Page 94 of 128 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 1912
  1. #1396
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I kinda wish she would show up on Fallen Angels. Wifi was let off too easy for killing Cable. Hope is not as forgiving.
    Seriously... I'm out of the loop. Who is this Wifi I keep hearing about?

  2. #1397
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Seriously... I'm out of the loop. Who is this Wifi I keep hearing about?
    Younger Cable from Extermination.
    "Cable was right!"

  3. #1398
    Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,429

    Default

    I don't think Rachel has a problem with Kid Cable, or Jean. Kid Cable killed Cable but that was more like the path Brisson choose to make Cable a kid again and nothing more. Nobody in universe seems to remember that.

    Or maybe they just act like it is something between Cable and himself. Kid Cable points that he knows he is going to kill himself one day. So that wasn't conventional murder, how does anybody judge Cable for killing himself?
    My opinions are my own
    Sometimes I can express negative opinions about certain topics but It is never my intention to offend you.

  4. #1399
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Younger Cable from Extermination.
    Really, teen Nathan is calling himself Wifi? OMG!

  5. #1400
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Really, teen Nathan is calling himself Wifi? OMG!
    No. The anti-Young Cable guys here made it a meme.
    "Cable was right!"

  6. #1401
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    No. The anti-Young Cable guys here made it a meme.
    Okay, that makes more sense... I can ignore it then

  7. #1402
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I don't think Rachel has a problem with Kid Cable, or Jean. Kid Cable killed Cable but that was more like the path Brisson choose to make Cable a kid again and nothing more. Nobody in universe seems to remember that.

    Or maybe they just act like it is something between Cable and himself. Kid Cable points that he knows he is going to kill himself one day. So that wasn't conventional murder, how does anybody judge Cable for killing himself?
    True. Jean and Rachel have already accepted him as Nathan, because he is. So they can't even be mad at him. And neither can Hope. Yes he killed her dad, but that can basically be considered suicide on Nathan's part, since he made the decision to kill himself as an adult when he was a teenager. I could understand Hope wanting to kill him if he was alternate Cable, but he isn't, he's the same man who'll grow into her dad someday. So why people even think she'll get revenge on her own dad, is silly.

  8. #1403
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    True. Jean and Rachel have already accepted him as Nathan, because he is. So they can't even be mad at him. And neither can Hope. Yes he killed her dad, but that can basically be considered suicide on Nathan's part, since he made the decision to kill himself as an adult when he was a teenager. I could understand Hope wanting to kill him if he was alternate Cable, but he isn't, he's the same man who'll grow into her dad someday. So why people even think she'll get revenge on her own dad, is silly.
    Isn't it a good thing that Hope and Nathan aren't genetically related isn't it?

  9. #1404
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shreene View Post
    Isn't it a good thing that Hope and Nathan aren't genetically related isn't it?
    Yeah but still, killing Young Nate, might not erase her but it'll definitely change her entire life for worse, heck she might even end up dead.

  10. #1405
    Extraordinary Member Tycon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    9,779

    Default

    Technically, it most likely would erase her. Without Cable, the Purifiers would've burned her up with the rest of her hometown.

  11. #1406
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    True. Jean and Rachel have already accepted him as Nathan, because he is. So they can't even be mad at him. And neither can Hope. Yes he killed her dad, but that can basically be considered suicide on Nathan's part, since he made the decision to kill himself as an adult when he was a teenager. I could understand Hope wanting to kill him if he was alternate Cable, but he isn't, he's the same man who'll grow into her dad someday. So why people even think she'll get revenge on her own dad, is silly.
    I find it interesting that Rachel accepted and knew who Nate was based on them never interacting in Extermination. Here she is about to kill Stryfe and some dude who looks like a younger version of her brother comes up and tried to talk her down. How would she know who he was? My only thought was that she learned of who he was from Ahab during Extermination when she was a mute hound and remembered that, but all of that context doesn't exist on panel. I would have liked to have seen that play out in the middle of her breaking Stryfe TBH. It would have been more compelling.

