Page 67 of 148 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by fridric View Post
    I read today an interview of Jordan White and he said that Hickman choose the most important mutants, who will play a big role in the future HoX/PoX, for the promotional picture where there's our beloved Rachel. So, I hope she will have an importance on it compared to those who are not on the cover even if we can think it will be flashbacks or not just flashbacks(her return as the new host or child of PF)?
    I am kind of pessimistic because the art in the books isn't really matching up to the poster much at all. I expect Rachel will simply be attached to Cable in some way, probably working with him as a supporting character. Which means she could be in the future or the present, because if she went back to being Mother Askani she could still talk to Cable across time like she used to in his first comic. So I still feel like Rachel may or may not appear at all and I think those posters are not really clear. Rachel was in the Disassembled poster, but by the time the series started she was already kidnapped by Ahab and taken away as a hound. If she gets the Phoenix back I am pretty sure she is going to be sidelined as a support player for Cable, she won't get featured simply because the Phoenix is too OP and they won't want her to be more than peripherally involved in the event.

Sorry for being a pessimist I just feel like the writers and editors have no idea what to do with Rachel, hence they left her as a hound for 8 months because they had no clue what to do with her as a character. Since a lot of the writers think Rachel can only be written as a hound, I expect they will sideline her if they don't keep her as a hound.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am kind of pessimistic because the art in the books isn't really matching up to the poster much at all. I expect Rachel will simply be attached to Cable in some way, probably working with him as a supporting character. Which means she could be in the future or the present, because if she went back to being Mother Askani she could still talk to Cable across time like she used to in his first comic. So I still feel like Rachel may or may not appear at all and I think those posters are not really clear. Rachel was in the Disassembled poster, but by the time the series started she was already kidnapped by Ahab and taken away as a hound. If she gets the Phoenix back I am pretty sure she is going to be sidelined as a support player for Cable, she won't get featured simply because the Phoenix is too OP and they won't want her to be more than peripherally involved in the event.

Sorry for being a pessimist I just feel like the writers and editors have no idea what to do with Rachel, hence they left her as a hound for 8 months because they had no clue what to do with her as a character. Since a lot of the writers think Rachel can only be written as a hound, I expect they will sideline her if they don't keep her as a hound.
    Well, I think you're wrong about the Mother Askani persona in HoX/PoX because they draw her as Phoenix before Askani so the Cable related thing is not so high in my expectation. Other thing I saw, it's the 1st page with Moira and Charles, for me it seems the past Moira is possessed by someone's mind from the future because Charles is suprised in an shocked way! And guess who has chrono-skimming skills in the X-Team?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    What interview?
    (Sorry I have been a little disconnected from the internet these days)
    Hi! It's an interview from April if I remembered where he responded to some questions about the revival of the mutants.

X-Force #8 spoilers
    spoilers:
    lithe voice calling to Rachel is the essence of Mother Askani, who merges with her as they incinerate the dollar store Krang. Rachel is confused as hell throughout the issue because she thought she was still with Ahab, so as she runs into X-Force, knocking out the MLA (format) in the process, she goes: “Somebody tell me what the hell is going on.”
    end of spoilers

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Hi! It's an interview from April if I remembered where he responded to some questions about the revival of the mutants.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    X-Force #8 spoilers
    spoilers:
    lithe voice calling to Rachel is the essence of Mother Askani, who merges with her as they incinerate the dollar store Krang. Rachel is confused as hell throughout the issue because she thought she was still with Ahab, so as she runs into X-Force, knocking out the MLA (format) in the process, she goes: “Somebody tell me what the hell is going on.”
    end of spoilers
    So she fussed with herself?

