Page 82 of 148 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2210
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Technically, their last interaction was Rachel crying over Cable's body.
    But I loved this page hopeful it is a good sign for this next issue
    ete5.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Technically, their last interaction was Rachel crying over Cable's body.
    But I loved this page hopeful it is a good sign for this next issue
    ete5.jpg
    That wasnt an interaction as Cable was dead. That was Rachel solo

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That wasnt an interaction as Cable was dead. That was Rachel solo
    Right, I wouldn't count that as he was dead, therefore he couldn't "interact" with her. She sat and cried over his body while everyone stared at her or ignored her without coming to her side. Some friends and family....

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Right, I wouldn't count that as he was dead, therefore he couldn't "interact" with her. She sat and cried over his body while everyone stared at her or ignored her without coming to her side. Some friends and family....
    Jean cares, she cared a lot on through all of X-men Red (gold is not canon). In little more than a year she as showed on the exterminated and extermination and Red that she cares about her kids an extended family. It is just that she was abscent for long and hasn't been back for even two years.

Jean cares, she cared a lot on through all of X-men Red (gold is not canon). In little more than a year she as showed on the exterminated and extermination and Red that she cares about her kids an extended family. It is just that she was abscent for long and hasn't been back for even two years.
    I think what Askani is getting at is that Jean should have picked Rachel up off the floor and comforted her bc they both were feeling the same pain. Jean was shown doing more for Hope than she did for Rachel in terms of Cable dying. Red is more of an outlier in terms of their interactions bc Taylor is the only writer that has really done right by their relationship and unfortunately it didnt become the new status quo for them

Extermination was good but outside of adult Jean/Cable not everyone got any family interactions. I mean we had both adult Cable, Tyke, Jeen and teen Cable and neither interacted much. Rachel interacted more with Jeen and Tyke than Cable ever did. So Jean wasn't being distant with Rachel, Marvel just wasn't paying much attention to any of that in general.

Sadly Gold is canon. The apathy in Gold and Extermination balanced out the good in Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think what Askani is getting at is that Jean should have picked Rachel up off the floor and comforted her bc they both were feeling the same pain. Jean was shown doing more for Hope than she did for Rachel in terms of Cable dying. Red is more of an outlier in terms of their interactions bc Taylor is the only writer that has really done right by their relationship and unfortunately it didnt become the new status quo for them
    Exactly. It wasn't only Jean. Kitty and Kurt were both there. None of them went to comfort her. They just stood and watched her cry. I don't think anyone outside Kitty even said something of a condolence to Rachel. I get Jean was upset, but why is it so easy for her to go over and share a special moment in Exterminated with Hope talking all this stuff about "we're his family" but couldn't even comfort Rachel in their shared grief? Why couldn't her best friend? Why couldn't her former lover/close friend? Because nobody cared.

Extermination was good but outside of adult Jean/Cable not everyone got any family interactions. I mean we had both adult Cable, Tyke, Jeen and teen Cable and neither interacted much. Rachel interacted more with Jeen and Tyke than Cable ever did. So Jean wasn't being distant with Rachel, Marvel just wasn't paying much attention to any of that in general.
    I disagree. Jean (as well as Kitty, Kurt, Jeen, etc)was cold and distant to Rachel throughout Extermination. Jean arrives to see Rachel crying and cradling Nathan's body and says and does nothing to comfort. They talk about Ahab, but nothing of their shared loss. Just her son. Extermination #5 reinforces it. And then watching Jean comfort, hug, cry with Hope in THe Exterminated was just like a slap to some of us. Because THAT is the Jean we know. THAT is the Jean we expect to read. THAT was the Jean missing from Exterminated. Not the Jean we were given.

I think so many of the characters were written poorly there when it comes to Rachel. We'll see if any of this is ever rectified, but I doubt it.

