Page 91 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 2210
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Disregarding Gold, this will be the first time since Claremont's introduction of her in the 616 that she will be featured as a regular cast member of the flagship title. Thats huge for her and will likely lead to good things in her future
    Would you say Astonishing was the flagship when Rachel was back in Uncanny pre-M Day? I felt that it was still the flagship even if Cyclops and others were featured elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Would you say Astonishing was the flagship when Rachel was back in Uncanny pre-M Day? I felt that it was still the flagship even if Cyclops and others were featured elsewhere.
    Astonishing was most definitely the flagship. That book and its cast were the one getting the heavy promotion and push by Marvel. Marvel defined it as such in the original writeup of it

Dream-team creators Joss Whedon (TV's Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and John Cassaday (Planetary, Captain America) present the explosive flagship X-Men series - marking a return to classic greatness and the beginning of a brand-new era for the X-Men! Cyclops and Emma Frost re-form the X-Men with the express purpose of "astonishing" the world. But when breaking news regarding the mutant gene unexpectedly hits the airwaves, will it derail their new plans before they even get started?

Incredible Member

Just curious, the original Excalibur team was Rachel's idea, does anyone think she should have been on the new Excalibur line-up?

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    Just curious, the original Excalibur team was Rachel's idea, does anyone think she should have been on the new Excalibur line-up?
    No. This is a new team with a new concept. It only shares the same name and a Captain Britain, but not the original. She'd fit over there but she's definitely not needed. X-men has more potential for her

Incredible Member

No. This is a new team with a new concept. It only shares the same name and a Captain Britain, but not the original. She'd fit over there but she's definitely not needed. X-men has more potential for her
    I really doubt she will be doing a whole lot in X-Men since she will only be on team for a single story arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    I really doubt she will be doing a whole lot in X-Men since she will only be on team for a single story arc.
    Where was it stated that she was there for one arc? I dont think thats been confirmed

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

How old is Rachel?
    She is not old but i have always see her older than Laura who seems to be on her 20s
    my headcanon is 21 or 22

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    How old is Rachel?
    She is not old but i have always see her older than Laura who seems to be on her 20s
    my headcanon is 21 or 22
    Laura is 21. That was revealed in ANW. Rachel must be older than Kitty, who is about 23. Rachel should probably be like 25 but Marvel doesnt like to age their characters so I think 23/24 would feel more right

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Laura being 21 makes zero sense. She seemed the same age as the NXM gang, or the O5 when they arrived.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Laura being 21 makes zero sense. She seemed the same age as the NXM gang, or the O5 when they arrived.
    I know, Laura should still be a teen between 17 or 18 max.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Nah, she seemed slightly older than the O5, whom were about 15-18. Laura was probably 18 when she joined them. I do agree that 21 seems too old as she should be 19 at most IMO

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    I'd say the past few writer's have been poor, and I'm not giving Brisson a pass for the last two issues of X-Force. I like Bunn, Aaron, and Wood writing her. Bendis disliked her character immensely so avoided writing her if all possible. Guggenheim was aweful even though he claimed to love her. Brisson, Rosenberg, and Taylor all followed the "rachel is a powerful-yet-weak tp". I am weary but given the amount of work and thought Hickman has put into creating this new world for the X-Men, I think he will write her with some dignity.
    Oof I almost agree with all that but I did not like the way Wood wrote her. She was a downright bitch to Storm for no reason at all for the entire series, he let Maddie whup her ass, and he never showed her in any sort of position of strength. The angle it’s her dynamic with Sublime, whatever that was, was confusing and also seemed unnecessary. Rachel really did nothing in that series. Monet did more and she was introduced halfway through. The only time I liked Rachel’s characterization in that series was the end when Kelly Thompson wrote her.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by raidensix View Post
    No I think it’s time for new ideas for Rachel.

Incredible Member

Where was it stated that she was there for one arc? I dont think thats been confirmed
    There is a rotational cast with dozens of potential cast members. Odds of her being present for more than one are pretty low. I dont think even Jean will be in for more than one arc and we know Hickman actually does like her

Incredible Member

Laura is 21. That was revealed in ANW. Rachel must be older than Kitty, who is about 23. Rachel should probably be like 25 but Marvel doesnt like to age their characters so I think 23/24 would feel more right
    She should be same age as Kitty as she basically skipped ahead a few years after Excalibur.