So she fussed with herself?
    spoilers:
    Mother Askani Rachel's spirit woke up Rachel Summers. I couldn't tell at the end of the story if she went Phoenix or GodMode. It's like someone gave Rachel the ultimate cheat code and now she is in GodMode and god help everyone because she isn't happy. She flattened all of Stryfe's people and I think she killed all his telepaths in one shot at the end of the issue. Then she turned to Domino and asked "Someone tell me what's going on." but she said it in her GodMode voice. I think we are looking at a complete merger of Rachel and Mother Askani, or the Mother Askani persona is now in charge of Rachel which means she has mastery of Rachel's full potential power. As I said, there is lots of fire at the end of the issue but it's hard to tell if it's the Phoenix or just because Rachel blew everything up when she woke up.

Still the best part is, even if it is Mother Askani, technically Rachel saved herself and no one helped her but herself. Yay for female agency (after practically a whole year)!
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:
    Mother Askani Rachel's spirit woke up Rachel Summers. I couldn't tell at the end of the story if she went Phoenix or GodMode. It's like someone gave Rachel the ultimate cheat code and now she is in GodMode and god help everyone because she isn't happy. She flattened all of Stryfe's people and I think she killed all his telepaths in one shot at the end of the issue. Then she turned to Domino and asked "Someone tell me what's going on." but she said it in her GodMode voice. I think we are looking at a complete merger of Rachel and Mother Askani, or the Mother Askani persona is now in charge of Rachel which means she has mastery of Rachel's full potential power. As I said, there is lots of fire at the end of the issue but it's hard to tell if it's the Phoenix or just because Rachel blew everything up when she woke up.

Still the best part is, even if it is Mother Askani, technically Rachel saved herself and no one helped her but herself. Yay for female agency (after practically a whole year)!
    end of spoilers

Does Marvel have some kind of fusion fetish left over from 2018? Did they see Steven Universe was ending and needed to fill that niche?

Well, helping herself is better than still being a hound. It is also better than being a damsell on distress

Rachel actually mind-controlling/possessing/dominating HERSELF is overdue and meta.

Well, helping herself is better than still being a hound. It is also better than being a damsell on distress
    yeah I am really glad that she saved herself. I really don't like the art in the book, but at least Rachel got some agency over her own fate finally. I am curious if she is completely merged with her Mother Askani persono, or is the Mother Askani persona the one running the show now. I am going to probably say that Mother Askani probably wouldn't do that to her younger self so it's probably a merger. It's still up in the air, is Rachel a Phoenix, or is she simply the most powerful Omega telepath/telekinetic in existence.

I know there were hints that Rachel's powers were off the charts a few times in X-Men Gold. I remember when she was sitting in the sky far above the USA and using her telepathy to connect to everyone on Earth so she could find the person they were looking for. She did it without Cerebro but just as effectively. Then when she destroyed all of the nanite Sentinels in New York City in one explosive burst of telepathy. When she destroyed those Sentinels she was actually afraid of her power because she wasn't sure where her upper limit was and she was tapping into the most aggressive part of her mind where the hound programming was, or maybe the hound imagery just represented Rachel's fear of her how powerful she truly is and how she tries not to tap into that full potential.

Spectacular Member

Well at this point we don't know if Ray is Phoenix or not but there's a chance she's Phoenix again(HoX/PoX).

Well at this point we don't know if Ray is Phoenix or not but there's a chance she's Phoenix again(HoX/PoX).
    Yeah, we won't know for sure till next issue. Right now with X-Force 9 it could either be she tapped into some part of the Phoenix still inside her when she woke up, or when she merged with the Mother Askani consciousness she went complete Omega Telepath GodMode. Her eyes are glowing and her hair looks like it might be on fire in the last panel.

Spectacular Member

Yeah, we won't know for sure till next issue. Right now with X-Force 9 it could either be she tapped into some part of the Phoenix still inside her when she woke up, or when she merged with the Mother Askani consciousness she went complete Omega Telepath GodMode. Her eyes are glowing and her hair looks like it might be on fire in the last panel.
    It could go either way but IDK between Basic Ray and Phoenix Ray what to choose.

It could go either way but IDK between Basic Ray and Phoenix Ray what to choose.
    I wonder how powerful she is now, could she take Nate Grey out? They are definitely portraying her as achieved some kind of higher state whether it's as Phoenix, or just at her full omega potential.