Old Cable died early on so he doesnt count. Teen Jean and Cable interacted quite a bit as she joined X-Force in going after him. Scott was taken out for a couple of issues but he got to interact with Cable at the end when he was up and about. Of course Adult Jean tended to him as she vowed to protect him from Ahab. She and Young Cable also had a moment in the final issue. You may disagree but I really feel Rachel is the only one that got ignored in that mini. I think she only interacted directly with Scott. The other familial beats got played out among the various versions of Jean, Scott and Cable

I disagree. Jean (as well as Kitty, Kurt, Jeen, etc)was cold and distant to Rachel throughout Extermination. Jean arrives to see Rachel crying and cradling Nathan's body and says and does nothing to comfort. They talk about Ahab, but nothing of their shared loss. Just her son. Extermination #5 reinforces it. And then watching Jean comfort, hug, cry with Hope in THe Exterminated was just like a slap to some of us. Because THAT is the Jean we know. THAT is the Jean we expect to read. THAT was the Jean missing from Exterminated. Not the Jean we were given.

I think so many of the characters were written poorly there when it comes to Rachel. We'll see if any of this is ever rectified, but I doubt it.
    LOL...I just realized when Rachel was on the floor crying, Jean went and comforted herself (Teen Jean)
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-16-2019 at 10:34 AM.

Exactly. It wasn't only Jean. Kitty and Kurt were both there. None of them went to comfort her.
    Exactly they all in character would have comforted her because they care about her, it doesn't mean they don't care, just that Marvel was focused on something else.

Exactly they all in character would have comforted her because they care about her, it doesn't mean they don't care, just that Marvel was focused on something else.
    Yes, Marvel was focused on making Jean, Kitty, and Kurt look like apathetic assholes to Rachel. We can talk all about the things the could/should have done for days, but the fact is that at no time did anyone approach or comfort her. And 4 issues later no one other than Cable and Bobby batted an eye that she was gone. The scenes speak for themselves. If they show a retro scene of people trying to look for her that would be great and redeem the writer and characters in my mind, but the X-Men have a huge black mark in the form of Rachel at this point.

Yes, Marvel was focused on making Jean, Kitty, and Kurt look like apathetic assholes to Rachel. We can talk all about the things the could/should have done for days, but the fact is that at no time did anyone approach or comfort her. And 4 issues later no one other than Cable and Bobby batted an eye that she was gone. The scenes speak for themselves. If they show a retro scene of people trying to look for her that would be great and redeem the writer and characters in my mind, but the X-Men have a huge black mark in the form of Rachel at this point.
    The fact that the writers seem to always forget every character relationship/friendship that Rachel has tells me that she isn't going back to the X-Men at all. I still think she is going to work with Cable exclusively in HoX/PoX and not interact with anyone on the X-Men at all. The only thing I wondered about was the Rachel Dark Phoenix cover and whether she ends up being one of the villains in the story.

If the X-Men do see Rachel at all I bet no one mentions her being missing and not one person will hug her or any kind of emotional reassurance in any panel. Jean will tell Rachel that she is not Rachel's mother.

I am not even sure why they did the Rachel cover, I guess we'll see. I really don't expect much from HoX/PoX in regards to Rachel other than her working with Cable, other than that I don't expect her to interact with any of the X-Men at all.

Come on, I know the last years have been rough but outside one panel on gold she has been good with Rachel. Last time someone asked JDW about Scott and then later Jean worrying about Rachel, he said that they would care. That Cyclops believed she was dead because Cable didn't tell him so he could focus on whatever is happening on Uncanny but that Cyclops would have helped, He said something like that for Jean too but said that they just didn't had the opportunity to show it on panel.
    Kitty and Kurt care a lot too, they have years proving that they care.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-16-2019 at 01:03 PM.

Of course they all care about her. They however havent done a good job of showing it

The writers aren't going to show it at all. They don't know how to address these kinds of things. I have seen a few comics over the years that address situations of trauma to a specific character but I don't think the X-writers are able to do it.

My expectation is that they are going to keep it really simple, Rachel will be a supporting character to Cable and she won't have any interaction with any other X-Men. If she does appear in HoX/PoX it will be brief interactions with Cable and nothing else and I will wait and see if she even makes it on a book this fall.

AYMM.jpg

Decided to post this because it's super cute and super funny. Rachel needs it, godamnit.