Page 32 of 148 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282132 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What's your thought on P5?
    I didn't like the idea of the Phoenix being split into 5 individuals from that terrible WatXM cartoon. I don't know how anyone thought it would be a good idea to do it in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    What's your thought on P5?
    P5 was a series of massive contrivances and plot errors, and I LIKE the event.

The Phoenix clearly scanned the Earth when it got hit by Iron Man's death ray. It universally prefers empaths, usually telepaths. Feron, Jean, Rachel, Emma, Cuckoos, etc. So why did it go to two of the least empathic people possible (Magik and Namor)? Because reasons.

Emma makes sense. She's been a host before twice. Scott makes sense. Jean is the WPotC. Piotr kinda makes sense. He's the most empathic person on the X-Men who isn't a straight empath. But Magik and Namor? Fuck no.

Obviously that's just one of the giant clusterfuck of mistakes the event made, but that's par for the course when crossovers happen.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I didn't like the idea of the Phoenix being split into 5 individuals from that terrible WatXM cartoon. I don't know how anyone thought it would be a good idea to do it in the comics.
    Say what you want, at least that idea has SOME concept behind it. It's not actually that different from Warsong.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Say what you want, at least that idea has SOME concept behind it. It's not actually that different from Warsong.
    I am just glad the Phoenix has come home where it belongs with Rachel Summers. I am hoping though that they explore Rachel's relationship to the Phoenix in some way, maybe they will do that in House of X and Powers of X, explore why the Phoenix has returned to Rachel, and explore why everyone calls Rachel Starchild, does it mean she is the daughter of the Phoenix in some way.

I kind of want Rachel to come back to the present day and be upset that they let Ahab take her without trying to stop him. For once it would be nice to see Jean and Scott have to work a little to earn Rachel's trust. The ultimate stick it to her parents would be if she returns to the present day and goes to Emma for advice, now that would be funny.

Mighty Member

And yet none of the five idiots with the Phoenix fractions decided to go, I don't know, restore the mutant race. Seriously, when you sit on the floor going on an angst fest since M-Day about mutant extinction, I expected that to be the first thing on your mind, not forging a utopia, when it comes to great power.

And yet none of the five idiots with the Phoenix fractions decided to go, I don't know, restore the mutant race. Seriously, when you sit on the floor going on an angst fest since M-Day about mutant extinction, I expected that to be the first thing on your mind, not forging a utopia, when it comes to great power.
    They lacked the power to do so. The Phoenix's energy isn't compatible with Chaos magic, which is what caused the Curse of M in the first place. The only way to undo the curse was Hope, since her mutant ability allowed her to use Wanda's Chaos magic and wield the Phoenix at the same time. She was literally born to do that.

But the Cuckoos using the Phoenix in WatXM had precedence since the Cuckoos were built to contain it by John Sublime in Warsong.

Mighty Member

The only way to undo the curse was Hope, since her mutant ability allowed her to use Wanda's Chaos magic and wield the Phoenix at the same time.
    If only they had a mutant witch who could help them on the Phoenix 5. Oh wait...

If only they had a mutant witch who could help them on the Phoenix 5. Oh wait...
    Magik can't use Chaos magic. She hadn't been fully trained as a sorceress yet.

Hope was literally the only person who could end the curse, but Scott didn't trust her with the Phoenix after she freaked out on the moon. By the time she was ready, the P5 was too far gone in their own designs.

Im not sure Rachel will be involved. I mean she was in promotional art for Disassembled and didnt show up

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im not sure Rachel will be involved. I mean she was in promotional art for Disassembled and didnt show up
    every character in the picture is there for a reason, so they told us
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    every character in the picture is there for a reason, so they told us
    Doesnt mean they'll be used in a significant capacity. Im still not convinced that Rachel isnt going away in X-Force. I think a past version or AR version of her may appear but the current Rachel wont be

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Doesnt mean they'll be used in a significant capacity. Im still not convinced that Rachel isnt going away in X-Force. I think a past version or AR version of her may appear but the current Rachel wont be
    well the same can be said for every character in that picture.... but we wish for them to use her
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Hickman will have Rachel recognize that the PF is garbage so she can find Bill and harness the Lobster Force. With it, she shall create mutant Nirvana.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman will have Rachel recognize that the PF is garbage so she can find Bill and harness the Lobster Force. With it, she shall create mutant Nirvana.
    The Phoenix Force it's like a good perfume, it wont work on stinky characters, rachel on the other hand was born for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    The Phoenix Force it's like a good perfume, it wont work on stinky characters, rachel on the other hand was born for it.
    Strong disagree. Rachel, despite the strength and fun of her time with Excalibur, would have been a stronger character concept had she not been host of the Phoenix, but exhibited Phoenix-like psychic powers... leading to even more paranoia amongst the traumatized X-Men, and the development of her own brand kit of unique signatures.

Loathe as I am to Claremont's wildly imaginative interpretations of telekinesis, if Rachel's telekinesis expressed itself in tandem with pyrokinesis, or was far stronger when she was angry (hulk), she'd have a unique niche among the crowd of female psychics at Xavier's. I've even suggested that her mutant-tracking ability that made her an ideal Hound be boosted to mutation-enhancing, or mutation-dampening, like Avatar:LOK's removal-of-bending trick.