  12. #1407
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    True. Jean and Rachel have already accepted him as Nathan, because he is. So they can't even be mad at him. And neither can Hope. Yes he killed her dad, but that can basically be considered suicide on Nathan's part, since he made the decision to kill himself as an adult when he was a teenager. I could understand Hope wanting to kill him if he was alternate Cable, but he isn't, he's the same man who'll grow into her dad someday. So why people even think she'll get revenge on her own dad, is silly.
    Hope can be mad at Kid Cable and she should. Hope means nothing to him so when they come face to face, I can see him being dismissive towards her. He wouldnt have the affection towards her that he has for Rachel and Jean (since they were apart of his childhood), which made accepting him easier. Hope is very much like him, and she'll likely be aggressive and stubborn as well. Kid Cable is not the father that raised her
    Last edited by Havok83; 08-07-2019 at 08:49 AM.

  13. #1408

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope can be mad at Kid Cable and she should. Hope means nothing to him so when they come face to face, I can see him being dismissive towards her. He wouldnt have the affection towards her that he has for Rachel and Jean (since they were apart of his child), which made accepting him easier. Hope is very much like him, and she'll likely be aggressive stubborn as well. Kid Cable is not the father that raised her
    yeah, I get the feeling Kid Cable kind of idolizes Rachel since she isn't just his sister, but also a religious icon from his time period. I hope we get some family discussion in X-Men after HoX/PoX ends. I don't think the family will get much during the event since it seems like HoX/PoX is more about the story foundation and world building and preparing for what comes after.

  14. #1409
    Super Member GSman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Where you least expect
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Hope can be mad at Kid Cable and she should. Hope means nothing to him so when they come face to face, I can see him being dismissive towards her. He wouldnt have the affection towards her that he has for Rachel and Jean (since they were apart of his childhood), which made accepting him easier. Hope is very much like him, and she'll likely be aggressive and stubborn as well. Kid Cable is not the father that raised her
    Jean and Rachel have accepted him because they know why he's had to do the things he's done. But with Hope, I can't really see why she has to be mad at him about. He's the guy who'll become her father, making him the man who raised her. Not an Alternate version like OML was to Laura, or a clone like Maddie, but the exact same man, who just hasn't done it, yet. So if she's mad at Kid Cable, she should be mad at OG Cable, since he, if young Nathan isn't mindwiped, had knowledge he was going to die by his own hands.

  15. #1410
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    14,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSman View Post
    Jean and Rachel have accepted him because they know why he's had to do the things he's done. But with Hope, I can't really see why she has to be mad at him about. He's the guy who'll become her father, making him the man who raised her. Not an Alternate version like OML was to Laura, or a clone like Maddie, but the exact same man, who just hasn't done it, yet. So if she's mad at Kid Cable, she should be mad at OG Cable, since he, if young Nathan isn't mindwiped, had knowledge he was going to die by his own hands.
    Jean accepts him bc he's her son, only a few years older than when she was forced to leave him. With Rachel, he rescued her, which likely garnered major brownie points no one else in her family or her close friends were around. Its not the same thing with Hope. We know her personality type. She was pissed and angry at Cyclops and he had nothing to do with Cable's death. She was quite aggressive and attacked Jean in Exterminated. She's not over the death and it would be completely in character for her to be mad at Kid Cable. Do you really think Kid Cable is going to be apologetic and embrace her? She means nothing to him and I see him being dismissive and cold , which in turn would feed into her emotions and make her be even more fired up

    As for your last statement, thats not necessarily true and in fact cant be. Cable did not know that Jean and Scott were the people that raised him until 10 years after he came to present day. Kid Cable has alot of knowledge that he shouldnt. Either he is an AR Cable or OG Cable gets mindwiped and forgets his time in present day.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •