Page 83 of 148 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 2210
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Attachment 84578

Decided to post this because it's super cute and super funny. Rachel needs it, godamnit.
    Lol, it is funny and sad.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Anybody here has read X-force yet?
    Do you recommend it?
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 07-17-2019 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Anybody here as read X-force yet?
    Do you recommend it?
    They didn't really resolve Rachel's status. I actually can't tell from the book if she stayed in the future or returned to the past. She's featured in the first half and she gets some moderate interaction with Nathan, but then nothing beyond mentioning that she helped Nathan wipe Stryfe's mind. After that there isn't any more mention of Rachel in the book and we don't know if she returned to the past with X-Force or not.

I guess it ends this chapter of the story, but it doesn't link up the way Uncanny and AoXM Omega do. Those two books link to each other at the end, X-Force just shows everyone going through the time portal to return to the present day from the future and that's where the book ends.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Thanks for the info, guess I won't be wasting my time with it then. What a bunch of rushed, lame endings we got.

93CAA4A7-D24A-437F-8C3A-0C8CC1077BB4.jpg

The 90s weren’t just simpler times, they were better.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    They didn't really resolve Rachel's status. I actually can't tell from the book if she stayed in the future or returned to the past. She's featured in the first half and she gets some moderate interaction with Nathan, but then nothing beyond mentioning that she helped Nathan wipe Stryfe's mind. After that there isn't any more mention of Rachel in the book and we don't know if she returned to the past with X-Force or not.

I guess it ends this chapter of the story, but it doesn't link up the way Uncanny and AoXM Omega do. Those two books link to each other at the end, X-Force just shows everyone going through the time portal to return to the present day from the future and that's where the book ends.
    I think it's implied heavily that Rachel goes back with them. From the language of Domino saying "we're here to bring you home", Rachel telling Blaquesmith that she is not Mother Askani, and Nate making sure everything is made right, she's going back with them.

I'm not fully satisfied with the ending of X-Force as I feel like more needed to happen to solidify (and justify) why Rachel had to go through this over the past 2 years. But we won't see a lick of it now as I don't think Hickman is going to follow up on anything.

Meanwhile in the interiors of the House of X / POwers of X preview comic they showed that Mark Brooks teaser image. They say he drew from decades of stories and included easter eggs. Each character shown has a number a descriptor. Like 5 is Iceman (Age of Apocalypse). Number 12 is Dark Phoenix (Rachel Summers). WHAT?????

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I think it's implied heavily that Rachel goes back with them. From the language of Domino saying "we're here to bring you home", Rachel telling Blaquesmith that she is not Mother Askani, and Nate making sure everything is made right, she's going back with them.

I'm not fully satisfied with the ending of X-Force as I feel like more needed to happen to solidify (and justify) why Rachel had to go through this over the past 2 years. But we won't see a lick of it now as I don't think Hickman is going to follow up on anything.

Meanwhile in the interiors of the House of X / POwers of X preview comic they showed that Mark Brooks teaser image. They say he drew from decades of stories and included easter eggs. Each character shown has a number a descriptor. Like 5 is Iceman (Age of Apocalypse). Number 12 is Dark Phoenix (Rachel Summers). WHAT?????
    Askani, do you have the link to that picture where they specifically say Rachel is #12 Dark Phoenix. I know I saw that alternative cover that showed her as Dark Phoenix, but it was only posted on twitter and didn't show up anywhere else so I wasn't sure if it was an official cover or just something some artist wanted to do for Rachel and had nothing to do with the overall story.

I was wondering if she was going to be Dark Phoenix, I also wonder if she will be out of control, or if she will just be kind of extreme in her methods going forward. Perhaps she just calls herself Dark Phoenix and becomes a bit meaner. Everyone was wondering if she was going to be more feral or rage filled after this event. I know she really seemed ready to not just kill Stryfe, she was going to crush his head into the ground and flatten his entire head.

I think it would be kind of fun if Rachel just calls herself Dark Phoenix as her new codename just to make it quite clear where she stands on using extreme methods going forward.

Askani, do you have the link to that picture where they specifically say Rachel is #12 Dark Phoenix. I know I saw that alternative cover that showed her as Dark Phoenix, but it was only posted on twitter and didn't show up anywhere else so I wasn't sure if it was an official cover or just something some artist wanted to do for Rachel and had nothing to do with the overall story.

I was wondering if she was going to be Dark Phoenix, I also wonder if she will be out of control, or if she will just be kind of extreme in her methods going forward. Perhaps she just calls herself Dark Phoenix and becomes a bit meaner. Everyone was wondering if she was going to be more feral or rage filled after this event. I know she really seemed ready to not just kill Stryfe, she was going to crush his head into the ground and flatten his entire head.

I think it would be kind of fun if Rachel just calls herself Dark Phoenix as her new codename just to make it quite clear where she stands on using extreme methods going forward.
    I don't. I could take one but I'm traveling so it would take forever to edit and load it properly. Essentially they go through all the characters on the cover/poster as mention the character name and the specific detail for it. The list goes across the top as such:
    1) Warlock
    2) Mr. Sinister
    3) Gateway
    4) Blink (Age of Apocalypse)
    5) Iceman (Age of Apocalypse)
    6) Sikorsky (Starjammers)
    7) Apocalypse
    8) Cable
    9) Toad
    10) Archangel
    11) ??? (See House of X #1)
    12) Dark Phoenix (Rachel Summers)
    13) ??? (See Powers of X #1)
    14) Vulcan
    15) Marvel Girl
    16) Thunderbird
    17) Black King (Emma Frost)
    18) Jubilee
    19) Wolverine (New X-Men)
    20) Cyclops (90's X-Men)
    21) Magneto
    22) Dazzler (70's series)
    23) Storm ('80s Uncanny X-Men)
    24) Firestar
    25) Bishop ('90s X-Men)
    26) Lilandra
    27) ??? (See Powers of X #1)
    28) Wolverine ('80's Uncanny X-Men)
    29) ??? (See Powers of X #1)
    30) Young Storm ('90s Uncanny X-Men)
    31) Wolverine (Weapon X)
    32) Moira MacTaggart
    33) Charles Xavier
    34) Nightcrawler
    35) Beast ('70s Avengers)
    36) X-Baby Havok
    37) Bill the Lobster (Fallen Angels)
    Last edited by Askani's Flame; 07-17-2019 at 12:36 PM.

Incredible Member

Rachel showed Stryfe who's the real boss
    Rachel_vs_Stryfe.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Rachel showed Stryfe who's the real boss
    Rachel_vs_Stryfe.jpg
    It was brilliant. My soul needed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    It was brilliant. My soul needed that.
    Yeah, she was pretty hardcore, she mind whammied him and then I was pretty sure she was crushing his head into the floor too.

Fantastic Member

Yeah, she was pretty hardcore, she mind whammied him and then I was pretty sure she was crushing his head into the floor too.
    Rachel PWND Stryfe like nobody has yet. It was so gratifying to see her crush a big bad like him with ease. I'm pretty happy with the ending. Wish Ray and Nate hugged or something, but really liked that they teamed up to wipe Stryfe's mind, even if it was off-panel.

The Shatterstar apology was also nice.

I have four favorite characters. Of them, Rachel was the only one that had a good showing today, and luckily it was awesome. Way to beat the tar out of Stryfe, Rachel!

Fantastic Member

i also love that now Rachel knows about her role as mother askani in shaping cable's future and her askani followers and her future rebellion against apocalypse. she has a solid purpose now, and a calling that's way different from jean or any other x-telepath. the story potential for her just opened up by a wider margin. just keep the damn phoenix away from her so she can stop being marginalized.
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 07-17-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Fantastic Member

also loved seeing:

- Ray's first interaction with Domino
    - Ray's first interaction with Boom Boom, they've been in narratives together before but Ray actually addresses Boom Boom by name in this issue (it's the little things that thrill me)