Page 34 of 148 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484134 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    No, I mean that they knew the Phoenix was coming for Hope, and Scott was training her solo to be prepared for it. But didn't reach out to Rachel to assist at the start of things. Rachel was only reached out AFTER so she could be the mole. She was purposely ignored to make the plot "work". Again, if you know this entity is coming to Earth and you have concerns or think someone needs to be trained on how to host it, YOU MIGHT WANT TO ASK THE MOST EXPERIENCED HOST THAT IS YOUR DAUGHTER/COLLEAGUE. Instead Spider-Man seemingly gave her the best training with buckets of water.
    I thought Rachel made it clear before the start of AvX that she wasn't going to be on Utopia because she was still pissed at Scott being with Emma?

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I thought Rachel made it clear before the start of AvX that she wasn't going to be on Utopia because she was still pissed at Scott being with Emma?
    I thought Emma and Rachel worked things out before she went to Shi'ar space. After the Hong Kong trip Rachel agreed to let Emma train her, and then Emma and Scott introduced Rachel to her grandparents. I know when Age of X ended the Revenant Rachel said she was trying to reach back to Earth for help from either Charles or Emma whomever could respond to her distress call. When she was sending the distress to Earth she got trapped in the pull when Legion/Moira created the Age of X.

I could never find anything on panel after that indicated animosity between Rachel and Emma. It's possible I missed something though.

Incredible Member

Pretty sure it was because she had no idea what was going on and just went with what she knew(Xavier's school in this case) and what she was more sure about.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I thought Emma and Rachel worked things out before she went to Shi'ar space. After the Hong Kong trip Rachel agreed to let Emma train her, and then Emma and Scott introduced Rachel to her grandparents. I know when Age of X ended the Revenant Rachel said she was trying to reach back to Earth for help from either Charles or Emma whomever could respond to her distress call. When she was sending the distress to Earth she got trapped in the pull when Legion/Moira created the Age of X.

I could never find anything on panel after that indicated animosity between Rachel and Emma. It's possible I missed something though.
    With that in mind, Scott not contacting Rachel in the days leading to AvX makes some sense: Jean is the leading expert on the Phoenix, Rachel is second. But third and fourth are Emma and Scott. They understand for the most part what to do, and they were doing a good job training Hope, if being a tad aggressive.

Wolverine had a reason not to contact her as well: she would contradict his narrative that the Phoenix is an unstoppable killing force with no redeeming qualities, and that Scott just wanted to use it to bring Jean back to life.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

With that in mind, Scott not contacting Rachel in the days leading to AvX makes some sense: Jean is the leading expert on the Phoenix, Rachel is second. But third and fourth are Emma and Scott. They understand for the most part what to do, and they were doing a good job training Hope, if being a tad aggressive.

Wolverine had a reason not to contact her as well: she would contradict his narrative that the Phoenix is an unstoppable killing force with no redeeming qualities, and that Scott just wanted to use it to bring Jean back to life.
    I disagree with you. There is no real reason that Rachel should not have been consulted about any training for the Phoenix. Emma's experience was fleeting at most. Quentin and the Cuckoos were more experienced at hosting than Emma. And Scott only knew second hand info from Jean. So again, there was no real reason for them nor to reach out to Rachel (especially when she was living in Utopia before going to the school) to at least even meet with Hope. God, THEY STILL HAVEN'T MET ON PANEL. It's mind blowing the idiocy that was inked to force the plot of Avx.

Rachel was a Phoenix host just a few months before it came to earth. Made no sense why they didnt even contact her to find out if she had any intel on what it had in mind

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Rachel was a Phoenix host just a few months before it came to earth. Made no sense why they didnt even contact her to find out if she had any intel on what it had in mind
    lol, that's the writers who keep forgetting that Rachel wasn't just a Phoenix host, but she loved being a Phoenix host too. For Rachel it was always a positive experience. Of course that goes back to my theory that the Phoenix sort of sees Rachel like a daughter and doesn't push Rachel or try to control Rachel the way it does other hosts.

Fantastic Member

regardless, no more phoenix for rachel please. i just don't want her tied to all the space stuff. it takes her off the board much too often. keep her grounded on earth to deal with x-men problems.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    regardless, no more phoenix for rachel please. i just don't want her tied to all the space stuff. it takes her off the board much too often. keep her grounded on earth to deal with x-men problems.
    Lol.You clearly missed the new promo art.

Writers preferred hide Rachel's historic with Phoenix so Wolverine and the Avengers wouldn't look hypocritical stupid assholes that they were in AvX.

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    its promo art and not an indication for her future. I doubt that everyone in that will suddenly be pulled from different eras of X-men past those minis

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by AHRNIHAL View Post
    Yeah that promo art doesn’t actually tell you anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Yeah that promo art doesn’t actually tell you anything.
    There's a reason for it's called a promo art.It tells you something.

Ultimate Member

And the ones behind that art have said that everything in said art has meaning and isn't done just for looks or for show...

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    And the ones behind that art have said that everything in said art has meaning and isn't done just for looks or for show...
    Have they confirmed that everyone in the artwork is actively present in these new books?