Page 9 of 148 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I dont think so. It is not on the list of marvel's priorities but i dont think they will have jean and scott treat her like that. Outside of x-men gold Jean accepted Rachel long ago and i dont think cyclops has ever denied rachel (maybe tyke but not the adult)
    I guess there is one other way they could write her out. Cable goes into 811 and changes the past so the Sentinel War never happens, Rachel stays with her mother and father in that universe and never comes to 616 and she is erased from the 616 timeline entirely. I could actually see them doing that because it really permanently gets her out of the 616 universe.

I am sorry I am being such a downer in this thread, I am just kind of bummed out thinking Marvel is going to write her out of the comics.

don't worry we live in an era where everything not in the 90's cartoon is HATED AND FEARED except for the mucussiah glob, be scared for those you stan, be very scared
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I just want to curl up on my sofa with my Excalibur volume 1 and just remember the days when a writer actually wanted to write about Rachel on a team comic and seemed to like her as a character even.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It's not been a good couple years for Rachel fans, so have some faith. I can be Debbie Downer too but it's to mask my hope that I'm pushing out the worst that could happen so it doesn't.

But yeah, if you're not Glob anything could happen to you.

Mighty Member

Eh, do what I do and use a bad sense of humor to cope.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Eh, do what I do and use a bad sense of humor to cope.
    I am just going to write Rachel Grey fanfiction and pretend I can write better than the Marvel writers.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I am just going to write Rachel Grey fanfiction and pretend I can write better than the Marvel writers.
    Why pretend? You likely would write a more compelling and original story.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I guess there is one other way they could write her out. Cable goes into 811 and changes the past so the Sentinel War never happens, Rachel stays with her mother and father in that universe and never comes to 616 and she is erased from the 616 timeline entirely. I could actually see them doing that because it really permanently gets her out of the 616 universe.
    I don't think Marvel is ever going to discard Rachel permanently. Why would they do that?

maybe they are not very interested on her at the moment but that happens to all characters. I mean it happened to Jean for 14 years.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Marvel is ever going to discard Rachel permanently. Why would they do that?

maybe they are not very interested on her at the moment but that happens to all characters. I mean it happened to Jean for 14 years.
    Comparing a character who is in a lot of Movies, Games and Cartoons to one ho wasnt is not a good comparision. There have been plenty of character who have been permanently retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    Comparing a character who is in a lot of Movies, Games and Cartoons to one ho wasnt is not a good comparision. There have been plenty of character who have been permanently retired.
    yes, many have been permanently retired but Rachel has decades of stories and some valuable connections like Cable, Kitty and yes even Jean and Scott.
    She is not going to be erased.

The only way that could have happened was at the end of Excalibur but not anymore.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-01-2019 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    This is true. Jean was dead but they didnt retire her. She kept being brought up in hte books and her influence was felt. They continued to write storylines that she factored into even if she wasnt there and of course they brought her younger self. Then there's all the AU books with her and her continued use outside the books. Rachel has never had that luxury. When she's gone, she's GONE

Comparing Jean and Rachel status doesn't work because Jean is on a different tier. That doesn't mean Rachel doesn't matter. I mean if you compare other x-men characters with againts Jean, 90% of them dont matter.

Apples and Oranges

I mean you're the one that brought Jean into the equation

I have been reading X-Force to see what happens to Rachel. My headcannon of what should happen is that while X-Force are fighting in Transia someone attacks the high security prison with a strike team wearing Hellfire Club insignia's and when WiFi gets to the prison and in Rachel's cell there is a note that says, "You took too long little boy! Love Emma Frost." I want Emma to rescue Rachel, but I want her to throw shade at Cable at the same time, just because... Have Scott show up at Emma's offices a few weeks later and when he takes a close look at Emma's assistant he realizes it's Rachel. I just want a different kind of storyline for Rachel, pairing her up with Emma is a different way of handling her story, and they actually did get along moderately well after Emma convinced Rachel to allow Emma to teach her. This could skew into a new comic called Hellfire Club or Massachusetts Academy or X-Academy.