Page 71 of 148 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Odin calls her a mutant while charging into battle.
    Odin was also shagging her. Because reasons.

Honestly, Avengers B.C. reads as completely off the wall fan fiction.

Odin calls her a mutant while charging into battle.
    YAY! We have continuity, ancient BC Phoenix girl is a mutant, so the Phoenix just loves mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    YAY! We have continuity, ancient BC Phoenix girl is a mutant, so the Phoenix just loves mutants.
    Or telepaths are the only ones able to catch her attention…
    "This is how I came into being"
    "Alone"
    "Without feeling"
    "Without emotion"
    "Without desire"
    "Until a mind touched me."
    "The contact focused my awareness. I woke to reality."
    (Excalibur 52)
    (I don't know this BC Phoenix girl…)
    Last edited by Zelena; 06-13-2019 at 03:37 PM.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I liked when the phoenix was more about Jean and something Rachel could inherit from her instead of a cosmic stalker with a redhead fetish that gets passed down to everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I liked when the phoenix was more about Jean and something Rachel could inherit from her instead of a cosmic stalker with a redhead fetish that gets passed down to everybody.
    I liked that better too. I hope Hickman addresses that in some way. I want to forget Old Logan / Phoenix even existed.

Mighty Member

I hoping Hickman redoes the history of mutantkind after Jason Arron's nonsensical retcon on how Celestial vomit changed the course of evolution while ignoring the origin of mutantkind as one of the three races created by the Celestial Hosts.

In a universe where various pantheons fight over who created the Earth and a giant green rage monster birthed from radiation, even I couldn't stomach something that dumb.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Aaron just wants to use the Phoenix as an excuse to promote his pet characters; sadly, he, like many other comic writers before him (Claremont and Bendis, for example) gets worse every year as his flaws gets the best of him and his worst tendencies tend to become worst as time goes by.

Anyway, Hickman is excellent with this sort of stuff, and he's not above saying "that story is stupid, I'll ignore it"; he did with the Beyonder thing from Bendis' Illuminati mini.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I kind of agree. I like it how Rosenberg tried to bring it across: a being that found a kinship with mutants and just wants to help. She just wanted Jean to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    I kind of agree. I like it how Rosenberg tried to bring it across: a being that found a kinship with mutants and just wants to help. She just wanted Jean to be happy.
    I think if Rachel does get to be the Phoenix again, it will probably be the diminished version she was after the Phoenix battled Galactus in space and decided to reduce the amount of her power and influence of Rachel. Still, even a somewhat less powerful Rachel as Phoenix can still be a lot of fun. I really hope they don't put her into the hound Phoenix costume, Rachel needs to move beyond that and she can go back to the Gold Phoenix or even just a new uniform that she makes herself. I really want the eye Phoenix effect back, I always thought that was something unique and fun only used by Rachel.

Spectacular Member

Hey, as long as she gets to get back to the red and gold phoenix costume, I'm happy. Plus, I really hope her telepathic phoenix eye thingey comes back

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    It would contradict 25 years of written text that has En Sabah Nur as the first mutant in Ancient Egypt.
    It's canon Selene is thousands of years older than Apocalypse. He thought of himself, and advertised, he was the oldest.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It's canon Selene is thousands of years older than Apocalypse. He thought of himself, and advertised, he was the oldest.
    Oh, I never realized Selene was older. You're right though, Selene is an External and she is 17000 years old and Apocalypse is only 5000 years old.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    In all fairness, Selene is more vain that my first girlfriend who sold mirrors for a living and fears that she cannot outrun death. I'm sure she's fine to hand the reigns of oldest mutant alive to him. Seriously, Dani once showed her an illusion of her being an old woman and it freaked her out so much.

But now neither of them are the oldest mutant alive. Unnamed Phoenix host is. Selene was born during the Second Host while Phoenix Cavelady was born before the First Host.

In all fairness, Selene is more vain that my first girlfriend who sold mirrors for a living and fears that she cannot outrun death. I'm sure she's fine to hand the reigns of oldest mutant alive to him. Seriously, Dani once showed her an illusion of her being an old woman and it freaked her out so much.

But now neither of them are the oldest mutant alive. Unnamed Phoenix host is. Selene was born during the Second Host while Phoenix Cavelady was born before the First Host.
    Again, the Marvel editorial board just needs to declare Avengers BC non-canon. It exists solely as an AU that they shoehorn stuff into for zero reason.

Incredible Member

Pretty sure that unknown host is dead so Selene is still the oldest Mutant alive.

But that being said, I hope Marvel moves Rachel away from Phoenix and Jean mainly because I dont think there is anything interesting or compelling to be told there. I would rather see her working with Scott, Magneto or Wolverine or do her own thing for a while