Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Rachel is not going to die. The whole point of this run seems to be her rescue, i know things have been bad but i really don't think marvel will screw things that badly.

Cable not telling scott has more to do with brisson wanting to focus on stryfe, cable and rachel.
    You have more faith than i thought possible. Bless you.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Rachel is not going to die. The whole point of this run seems to be her rescue, i know things have been bad but i really don't think marvel will screw things that badly.

Cable not telling scott has more to do with brisson wanting to focus on stryfe, cable and rachel.
    Cable not telling Scott was more about giving Scott an excuse not to handle this in UXM bc Rosenberg had other plans for him

Incredible Member

There have been plenty of instances where hero failed to save the girl and was used to further the development of the hero. It does not seem unlikely in this scenario since Ahab says that Cable will fail or has very low chance of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    There have been plenty of instances where hero failed to save the girl and was used to further the development of the hero. It does not seem unlikely in this scenario since Ahab says that Cable will fail or has very low chance of success.
    Yeah that's the impression I get now and knowing that Rachel stays enslaved right to the end. Ahab extrapolated what was going to happen using Deathlock's computer interface and determined that Cable would probably have to kill Rachel and Ahab was enjoying that this was his last dying gift to Cable, that Cable was going to have to kill his own sister.

So in the end this comic really isn't about Rachel at all, she isn't going to have agency or dialogue, she is going to go out as a mindless slave, and it's really just about Cable and Stryfe and the writer is using Rachel to further their storylines and Rachel serves no other purpose than to be a tragic character who gets no agency over her own fate.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I'm kinda just meh about it right now. It's the same 3 scenarios in my head (none of which are ideal):
    1) Cable somehow manages to trigger a response in Rachel and she breaks free and helps stop Stryfe.
    2) Rachel remains a hound throughout the entirety of the storyline and dies a hound with her last words being "Mutants! Die! with Kytty cradling her body. She's either killed by Cable or Stryfe.
    3) Rachel remains a hound until the very end, and then for some poor writing it's determined she has to return to being Mother Askani (which would be problematic for a number of logistical reasons).

Given the shear amount of deaths happening right now, I almost feel like if she does die it will get reversed with some of the others. I feel like my convo with Jordan gave me some glimmer of hope but not enough to combat the idiocy of these writers.

she's in teh XForce 7 preview

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

This is so humiliating but hopeful this houndification will end soon.

I agree. Poor Rachel has been through the wringer lately. But I have a feeling she will break free of the programming and will return to normal. I hope she gets some good moments. I think Askani would be a good codename for her.

This is so humiliating but hopeful this houndification will end soon.
    I have a feeling that she'll be unhounded and then have her mind rewritten by the Krang Trio to work for Strfye. Gross

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I have a feeling that she'll be unhounded and then have her mind rewritten by the Krang Trio to work for Strfye. Gross
    I guess they figure she's do for a new form of mind control for 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I guess they figure she's do for a new form of mind control for 2019
    Pretty much. I mean I don't know what use she is to Stryfe as she has no real memories as Askani or knows anything of the Clan. Additionally they only know her as old Mother Askani. She currently seems more like a deranged Madame Sanctity than Askani. thinking back to that interview Brisson about exploring the relationship between Cable-Rachel-Stryfe, so far there is literally nothing on the Rachel end. It's only what she means to Cable and Stryfe and she's technically not needed to to be there to review this.

I just want this series over at this point so we have a resolution on her state.

I really think that the X-Office needs more female voices when it comes to writing and editing. The lack of agency and care for women in the books right now is astounding when you look at the ways Rachel and Rahne have been written, and the lack of agency and voice the other women (outside of AoXM) are getting.

Mighty Member

Place your bets here. How will Rachel get screwed over in 2019?

She'll be rewritten into Stryfe's puppet.

She'll job and get possessed since X-Office doesn't feel like being creative.

She'll be killed and replaced by a younger teen from another timeline to have the Cable-Rachel sibling rivalry that no one asked for or will want ever.

Add your options here. All participants get the right to whine, moan, and complain about the stupidity of it all. Bet now.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

She'll be killed and replaced by a younger teen from another timeline to have the Cable-Rachel sibling rivalry that no one asked for or will want ever.

Add your options here. All participants get the right to whine, moan, and complain about the stupidity of it all. Bet now.
    Killed, but no replacement. Everyone Jean/Maddie gave birth to dead, except Wi-Fi who will be in the future till the inevitable stupid Wi-Fi/Deadpool team up book.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post

Mind controled again in the first issue of whatever book she appears, if they remember she exist

The reason I'm so disillusioned is that it doesn't look like there's any plan - it's just random story arcs thrown together by various writers who take various pieces of whatever continuity they want and try to force the elements into a story idea they've come up with. Who knows what's next. Maybe Rachel dies and then is resurrected again for an Excalibur book which ignores everything that's happened in the last 20 years. It all depends on what whatever the next writers come up with.