Page 92 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2210

Quote Originally Posted by Vaishakh View Post
    There is a rotational cast with dozens of potential cast members. Odds of her being present for more than one are pretty low. I dont think even Jean will be in for more than one arc and we know Hickman actually does like her
    Yeah that doesnt confirm that Rachel will be gone after the first arc

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Yeah that doesnt confirm that Rachel will be gone after the first arc
    There has been no confirmation but in the first story arc she is the least well known character in main cast(Vulcan and Corsair are not in main cast) and I really doubt she will stay over for more than one arc over Wolverine or Jean.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I think she has chances to stay long. Cyclops will always need a telepath, betsy is on excalibur, Emma is on the marauders and their relationships seems very complicated now, same with Jean she is on x-force and who knows what is her status with Scott (it looks like it is good but no confirmation), Cable's powers barely exist, so Rachel seems like the easiest and obvious choice

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I think she has chances to stay long. Cyclops will always need a telepath, betsy is on excalibur, Emma is on the marauders and their relationships seems very complicated now, same with Jean she is on x-force and who knows what is her status with Scott (it looks like it is good but no confirmation), Cable's powers barely exist, so Rachel seems like the easiest and obvious choice
    That's what I think as well. I think Jean will show up on the rotation, but Jean's regular book is going to be X-Force. Rachel will probably be Scott's regular telepath. I love that though, I knew the chance of Rachel and Jean being on the same book indefinitely was never going to happen because they have similar powersets, but this way Rachel stays on her Dad's team and she gets to interact with her Mom more often because Jean will probably join them from time to time on missions. Cable will probably join with them for missions occasionally too, depending on how far away from base the Fallen Angels takes him.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

There has been no confirmation but in the first story arc she is the least well known character in main cast(Vulcan and Corsair are not in main cast) and I really doubt she will stay over for more than one arc over Wolverine or Jean.
    You think that Kid Cable/Wi-Fi is more well known than Rachel?? He's been around for 10 months, I totally disagree with that. And given that both Jean and Logan have their own book I don't see them staying longer than Rachel.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    Agreed. If Jean is a requirement for X-Force (which who knows given they also have QQ), I would agree it would behoove Scott to have a telepath with him. And if they are going into space to deal with Vulcan, Rachel has been shown to be able to send her astral form across universes, so it is a good ability for someone to have. And yes, Nate's powers are supremely hampered right now with the TO virus. So he's functioning at like 35%.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    That's what I think as well. I think Jean will show up on the rotation, but Jean's regular book is going to be X-Force. Rachel will probably be Scott's regular telepath. I love that though, I knew the chance of Rachel and Jean being on the same book indefinitely was never going to happen because they have similar powersets, but this way Rachel stays on her Dad's team and she gets to interact with her Mom more often because Jean will probably join them from time to time on missions. Cable will probably join with them for missions occasionally too, depending on how far away from base the Fallen Angels takes him.
    Yeah, Nate will primarily be in Fallen Angels, Jean and Logan will primarily be in X-Force. It will be a good thing if Rachel is given the opportunity to stay with Scott. I am highly looking forward to this Summers Reunion, especially to see Jean-Rachel-Scott-Cable acting like a family (of sorts). I hope she doesn't fall into a "Mom" "Dad" thing with them, only as she is far too old and that's not their relationships really. In the moment of like someone getting hurt, sure.

Also I'm interested in seeing Rachel ACTUALLY interact with Corsair. They have been in the same books 2 times now (Excalibur cross-over and RAFTOSE) but have never spoken to each other of their relation. Again, weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    You think that Kid Cable/Wi-Fi is more well known than Rachel?? He's been around for 10 months, I totally disagree with that. And given that both Jean and Logan have their own book I don't see them staying longer than Rachel.
    Kid Cable IS Cable, so yeah he is well known.

He is going to be a regular in Fallen Angels so he isn't going anywhere soon. I imagine if any of these books struggle at minimum they will get a 6 to 8 issue run because they usually pre-write issues in advance so it takes them a bit before the cancellation takes effect and they usually wrap up the current story. Marvel has always been really good at wrapping up the story for cancellation. DC sometimes just cancels books without finishing the story.

I think Cable will pop up in X-Force and X-Men occasionally to interact with his Mom and Dad and his sister Rachel. I hope they keep the emphasis on how important Rachel is to him, I would love that if there is a bit of little brother awe for his big sister. She did take out the entire enemy base practically by herself at the end of X-Force and he seemed pretty happy that he had her back.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

I disagree. They maybe the same character in name, but they are completely different in terms of who is more known. That's like saying Jeen is more well known than Jean, even if they are the same character.

Incredible Member

I was saying Cable is more well known but not Kid Cable though but still the imagery and name recognition would be higher for Wifi than for Rachel. Either way she is on bottom end of popularity on the team and with rotating cast, it is very unlikely that her role would be maintained.
    I hope for Rachel to be there for more than one arc but I dont expect that to be the case.

I disagree. They maybe the same character in name, but they are completely different in terms of who is more known. That's like saying Jeen is more well known than Jean, even if they are the same character.
    No, I never said that Kid Cable is more well known than Cable. He IS more well known than Rachel (thats what you were originally disputing) just like Teen Jean is more well known than Rachel bc both are Cable and Jean, respectively

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    You do realise that there are other telepaths in roster including Psylocke, Captain Britain and QQ(who is apparently stronger than Rachel). So she is not really needed in the team

You do realise that there are other telepaths in roster including Psylocke, Captain Britain and QQ(who is apparently stronger than Rachel). So she is not really needed in the team
    All those characters like Jean and Cable have permanent homes elsewhere which was the point that was being made

Incredible Member

All those characters like Jean and Cable have permanent homes elsewhere which was the point that was being made
    Pretty sure they are perfectly capable of being on more than one book at a time

Pretty sure they are perfectly capable of being on more than one book at a time
    You’re missing the point. We obviously know they can be in more than 1 book. That’s already happening when they launched

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Rotating cast aside, I do hope Rachel is one of the "regulars" in X-Men.
    She's always been one of my faves since I saw her in New Mutants #18 and throughout UXM and especially, Excalibur.