Page 90 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 2210
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    If we are counting the bad things then we should count the good things too.
    Jean was very caring of Rachel on X-men Red, not all is bad
    Not saying it is at all, but sadly Extermination was the last time they interacted (or didn't).

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Askani's Flame;4477703]The cover is likely a reflection of the first arc being very Summers family related.

Just curious, is this an assumption, or is there something stated somewhere that leads people to believe this lineup is only for one arc only?

[QUOTE=Tunasammiches;4477797]
    Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    The cover is likely a reflection of the first arc being very Summers family related.

Just curious, is this an assumption, or is there something stated somewhere that leads people to believe this lineup is only for one arc only?
    It's a rotating cast on X-Men. I think the first couple of issues will be Summers/Grey and then they will rotate the roster.

Cyclops is always going to be leader of the rotating team. I am suspecting Rachel will be his main Telepath/Telekinetic because Jean will be going into X-Force and will probably be on X-Men as a rotating member.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=RachelGrey;4477831]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post

It's a rotating cast on X-Men. I think the first couple of issues will be Summers/Grey and then they will rotate the roster.

Cyclops is always going to be leader of the rotating team. I am suspecting Rachel will be his main Telepath/Telekinetic because Jean will be going into X-Force and will probably be on X-Men as a rotating member.
    wait.... so now Rachel is going to be a main part of the team rather than a one arc teammate? so back to my question... is this an assumption or did you guys read somewhere that this is fact? I keep seeing words like "likely" and "suspecting" and "probably" so I'm interpreting this as CBR fan speculation even though posters here are answering my questions like they know facts. does anyone know where it was stated that this line-up is for one arc only?
    Last edited by Tunasammiches; 07-23-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=Tunasammiches;4477840]
    Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post

wait.... so now Rachel is going to be a main part of the team rather than a one arc teammate? so back to my question... is this an assumption or did you guys read somewhere that this is fact? I keep seeing words like "likely" and "suspecting" and "probably" so I'm interpreting this as CBR fan speculation even though posters here are answering my questions like they know facts. does anyone know where it was stated that this line-up is for one arc only?
    It's not. We don't know anything beyond Cyclops being the leader and the book having a rotating cast.

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=loke13;4477864]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    It's not. We don't know anything beyond Cyclops being the leader and the book having a rotating cast.
    Ok cool. so where can I find where Marvel has stated that its a rotating cast? I'm just asking because I haven't seen that officially stated anywhere and am trying to source this information for fact.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You know what will be interesting about X-men? She will be interacting with both Scott and Jean. In her long history, it seems as if she only gets meaningful moments with one of them, but never both together. I think the closest we got was Days of Future Present back in the early 90s. This trio is a dynamic that has never been explored. Throw in Kid Cable and you have so much potential

I wonder what the relationship will be like with Rachel and Jean. Will they be close like Taylor left them off as or will there be tension bc Rachel resents Jean for not doing more for her in her time of need. I would love it if Jean's failure factors in and Rachel stops idolizing her bc the trauma she suffered still mentally affect her. I can see Rachel being affectionate towards Scott bc he just returned from the dead while treating Jean as simply her teammate. They are close enough in age to be sisters and I wouldnt mind seeing Jean work towards making amends and getting back to a better place with her
    I am pretty sure the entire Jean thing would be ignored and I am skeptical on whether she will even interact with Scott and Jean beyond basic level.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I am pretty sure the entire Jean thing would be ignored and I am skeptical on whether she will even interact with Scott and Jean beyond basic level.
    Hickman is writing the book. They're definitely going to interact beyond the basic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Hickman is writing the book. They're definitely going to interact beyond the basic.
    He is a good writer but I dont know how much interest he has in Rachel as a character. Since she will be likely be there for one story arc I dont see him investing too much time developing her

Astonishing Member

He is a good writer but I dont know how much interest he has in Rachel as a character. Since she will be likely be there for one story arc I dont see him investing too much time developing her
    Eh I'm a bit more hopeful than that Scott, Jean, Rachel, and Cable are on a book together in idk how many years Hickman isn't such a oblivious writer that he won't take advantage of that fact. Now will it be towards certain fans satisfactions? Doubtful. I think some people want this to be the Jean, Scott, Cable/Rachel show and I don't think it will.

Although I'll be sadden if proved wrong.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I'm pretty sure Hickman decided to start his X-men book with the Summers family because he has something to say about them, they aren't there at random.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I'm pretty sure Hickman decided to start his X-men book with the Summers family because he has something to say about them, they aren't there at random.
    Considering how Rachel has been written over past decade, I dont have a lot of confidence in her character in the book though I am pretty sure that the book itself would be great

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Considering how Rachel has been written over past decade, I dont have a lot of confidence in her character in the book though I am pretty sure that the book itself would be great
    I'd say the past few writer's have been poor, and I'm not giving Brisson a pass for the last two issues of X-Force. I like Bunn, Aaron, and Wood writing her. Bendis disliked her character immensely so avoided writing her if all possible. Guggenheim was aweful even though he claimed to love her. Brisson, Rosenberg, and Taylor all followed the "rachel is a powerful-yet-weak tp". I am weary but given the amount of work and thought Hickman has put into creating this new world for the X-Men, I think he will write her with some dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd say the past few writer's have been poor, and I'm not giving Brisson a pass for the last two issues of X-Force. I like Bunn, Aaron, and Wood writing her. Bendis disliked her character immensely so avoided writing her if all possible. Guggenheim was aweful even though he claimed to love her. Brisson, Rosenberg, and Taylor all followed the "rachel is a powerful-yet-weak tp". I am weary but given the amount of work and thought Hickman has put into creating this new world for the X-Men, I think he will write her with some dignity.
    I was pleasantly surprised to see the Summers/Grey family on the first cover and Rachel is right in front. I feel like they are being presented as part of the new direction as a core family.

Disregarding Gold, this will be the first time since Claremont's introduction of her in the 616 that she will be featured as a regular cast member of the flagship title. Thats huge for her and will likely lead to good things in her future