Page 31 of 148 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181131 ... LastLast
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Rachel appeared as phoenix on the Brooks cover, i wonder if it means something

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Not just that, she is in gold Phoenix mode, the same version she had after she returned from killing Necrom. That almost indicates that she isn't just back as Phoenix, she is embracing it completely too.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    She is the best host for the Phoenix, especially after Jean told the bird to f-off. I'm pumped for that. Especially if it means Jason Aaron can stop whatever it is he's doing with that poor traumatized avian.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Not just that, she is in gold Phoenix mode, the same version she had after she returned from killing Necrom. That almost indicates that she isn't just back as Phoenix, she is embracing it completely too.
    the only detail out of place is the hound marking, rachel got rid of it at the time but maybe they kept it to make her more recognizable?
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    She is the best host for the Phoenix, especially after Jean told the bird to f-off. I'm pumped for that. Especially if it means Jason Aaron can stop whatever it is he's doing with that poor traumatized avian.
    Yeah it will be a nice change of pace for Phoenix to be a hero again. Although, it's still possible that Rachel isn't "the Phoenix" but rather the daughter of the Phoenix instead. I am still curious if they are going to go in that direction where she is becoming a Phoenix in her own right separate from the "mother Phoenix". Maybe that would complicate things too much, but it would finally let them finish off the concept of her being Starchild.

20190324_092444.jpg

A very good week for us I personally am very excited!!!

I hope the covers aren't misleading. It's about time the X-books reclaimed the phoenix from Aaron.

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    20190324_092444.jpg

A very good week for us I personally am very excited!!!
    I just realized they are really doing Rachel's Phoenix resurrection colour scheme after she had all her memories fully restored after the battle with Necrom and the Phoenix' battle with Galactus.
    RachelSummerPhoenix.jpg

I just realized they are really doing Rachel's Phoenix resurrection colour scheme after she had all her memories fully restored after the battle with Necrom and the Phoenix' battle with Galactus.
    RachelSummerPhoenix.jpg
    yhea as I wrote in my previous comment they Just kept the hound markings even though she got rid of them at the time thanks to her "rebirth" after the fight with necrom
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    yhea as I wrote in my previous comment they Just kept the hound markings even though she got rid of them at the time thanks to her "rebirth" after the fight with necrom
    I'm really interested to see what happens under Hickman. That Brooks artwork seems to have X-Men of all points in their careers. This version of Rachel (or the post Necrom) was her strongest incarnation where she was freed from Ahab and Mojo's programming, and was in full control of the PF as its consciousness went mute to avoid stealing lives from the yet-to-be-born. Maybe I was wrong and Rachel is getting the PF back. Perhaps in the future where she and Stryfe are it comes to her seeking a host that will help redeem it for all of its mistakes since AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'm really interested to see what happens under Hickman. That Brooks artwork seems to have X-Men of all points in their careers. This version of Rachel (or the post Necrom) was her strongest incarnation where she was freed from Ahab and Mojo's programming, and was in full control of the PF as its consciousness went mute to avoid stealing lives from the yet-to-be-born. Maybe I was wrong and Rachel is getting the PF back. Perhaps in the future where she and Stryfe are it comes to her seeking a host that will help redeem it for all of its mistakes since AvX.
    I'm praying to Mother Askani that's the case, Rachel and Phoenix are a match made in heaven

this is one of my favorite issues ever :

rachel3c.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I'm praying to Mother Askani that's the case, Rachel and Phoenix are a match made in heaven
    I like that they are going with her most powerful and balanced incarnation. It should be interesting. I am curious what the Avengers will do with the return of the Phoenix.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I like that they are going with her most powerful and balanced incarnation. It should be interesting. I am curious what the Avengers will do with the return of the Phoenix.
    Hopefully it will remove the stain on the Phoenix host history known as SamoWolverinex. Thanks for that gem Aaron....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Hopefully it will remove the stain on the Phoenix host history known as SamoWolverinex. Thanks for that gem Aaron....
    What's your thought on P5?