Page 3 of 148 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I honestly don't know that I expect her to appear in issue 3 (the first Ahab issue in X-Force), and I don't know how much of a role she'll play. Looking solely on her performance and panelage in Extermination as a hound, she literally appeared in 4 panels in the last 3 issues: 1 standing in the shadow behind Ahab in #3, one floating in the background when Ahab attacks Searebro in #4, one where she is actually using her powers against Jean in #5, and then her distance shot with Ahab teleporting in #5. She had no lines after she was impaled with the harpoon back in issue 2. Almost every other X-Man turned hound had dialogue. Granted it might have been the same thing but still, nothing from her...his most favorite and vicious hound.

I think they are going to keep her as a hound for a long time, as it seems that regressive treatment is what the editors and writers want. It's sad that when people are commenting on her status now they say things like, "and has fulfilled her journey as becoming the thing she was always meant to be: a hound." It's like saying, yeah this assault survivor has had an interesting life but they are back to being beaten in a relationship so they fulfilled their life's journey....

So yeah, she might show up. But I don't agree fully with Rachel going with Ahab was the sole reason Wi-Fi cares. As the new time peacekeeper he has a vested interest in preventing Ahab from gathering power and mucking up the timeline. Rachel is the decorative flower on the cake added last minute.

The only good thing about this nonsense is that Burnett drawing the Hound suit could look cool.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The only good thing about this nonsense is that Burnett drawing the Hound suit could look cool.
    But will she be in a hound suit? My thoughts would be he could make her "captain" of the hounds and she retains either her aweful Prestige costume or she is in something else. I loathe to see her in a full hound outfit again unless drawn by Lashley.

If “factory setting reboot” holds true then yes: hound suit, face full of scars, and shaved head.

What I’m wondering about is Ahabs threat after and if Rachel is liberated. His whole thing is the Hound program. With the albino twins freed, he’s down to one working Hound. If the point is to make him a sustainable villain, it means either Rachel remains a Hound indefinitely, or she makes it possible for him to infect and “Hound-ify” mutants himself.

Were Rachel to track down and telepathically force Trinary to engineer a new sentinel Nannite, THAT might be a good way to make Hound-ification a legit and ongoing threat to all mutants.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 01-10-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    If “factory setting reboot” holds true then yes: hound suit, face full of scars, and shaved head.

What I’m wondering about is Ahabs threat after and if Rachel is liberated. His whole thing is the Hound program. With the albino twins freed, he’s down to one working Hound. If the point is to make him a sustainable villain, it means either Rachel remains a Hound indefinitely, or she makes it possible for him to infect and “Hound-ify” mutants himself.

Were Rachel to track down and telepathically force Trinary to engineer a new sentinel Nannite, THAT might be a good way to make Hound-ification a legit and ongoing threat to all mutants.
    I don't think anyone has confirmed she's been brought back to her 14 yr old (as that was the last time that she was officially his hound before she broke free and maimed him) setting by Marvel, it's just speculation by readers here. In fact, no one from Marvel has said anything about her other than 'Her story will continue, check out X-Force'. Shaving her head when many of his other hounds pictured weren't shaved is overly regressive in my opinion and only further bolsters the idea this is happening to her solely because Jean is back and Hope is returning so they need to again denigrate Rachel not to confuse readers as god forbid people can't tell them apart.

I think outside of Rachel he has two other hounds (per the image of him leaving in 5). Also Ahab has some ability to restart the hound program in the present given his advanced knowledge with technology without Rachel being a conduit. All conditioning prior to the French kids was done through technological and experimental means (as seen in Rachel's memories and the hounding of Cyclops and Sue Storm). It would require a new way of reverting hounds as Jean's solution was specific to the programming that the kids did. So provided he changes the means of conditioning he does not require the means of a hound or Rachel to do it. It could mean that Rachel is his head tracker and determines which mutants to hound and submit to the cause. And screw Trinary, Forge would be just as detrimental to making a nannite if he infused some of his magic into it as well, as means of a barrier to Trinary's control.

Ultimate Member

Sounds more like she'll be a villain for the duration of X-Force to then suddenly be freed and not be angry that the X-Men didn't seem to try very hard at all to rescue her and Jean seemed to have cared less about what happened to her so it just appears odd to me...and Rachel deserves better...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Sounds more like she'll be a villain for the duration of X-Force to then suddenly be freed and not be angry that the X-Men didn't seem to try very hard at all to rescue her and Jean seemed to have cared less about what happened to her so it just appears odd to me...and Rachel deserves better...
    Would anyone blame her in the comics if she was pissed, no? But it's not in her character at all. To keep her as a villain would essentially make her the new Maddy Pryor. Instead of scorned mother/wife she would be the scorned sister/daughter and it would be horrific. Also, I don't think White would allow it to happen but I'm not in charge of the direction of the line sadly.

But what if she joins Emma? Imagine: she gets angry to Kitty, Jean and the X-men because they care "just when they need help" (in her mind) and after all what happened to her these last years, she decided that be a hero is not for her and even if she likes it or not, her "hound persona" will always be with her. So she drop the "prestige" idea, start to "hunting down" people who experiment on mutants/humans or who is in the human/mutant trade, and be more aggressive (killing/torturing) . Like, more extreme with the bad guys. And in the end, Emma reach her: even if they never went along, she still a powerful mutant that has some powers who can help her prevent dofp-like sceneries. And since Rachel doesn't want to live her nightmare again, she start to refine her tracking abilities and combine them with her chrono powers in order to jump between different timelines (like she did back in the day when she use her astral form but instead of her 811 past, reached 616's) pasts or futures, and trying to save the day.
    I know is messed up, but.. idk.
    Last edited by martybarnes; 01-10-2019 at 04:26 PM.
    Friendly reminder that Nathan Summers and Rachel Grey Summers care about each other

Kitty: "We need to buy ourselves a little time to figure this out. We need alibis."
    Rachel: "Leading a rebellion in outer space? Being held prisoner by the hand in Madripoor? Judging a Wolverine cosplay contest in Japan?"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Would anyone blame her in the comics if she was pissed, no? But it's not in her character at all. To keep her as a villain would essentially make her the new Maddy Pryor. Instead of scorned mother/wife she would be the scorned sister/daughter and it would be horrific. Also, I don't think White would allow it to happen but I'm not in charge of the direction of the line sadly.
    I wasn't wanting to keep her as a villain just saying that she would have reasons to be angry/hate Jean and the other X-Men for not even trying to rescue her or even seem that bothered at all that she was taken in the first place...and Rachel so far does work as the scorned daughter that current Jean doesn't seem to want or care much of anything about...as for White he's already changing characters to fit a certain view on things like making Magneto a baddie again so who knows what he'd do with Rachel...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I don't think anyone has confirmed she's been brought back to her 14 yr old (as that was the last time that she was officially his hound before she broke free and maimed him) setting by Marvel, it's just speculation by readers here. In fact, no one from Marvel has said anything about her other than 'Her story will continue, check out X-Force'. Shaving her head when many of his other hounds pictured weren't shaved is overly regressive in my opinion and only further bolsters the idea this is happening to her solely because Jean is back and Hope is returning so they need to again denigrate Rachel not to confuse readers as god forbid people can't tell them apart.
    And I'll sit here questioning why Ahab decided making fetish gear for Rachel was a better use of time than rebuilding a time machine if he stuffs her in BDSM gear. Dude, get some priorities. BDSM fetish gear should not be at the top of that list.

Ultimate Member

I am almost beginning to wonder if Rachel will be freed from Ahab's control but her mind would be seriously messed up and she wouldn't know reality from her memories and such and then someone or a group would have to stop her long enough to help her, though with Marvel as it is now would probably then just lock her up until they were ready to remember that she existed...

Incredible Member

I think they would manage to remove the hound programming but erase her memories in process. This way someone like Emma or Selene can capture her and use her for their own ends and make her a villain with added drama effect

Ultimate Member

Which would probably then take every memory of how Jean's treated her recently so then that would be out of the picture and wouldn't make Jean look bad...

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Which would probably then take every memory of how Jean's treated her recently so then that would be out of the picture and wouldn't make Jean look bad...
    I am pretty sure Marvel would try their best to not make Jean look bad especially in context of Rachel with whom Marvel is doing their best to make her look as bad as possible.

I still am holding out that Blaquesmith is going to come along and help salvage her. That scenario has as much a chance happening as her 'family' caring she's missing.

Any who, it looks like we're all chatting about the ways that she could be used in the future. I like the idea of her working with Emma and the HFC. While she would likely be resentful at first, she does respect Emma as a fellow telepath and I think them working together would be wonderful. Rachel could serve as the mutant saver - going in a saving mutants in peril from attacks and bringing them back to a new HFC school. It would also be a great FU to the X-Men and Kitty & co.

I don't see her ever working with Selene unless she was pawned off as a slave or was full evil. And even still she'd likely kill Selene anyways.

Also I think she would do wonders to go up to Asteroid M and work with Magneto (when he's released from the horrors of this Disassembled event). While they have had a difference of opinion on things recently, their shared trauma of genocide and the abandonment by the X-Men would make her a willing partner. He needs another powerful psychic and experienced teacher up there with the new mutants.