Page 55 of 148 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Sam and Rachel were also both involved in the new mutants story together where dazzler guest starred ish: #29-32 and ALSO shared adventures in the X-Men/Alpha Flight Asgard crossover annuals. And like you said, they’ve lived at the x-mansion at the same time. They’ve actually have more shared history than most folks remember.

Attachment 82142Attachment 82143
    I get that and its not a huge deal but if one were to ask me the top 10 X-characters that are close to Rachel, Sam wouldnt be anywhere near that list. He must be using the term family in a very loose sense like all X-Men are family, not that he views her as such in the way he looks at Roberto as a brother. He and Rachel just dont have that kind of a relationship

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I get that and its not a huge deal but if one were to ask me the top 10 X-characters that are close to Rachel, Sam wouldnt be anywhere near that list. He must be using the term family in a very loose sense like all X-Men are family, not that he views her as such in the way he looks at Roberto as a brother. He and Rachel just dont have that kind of a relationship
    True that he doesn't have a lot of panel time with her, but of all the current members, he does have the most. I appreciated that sentiment from him. Just hope she survives.
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Fantastic Member

Agree with you they are not close friends. I think Sam means family in the sense that they’ve known each other for a really long time, since they were kids during new mutants in the 80’s, even though they didn’t hang out a lot, so it would make sense he considers her as family.
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 05-09-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I just think it's interesting that Sam refers to her as family but Nate doesn't. Also Shatterstar is all in on saving her, likely as he feels for her after his hound stint. Also #Gays4Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I just think it's interesting that Sam refers to her as family but Nate doesn't. Also Shatterstar is all in on saving her, likely as he feels for her after his hound stint. Also #Gays4Ray
    Which Nate are you talking about? Nate Grey? Or Cable (Nathan Summers)?

I don't think Nate Grey sees Cable as family either.

But it is nice that they were actually talking about saving Rachel. Sam wanted to save Rachel and Kid Cable, and Shatterstar just wanted to save only Rachel (cause he hates Kid Cable).

If anything at least this issue provided a new topic to discuss in terms of Rachel

If anything at least this issue provided a new topic to discuss in terms of Rachel
    lol, yeah, shockingly enough, characters other than Cable seem to be genuinely interested in saving and rescuing Rachel Summers.

I think that although we have not seen them interact, almost all the members of an X-Team with enough time consider the other X-Men as a family, even if it is a distant family.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Which Nate are you talking about? Nate Grey? Or Cable (Nathan Summers)?

I don't think Nate Grey sees Cable as family either.

But it is nice that they were actually talking about saving Rachel. Sam wanted to save Rachel and Kid Cable, and Shatterstar just wanted to save only Rachel (cause he hates Kid Cable).
    Cable and Nate probably get along well. I mean Cable is the only one who seems to have any kind of relationship with Nate.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Cable and Nate probably get along well. I mean Cable is the only one who seems to have any kind of relationship with Nate.
    I know they fought each other a couple times, but that might just be how Cable shows affection.

I dont think Nate Grey has ever even met Rachel. The only time they overlapped as X-men was post-Schism but Nate was with Cyclops and Rachel was with Wolverine so no interaction

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    WiFi refers to her as his “guiding light” which is pretty....

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Yeah, it is cute. It shows how important she is to him. It isn't just for their weird blood connection, he thinks she is awesome.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I dont think Nate Grey has ever even met Rachel. The only time they overlapped as X-men was post-Schism but Nate was with Cyclops and Rachel was with Wolverine so no interaction
    They were in a panel together but never addressed each other. Rachel has never interacted with Nate Grey or Hope on panel.

Yes, but selfishly I want him to say something like, "she's more than just my sister..."

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Yeah, it is cute. It shows how important she is to him. It isn't just for their weird blood connection, he thinks she is awesome.
    At least someone does. No one in the Xmen, writer's room, or editors suite do.

Incredible Member

Remember when Xavier' stated Rachel was the most powerful psychic in the school upon his death? Seems like a bad joke nowadays.
    rachel.jpg