, and Stryfe.

    If that were a sitcom, I would watch it RELGIOUSLY.

    I am all in on this, let's do the entire extended Summer family (Scott, Alex, Jean, Corsair, Rachel, and Cable) along with Emma, Lorna, and Bishop, vs the villains.

    Oh, if we are bringing Jean's sister in as a villain, we should bring in Emma's sisters too as villains. Adrienne and Cordelia, and Madeline can reanimate Adrienne too.

  12. #387
    Astonishing Member PsychoEFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    3,456

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, you are right I am sorry. PsychoEFrost took care of it though.




    I am all in on this, let's do the entire extended Summer family (Scott, Alex, Jean, Corsair, Rachel, and Cable) along with Emma, Lorna, and Bishop, vs the villains.

    Oh, if we are bringing Jean's sister in as a villain, we should bring in Emma's sisters too as villains. Adrienne and Cordelia, and Madeline can reanimate Adrienne too.
    I was mostly just trying to keep it Grey/Summers related. Add the big ball of crazy that is the Frost clan and it's gonna get real complicated in a hurry.
    "It is the truest mark of heroism: to give your life aware that those you save will never know."

  13. #388
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    11,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    OMG, you are right I am sorry. PsychoEFrost took care of it though.




    I am all in on this, let's do the entire extended Summer family (Scott, Alex, Jean, Corsair, Rachel, and Cable) along with Emma, Lorna, and Bishop, vs the villains.

    Oh, if we are bringing Jean's sister in as a villain, we should bring in Emma's sisters too as villains. Adrienne and Cordelia, and Madeline can reanimate Adrienne too.
    Heh, it was just that Alex often gets forgotten in the list of the Summers clan was all, though Alex would probably have a few choice words for Corsair...as for Rachel I wonder how Jean will feel about her using the Summers name again instead of hers...if at all...

  14. #389
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,869

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    Jean always gets a lot of flack for her relationship with Rachel, but I feel like the relationship was significantly better than what Rachel had with Scott. I can't even remember the last time they had a one-on-one talk.
    AvsX. Rachel joined Scott because she knew that the Phoenix could be controlled. They had a talk, Scott reaffirmed that he considered her his daughter and he loved her and Rachel asked him if the Phoenix ever talked about her.

  15. #390
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Jean and Rachel may not share much panel time but she cares for her, ignore guggenheim's trash (all gold was a mistake and that part is no exception).

    She cared a lot for Rachel on X-men red, on the annual and on a whole issue dedicated to Rachel. keep in mind that Jean came back a little more than a year ago, that's very little time and in such little time she has had to do a lot, give her time.


    It really isn't necessary to blame Jean for Marvel's bad management
    I agree that we shouldn't blame the character Jean for poor editorial an writing choices. But we don't get to pick and choose what interactions we accept and the others we don't Jean showed that she cared for Rachel in Red. I still think she and Jean needed more panel time together in the Annual before Laura got added, but that's me. And in the Red issue, I wouldn't say the issue was devoted to Rachel, it was just her rescue was the focus for Jean. Again, some great Jean cares for rachel moments, as well as Rachel really is powerful that she's battling Cassie for control while others couldn't. But then there is Gold. And Extermination (issue 1 and 5). And while not adult Jean, all the times Jeen snubbed Rachel. So again, it's a balancing act.

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Jean got flack bc she outright rejected Rachel upon their first meeting. She didnt handle that well at all but it was understandable and she did later tried to make up for it

    I think the last time Rachel adn Scott interacted may have been just before Schism when she returned to the X-men. I could be wrong though
    The last time that she worked with Scott on something was during Bendis' Matthew Mallory story. After that I don't think she ever spoke to him on panel again, unless that first issue of when OML came to this reality. But well after AvX. Still, kinda pathetic though. And she was excluded from his funeral after DoX (which I'm pretty sure Cable was as well originally).

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Make it after AoX and throw Alex, Corsair, Lorna, and Bishop in there, with the villains being Gabriel, Tyler, Jean's sister reanimated by Madeline Pryor, and Stryfe.

    If that were a sitcom, I would watch it RELGIOUSLY.
    "Like Summers through the hourglass, so are the Greys of our Lives". It would be an amazing soap opera. I can see Deirdre Hall (Marlena) playing Jean Grey and Madelyne Pryor, the Phoenix Force possessing Jean like Satan possessed Marlena lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Heh, it was just that Alex often gets forgotten in the list of the Summers clan was all, though Alex would probably have a few choice words for Corsair...as for Rachel I wonder how Jean will feel about her using the Summers name again instead of hers...if at all...
    I have also found it very interesting that Corsair has never really interacted with Rachel. They had plenty of opportunities during the Starjammers/Excalibur crossover in the 90's, and then again during RAFOTSE. But nothing. No acknowledgement. At least Alex and Rachel have had opportunities to connect and bond.

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    AvsX. Rachel joined Scott because she knew that the Phoenix could be controlled. They had a talk, Scott reaffirmed that he considered her his daughter and he loved her and Rachel asked him if the Phoenix ever talked about her.
    Yes, and after that we got one sentence between them in BotA, and again in the Matthew Mallory story. Then Secret Wars happened, and when everything came back online Scott was dead and Rachel was gone helping mutants in London. Next Scott-Rachel scene was Tyke and Rachel in the Mojo crossover. And it was great to see that interaction because, once again, the writers chose to make Jeen ignore and avoid Rachel.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •