Page 35 of 148 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Every character meaning something could just boil down to them being in a key flashback or something.

We don't really know jack, Jack.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Every character meaning something could just boil down to them being in a key flashback or something.

We don't really know jack, Jack.
    Ditto. This isn’t going to be the new status quo for the characters

Rachel didn't appear in X-Force #5, but a lot of the elements of her being Mother Askani were present, they referenced the "Bright Lady" which is Mother Askani Rachel, and Slym and Red as the people who raised Nathan. It appears that the Askani timeline is intact and that Nathan is trying to preserve it. Obviously once he came back and knew who is parents were, he also found out his sister was Mother Askani, probably from Cable's computers in the present day.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that Rachel doesn't have to go be Mother Askani again, to me that story was told when she was time lost and I really don't want to see her character have to repeat that same timeline when she did it already the last time she was lost in time. I really want Rachel to come back to the present day as a regular ongoing character again, hopefully they bring her back.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Finally someone answered
    Thanks!
    It took me a while to find this, while it was on wolverine and the x-men, the correct issue is #12

Incredible Member

It took me a while to find this, while it was on wolverine and the x-men, the correct issue is #12
    I don't think Rachel has been shown this confident since then.

rachel1.jpg
    rachel2.jpg
    rachel3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    I don't think Rachel has been shown this confident since then.

rachel1.jpg
    rachel2.jpg
    rachel3.jpg
    Yeah, i read the whole run these days and Rachel was so good in there in comparisson to where she is now.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, i read the whole run these days and Rachel was so good in there in comparisson to where she is now.
    its great but my gripe is that Rachel doesn't seem to care that Hope is Cable's daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    its great but my gripe is that Rachel doesn't seem to care that Hope is Cable's daughter.
    Marvel in general doesn't seem to care about family relationships

Marvel does; they just dont care much about Rachel's relationships. Im pretty sure Hope got to interact with every other Summers/Grey, (even Nate) but Rachel was ignored

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel does; they just dont care much about Rachel's relationships. Im pretty sure Hope got to interact with every other Summers/Grey, (even Nate) but Rachel was ignored
    Hopefully that changes this fall, I really want some Rachel, Cable, Scott, and Jean interactions. Lol, I still want a "Summers/Grey Family" comic for the fall, Scott and Jean head out on adventure with their kids Rachel and Nathan (Cable).

Fantastic Member

to be fair, I wouldn't care for Hope either lol

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cerridwen View Post
    As Rachel was a HUGE plothole for the contrived plot that was AvX. THey had gone to great lengths to distance Rachel and the Phoenix, so having her interact with Hope prior or during AvX would have been an issue with the whole "The Phoenix has always been a corrupting and destructive force" that was shoved down our throats. And given that Hope is time traveling red-headed host to the Phoenix Force, you might see a comparison to the two. I think the closest we got was Hope interacting with the Rachel exhibit in San Fran where someone asked if they looked alike and Transonic was like "not all red-heads look alike".

But I see your gripe, and raise you I have issue that Hope never sought her council about being a host or being her aunt, nevermind Scott deliberately kept Rachel away from Hope.

Yes, but specifically Marvel doesn't care about Rachel's family relationships unless it provides a moment in the story (see Rachel's moment with dead Nathan).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yes, she did. In fact, she got to interact and speak with Nate Grey a few times during the Utopia era. Rachel still has yet to speak or interact with EITHER on panel. Although I don't think she interacted with Alex (unless I'm forgetting something)

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    As Rachel was a HUGE plothole for the contrived plot that was AvX. THey had gone to great lengths to distance Rachel and the Phoenix, so having her interact with Hope prior or during AvX would have been an issue with the whole "The Phoenix has always been a corrupting and destructive force" that was shoved down our throats. And given that Hope is time traveling red-headed host to the Phoenix Force, you might see a comparison to the two. I think the closest we got was Hope interacting with the Rachel exhibit in San Fran where someone asked if they looked alike and Transonic was like "not all red-heads look alike".

But I see your gripe, and raise you I have issue that Hope never sought her council about being a host or being her aunt, nevermind Scott deliberately kept Rachel away from Hope.

Yes, but specifically Marvel doesn't care about Rachel's family relationships unless it provides a moment in the story (see Rachel's moment with dead Nathan).

Yes, she did. In fact, she got to interact and speak with Nate Grey a few times during the Utopia era. Rachel still has yet to speak or interact with EITHER on panel. Although I don't think she interacted with Alex (unless I'm forgetting something)
    I believe Hope interacted with Alex in Cable and XForce

Incredible Member

What ticks me off is Rachel always seem to get the short straw in the Summers-Grey family interaction because of reasons. Cable and Nate get a lot of interaction with Jean but neither are really Jean's child (Cable from a Jean clone and Nate test tube baby from alternate reality) similar to Rachel. Then we have Hope who Cable adopted but isn't supposed to be a true Grey or Summers but shown to be considered more "family" than Rachel. To make matters worse, Rachel's skills and power-levels have been on a reduced to amateur levels. From the most powerful telepath in the Xavier School and even a so called "power up" in Gold. She simply ended with her manipulated by Mesmero. Now she is back with her "hound" trauma when she already moved on from it during her Excalibur run.

As for the Phoenix connection, it's now been commoditized - Quentin, Odin, Thor, Wolverine and Iron Fist all now have Phoenix roots while previously, Death told Jean the Phoenix was her and her children's birthright.

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    What ticks me off is Rachel always seem to get the short straw in the Summers-Grey family interaction because of reasons. Cable and Nate get a lot of interaction with Jean but neither are really Jean's child (Cable from a Jean clone and Nate test tube baby from alternate reality) similar to Rachel. Then we have Hope who Cable adopted but isn't supposed to be a true Grey or Summers but shown to be considered more "family" than Rachel. To make matters worse, Rachel's skills and power-levels have been on a reduced to amateur levels. From the most powerful telepath in the Xavier School and even a so called "power up" in Gold. She simply ended with her manipulated by Mesmero. Now she is back with her "hound" trauma when she already moved on from it during her Excalibur run.

As for the Phoenix connection, it's now been commoditized - Quentin, Odin, Thor, Wolverine and Iron Fist all now have Phoenix roots while previously, Death told Jean the Phoenix was her and her children's birthright.
    Unfortunately writers don't seem to go with Claremont's intention or desire for the Phoenix to be intimately tied to Jean and Rachel. They like the version of it as some cosmic trickster that likes to use and abuse people apparently. Though in the latest X-men Monday JDW seemed to acknowledge how differently the Phoenix is used - sometimes it is destructive, other times it is not, sometimes it just amps a host and other times it possesses/affects a host. I like the idea of the Phoenix just amping what is already there (showing what happens to a person when they reach that level of power).

At any rate, I'd rather see the Phoenix with Jean and Rachel than any other character. Recall in Phoenix Endsong when it was said only an omega level telepath could host the Phoenix? How far have we fallen since that. Oh well, but at least we have X-men Dark Phoenix movie and hints that Rachel may get the Phoenix (though I'm convinced it is just her iconic imagery that they are playing homage).