Page 64 of 148 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    As I said in another thread, she looks like some ragdoll thrown on the floor. In a way it reminds of the doll that used to control Legion's body called "Moira". Rachel has just been a doll that people have controlled and throw away when finished. I too hope she wakes up, but I feel like when she does it won't be satisfying by any means for the treatment she's been given.
    Yeah, she hasn't had any agency as a character for a long time. I suspect that when some of the writers mentioned that Rachel's story was coming full circle, they probably did mean she was going to merge with the Phoenix again. But being that Phoenix is so OP I can't see them using Rachel in an ongoing series if she is Phoenix. That's why I predict that she stays in the future as Mother Askani.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Yeah, she hasn't had any agency as a character for a long time. I suspect that when some of the writers mentioned that Rachel's story was coming full circle, they probably did mean she was going to merge with the Phoenix again. But being that Phoenix is so OP I can't see them using Rachel in an ongoing series if she is Phoenix. That's why I predict that she stays in the future as Mother Askani.
    But if she does it royally messes up the timeline. Granted Hickman is restarting the line, but I highly doubt JDW would allow Brisson to alter the future (and past) irrevocably by letting Rachel be Phoenix in a time where she shouldn't exist. It makes things WAAAY too messy and that isn't what they want to have Hickman start from.

But if she does it royally messes up the timeline. Granted Hickman is restarting the line, but I highly doubt JDW would allow Brisson to alter the future (and past) irrevocably by letting Rachel be Phoenix in a time where she shouldn't exist. It makes things WAAAY too messy and that isn't what they want to have Hickman start from.
    No they actually have an out that is pre-written in Cable's series. Adult Cable would have recurring visions of Mother Askani giving him advice across time when she was already dead in the Askani timeline. They explained it previously that it was Rachel's remaining consciousness reaching across time, but they can easily retcon it that after this X-Force run Rachel takes her place as Mother Askani once again. Then from this point on she will remain as a supporting character in whatever series Cable is in, giving Cable visions whenever he meditates to connect with her.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    No they actually have an out that is pre-written in Cable's series. Adult Cable would have recurring visions of Mother Askani giving him advice across time when she was already dead in the Askani timeline. They explained it previously that it was Rachel's remaining consciousness reaching across time, but they can easily retcon it that after this X-Force run Rachel takes her place as Mother Askani once again. Then from this point on she will remain as a supporting character in whatever series Cable is in, giving Cable visions whenever he meditates to connect with her.
    Actually it was that Rachel evolved into a being of pure energy and transcended. And I like that more as it speaks more to her potential as an omega mutant. But we'll see. I think that's a shitty role for her, but there is no Cable series listed under Hickman so it would mean nothing at this point. Also they would need to explain how Nate is back to being old man Nate.

Yeah but you act like it will affect any continuity. They can leave Rachel in the future as Mother Askani and never mention it in any of the books until it becomes a plot point years later if they decide to bring her back. The O5 being brought to present day and staying past the very few issues of ANX should have had catastrophic effects on the timeline, but it didnt bc it didnt serve the story until it was time to get rid of them years later. I dont see why Rachel would be treated any differently. It would be easier to do that with her considering she isnt likely to get an ongoing and can easily be ignored

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't think they are going to leave her in the future. She will come back to her senses and stay on this time at the end of X-force.
    It is obvious, this run has been denigrating for her but she isn't going to stay on the future.

It's the Rachel Summers appreciation thread?
    Well, I must say I appreciated her very much in the first serie of Excalibur…
    I didn't recognise her when she appeared later: it wasn't anymore the same character. She had been so mature and so strong before.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah but you act like it will affect any continuity. They can leave Rachel in the future as Mother Askani and never mention it in any of the books until it becomes a plot point years later if they decide to bring her back. The O5 being brought to present day and staying past the very few issues of ANX should have had catastrophic effects on the timeline, but it didnt bc it didnt serve the story until it was time to get rid of them years later. I dont see why Rachel would be treated any differently. It would be easier to do that with her considering she isnt likely to get an ongoing and can easily be ignored
    I should affect continuity if she stays alive and active in the future as Mother Askani is dead by this point. It would alter the movement and the history of Cable and Stryfe and others and therefore affect past events as well. I disagree with the argument around the O5 as in story a "Doomlock" was used to bring them and essentially lock things into place whereas here that isn't the case. Maybe because she's my favorite character that I feel so strongly about the notion of leaving her in the future to a role she has nor reference or knowledge of? Or to me it should affect a host of timeline issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    It's the Rachel Summers appreciation thread?
    Well, I must say I appreciated her very much in the first serie of Excalibur…
    I didn't recognise her when she appeared later: it wasn't anymore the same character. She had been so mature and so strong before.
    We know, it's an atrocity.

Rachel Summers is why I tell people Alan Davis is better than Chris Claremont.

I should affect continuity if she stays alive and active in the future as Mother Askani is dead by this point. It would alter the movement and the history of Cable and Stryfe and others and therefore affect past events as well. I disagree with the argument around the O5 as in story a "Doomlock" was used to bring them and essentially lock things into place whereas here that isn't the case. Maybe because she's my favorite character that I feel so strongly about the notion of leaving her in the future to a role she has nor reference or knowledge of? Or to me it should affect a host of timeline issues.

We know, it's an atrocity.
    I love her as much as you do and I don't want her left in the future either. So far she hasn't shown up in any official HoX/PoX art other than the first poster. That makes me feel like the poster is a cop out and she is barely even in the event. I just feel like they are going to shaft Rachel again just like they did in Excalibur and she is going to disappear for years again. I wish it was otherwise, I wish there was a writer who was actually capable of writing the interactions between a Mother (Jean) and a Daughter (Rachel) in an ongoing book. I hope they keep her into the fall, I just have this bad feeling that they are going to write her out again just like they did after her run in Excalibur.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think they are going to leave her in the future. She will come back to her senses and stay on this time at the end of X-force.
    It is obvious, this run has been denigrating for her but she isn't going to stay on the future.
    I have the feeling that this run is one of those that will never mentioned again. It's an idea approved by the previous editor JDW doesn't seem that interested in.

I was so looking forward to X-Force and now I just want to avoid it until I know how bad the outcome is.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I hope so, but I doubt Hickman will use her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    I hope so, but I doubt Hickman will use her.
    Eh who knows. After HoX and PoX we still got a whole Flagship title (probably 2) the Hickman will be helming so anything is possible.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Eh who knows. After HoX and PoX we still got a whole Flagship title (probably 2) the Hickman will be helming so anything is possible.
    It'd a pleasant surprise if Hickman did include her in his X-Men lineup(s) but chances of that happening are low as Brisson giving Rachel a good ending in X-Force