Page 41 of 148 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

I saw she wasn't in the X-Men Monday X-Force image. I hope that doesn't mean they are writing her out. Although the members of X-Force seem to be heading into a portal in the image or some kind of intense bright light. I really hope that Rachel survives all of this and reappears in the fall. I am starting to think her appearance in HoX/PoX may just be a remembrance that she was Mother Askani when they examine X-book events of the past few decades.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    he is the editor, who else is supposed to decide how these character act? I never saw the x-men using the toilette does it mean they don't ?
    The current editor ask the questioner "why would you think she didn't try?", and the answer is, for me, because it wasn't on panel and it should have been. The previous editor and writer allowed for this plot to be left dangling at the end of an event which wasn't designed necessarily for it to be open ended. So when she goes missing and no one ever mentions her name again in any of issues before the start of Disassembled (hell they could have said it in the beginning of Disassembled and it would have quelled this thought chain) so it seems like everyone moved on.

So unlike someone using a restroom to relieve themselves of a natural body process that most people do, someone taking the time and initiative to search for a missing teammate or say they were looking should be on panel because there is no presumption of occurrence otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The current editor ask the questioner "why would you think she didn't try?", and the answer is, for me, because it wasn't on panel and it should have been. The previous editor and writer allowed for this plot to be left dangling at the end of an event which wasn't designed necessarily for it to be open ended. So when she goes missing and no one ever mentions her name again in any of issues before the start of Disassembled (hell they could have said it in the beginning of Disassembled and it would have quelled this thought chain) so it seems like everyone moved on.

So unlike someone using a restroom to relieve themselves of a natural body process that most people do, someone taking the time and initiative to search for a missing teammate or say they were looking should be on panel because there is no presumption of occurrence otherwise.
    Jordan d white was already the editor of the x-offices, it's been the x-men editor for more than a year now
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Jordan d white was already the editor of the x-offices, it's been the x-men editor for more than a year now
    Jordan White was not the editor in charge of Extermination. That plot and book fell at the end of the previous editor. Disassembled was the beginning of White's reign over the X-Office.

Jordan White was not the editor in charge of Extermination. That plot and book fell at the end of the previous editor. Disassembled was the beginning of White's reign over the X-Office.
    He is credited in the comic in question, but you are free to assume whatever suit you. I'm just happy that question was adressed.

edit.jpg
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member

he is the editor, who else is supposed to decide how these character act? I never saw the x-men using the toilette does it mean they don't ?
    It is not an unreasonable thing to assume since all we have got on Jean's behavior is a random interview that a lot people will not see opposed to the on panel one which shows her not giving a ****.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

AiPT!: Now, minzyprime‏ (@minzyprime1010) wanted to know why Jean Grey didn’t try to get Rachel back after she was taken as a hound? Minzyprime understands why Scott wasn’t trying to get her back, but Jean knew she had reverted back to a hound and disappeared at the end of Extermination.

Jordan: Why would you think she didn’t try? I am sure they were on the lookout for any signs of where Ahab went off to. But before they found him, X-Man started causing trouble, and that needed to be dealt with.

finally someone asked about it!
    Finally!
    I mean it is obvious that the x-men care but they are also busy. And her rescue is a story Brisson wanted to tell with kid Cable for specific reasons

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    It is not an unreasonable thing to assume since all we have got on Jean's behavior is a random interview that a lot people will not see opposed to the on panel one which shows her not giving a ****.
    I disagree, I believe adult Jean's been shown to care about Rachel when they were allowed to meet, and then there is the problem about kitty, kurt, ororo, peter .....what about them ? nothing was shown on panel, anyway as I said people are free to assume the worst if that's the way they like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I disagree, I believe adult Jean's been shown to care about Rachel when they were allowed to meet, and then there is the problem about kitty, kurt, ororo, peter .....what about them ? nothing was shown on panel, anyway as I said people are free to assume the worst if that's the way they like it.
    Exactly what Vaishakh is saying. You have on panel expressions showing one thing, and then in a side tweet/interview an editor saying something different and making it sound like it's crazy to assume no one cares. If they cared as we know the characters do, then why can't they show it on panel and cut the drama? Or show consistency. You can't have Jean caring in one book, then being cold in two other books and have readers not question how she could feel.

As for Peter, Kitty, Kurt, Ororo - I think they all have culpability in not doing anything. It's not just Jean. While I do think the X-Men care, it a little goes a long way. And not one of them has even uttered her name once since Extermination. And again, due to the delayed release of #5 it might have played a role, but still nada from anyone.

So again, I'm happy that it's been addressed but for me it doesn't absolve the lack of caring or searching on panel and made me question characters motives.

Extermination was a book greenlit under a different editor but JDW WAS the editor when the book was created. As mentioned, he's credited on it. Dissassembled marks the start of all the material he greenlit but he was still responsible for editing the books that were set in motion prior to that

BTW, his explanation makes sense. There was literally a week between Extermination and Disassembled. Any plans to look for Rachel took a backburner when Nate starting causing global catastrophes.
    Last edited by Havok83; 04-15-2019 at 09:17 AM.

They should actually show Jean and the other X-Men trying to look for Rachel. It's not that hard, just put it a couple of flashback panels on X-Force. Or depending in how things go have them show up asap after AOX is over, Idk. I'm glad that the idea that they were looking for her off-panel seems to be the one on the X-Office's mind rather than "Lol they didn't care", but interviews aren't really enough... Feels more like a headcanon that we can either accept for our sanity or deny and stay pissed lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    They should actually show Jean and the other X-Men trying to look for Rachel. It's not that hard, just put it a couple of flashback panels on X-Force. Or depending in how things go have them show up asap after AOX is over, Idk. I'm glad that the idea that they were looking for her off-panel seems to be the one on the X-Office's mind rather than "Lol they didn't care", but interviews aren't really enough... Feels more like a headcanon that we can either accept for our sanity or deny and stay pissed lol.
    historically that's what x-men unlimited was good for, multiple short stories that didn't find space anywhere else, I do miss that title.

Yes, without showing it, it remains empty.

They seemed more concerned with Bobby's birthday than with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    No of those are bad ideas. Should Rachel come back from X-Force it would be nice to see when Jean first sees her that she has a flashback to scouring the planet with Cerebro, then back to Rachel. Easy and quick.

historically that's what x-men unlimited was good for, multiple short stories that didn't find space anywhere else, I do miss that title.
    Yeah that was a great series, but it doesn't need to be a short story. All that had to happen was at the beginning of Disassembled you have Jean say they need to pause on looking for Rachel and divert resources to the global event. Or mention her name in The Exterminated. Or Kitty mention her name in Astonishing. But those didn't happen. So something should be easily shown on panel (literally two panels showing Jean and the others searching before Disassembled started) and boom it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Yes, without showing it, it remains empty.

They seemed more concerned with Bobby's birthday than with that.
    Seriously. That stung.

Yeah that was a great series, but it doesn't need to be a short story. All that had to happen was at the beginning of Disassembled you have Jean say they need to pause on looking for Rachel and divert resources to the global event. Or mention her name in The Exterminated. Or Kitty mention her name in Astonishing. But those didn't happen. So something should be easily shown on panel (literally two panels showing Jean and the others searching before Disassembled started) and boom it's fine.
    Believe me I'm very disappointed for the way Rachel gets treated and for the sloppy writing/editing of these books but I'm not that inclined in laying the blame on fictional characters, I just won't let my idea of the x-men be sullied by bad management, Remember when Rachel wanted to romance John Sublime, did it make any sense? it was just lame, it's just not part of the character and it was dropped never to be mentioned again .......Rachel needs her bond with her friends, now more than ever if she is going to survive as character, I don't want to see her marginalized for cheap drama most people won't care for anyway.