Page 36 of 148 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    Unfortunately writers don't seem to go with Claremont's intention or desire for the Phoenix to be intimately tied to Jean and Rachel. They like the version of it as some cosmic trickster that likes to use and abuse people apparently. Though in the latest X-men Monday JDW seemed to acknowledge how differently the Phoenix is used - sometimes it is destructive, other times it is not, sometimes it just amps a host and other times it possesses/affects a host. I like the idea of the Phoenix just amping what is already there (showing what happens to a person when they reach that level of power).

At any rate, I'd rather see the Phoenix with Jean and Rachel than any other character. Recall in Phoenix Endsong when it was said only an omega level telepath could host the Phoenix? How far have we fallen since that. Oh well, but at least we have X-men Dark Phoenix movie and hints that Rachel may get the Phoenix (though I'm convinced it is just her iconic imagery that they are playing homage).
    JDW wanted put the blame on Scott. That's it.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Marvel does; they just dont care much about Rachel's relationships. Im pretty sure Hope got to interact with every other Summers/Grey, (even Nate) but Rachel was ignored
    Maybe. But keep in mind (i know it sounds obvious) that those relationships are part of other characters too, relationships are a two way street.
    for example:
    -when marvel doesn't let Rachel and Cyclops interact. they aren't just blocking rachel for a paternal relationship with him but cyclops from acting like a dad.
    -another example would be the relationship between logan and laura. he interacts way more with jubilee and kitty than with his daughter.

so while what you say is true. i mantain that marvel doesn't care much about familial relationships on the x-men. Only cancerous love drama

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Maybe. But keep in mind (i know it sounds obvious) that those relationships are part of other characters too, relationships are a two way street.
    for example:
    when marvel doesn't let Rachel and Cyclops interact. they aren't just blocking rachel for a paternal relationship with him but cyclops from acting like a dad.
    so while what you say is true. i mantain that marvel doesn't care much about familial relationships on the x-men.
    I wonder if that might change a little with the relaunch, it's interesting that Cable, Rachel, Jean, and Scott are all in the teaser image. Not together perhaps, but Rachel and Cable are definitely present. I am going to let myself hope a tiny bit that they will remember that Rachel and Cable are Scott and Jean's children when the books relaunch in September and let them be part of each other's lives.

Ultimate Member

Well Jean would have a lot to answer for if they do...

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    for example:
    -when marvel doesn't let Rachel and Cyclops interact. they aren't just blocking rachel for a paternal relationship with him but cyclops from acting like a dad.
    -another example would be the relationship between logan and laura. he interacts way more with jubilee and kitty than with his daughter.

so while what you say is true. i mantain that marvel doesn't care much about familial relationships on the x-men. Only cancerous love drama
    Cyclops still has another kid whom he interacts with and as the center of the Summers family, he interacts with everyone. Rachel has always been an outsider and rarely gets to sit at the table

Wolverine's been dead for years. He was interacting with Laura quite a bit before he died. Since he's been back he hasnt had a proper reunion with any of those characters

Cyclops still has another kid whom he interacts with and as the center of the Summers family, he interacts with everyone. Rachel has always been an outsider and rarely gets to sit at the table

Wolverine's been dead for years. He was interacting with Laura quite a bit before he died. Since he's been back he hasnt had a proper reunion with any of those characters
    Eh, almost all of Laura's time with Logan is shown in off-panel flashbacks during her series. For all the comic time he uses, she was rarely a part of it with him.

What other kid?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    What other kid?
    Cable. I guess

Flashback After Exterminio 5

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Flashback After Exterminio 5

What comic book is?

Quote Originally Posted by askani_son View Post
    What comic book is?
    x-force next issue
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

6 weeks went by and no one looked for Rachel?

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

6 weeks went by and no one looked for Rachel?
    Well SUPPOSEDLY Wi-Fi has been looking for her amongst also bringing Cyclops back.......but no one else attempted. They just moved on. So its seems that EVERY X-Men, I'm looking at you the most Jean, decided that the parting words "I'll make this right" by a murdering teenager who might be a younger version of the person he murdered was good enough that everyone could shrug their shoulders and be all "I guess she'll be fine". Whenever anyone ever brings ups how loving and supportive the X-Men are to their own, I will continually bring this up. It is a stain the writers have put on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Well SUPPOSEDLY Wi-Fi has been looking for her amongst also bringing Cyclops back.......but no one else attempted. They just moved on. So its seems that EVERY X-Men, I'm looking at you the most Jean, decided that the parting words "I'll make this right" by a murdering teenager who might be a younger version of the person he murdered was good enough that everyone could shrug their shoulders and be all "I guess she'll be fine". Whenever anyone ever brings ups how loving and supportive the X-Men are to their own, I will continually bring this up. It is a stain the writers have put on them.
    Exactly this!!! Especially Nightcrawler!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I just remembered, as per the UXM Annual, the X-men "died" in Disassembled a week after Extermination, so they only would have had a few days and I guess they were preocuppied with the stuff Nate was doing around the world. The Holiday issue and Exterminated issue however showed that there was some down time and Rachel wasnt brought up in either. This 6 weeks later refers to a post-Diassembled world where only Cyclop's team and X-Force exist
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-05-2019 at 12:29 PM.