Page 98 of 148 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2210

Rachel in X-Men 1 and 2 before

Knew it was too good to be true...

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

I don't like that the cast will rotate that much. But even if Ray won't appear much I'm grateful that she will be there instead of limbo and that her connection with her extended family was recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by ClanAskani View Post
    Knew it was too good to be true...
    Well I guess we get a little bit of Rachel in X-Men, it's probably when Rachel, Cable, and X-Force all return to the present day from the future. Then she appears in X-Men #2 for one team issue, and then I guess she is sidelined again indefinitely.

How do people feel about her joining the New Mutants? There will be a secondary team with characters that have never been members. With the team in space and interacting with the Starjammers, it would be a chance to have Rachel interact with that group again and actually have some stuff with her grandfather. Considering Hickman is writing the first two issues of it, and Corsair will be in X-men, maybe that is to set Rachel up to be in NM

I'd like Rachel as the star of a sci-fi oriented Exiles relaunch. But I imagine most fans would prefer her to stay on 616 Earth.

Spectacular Member

Rachel is more suited to X-calibur if they can't let her in X-Men. By the way I'm happy for Polaris but sad for Ray.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd like Rachel as the star of a sci-fi oriented Exiles relaunch. But I imagine most fans would prefer her to stay on 616 Earth.
    Honestly, I agree with you, I think Rachel would be fine joining the Exiles as their team telepath/telekinetic. Also, with her cronoskimming she could be one of the members who could cross universes without a portal.

So ... we go back to the beginning, Rachel's story is always about ups and downs, now it's another downhill, let's wait these months to see what happens, right now I'm sad, I thought this would revolve around to the Summers clan, I was wrong ...

Fallen Angels would also be a good home. She and Kwannon share something in common in being used as puppets and having their agency taken from them. Her brother Nathan will be there so it would give her a connection and she and X-23 previously teamed up in the Red annual

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    To me, what I care about his her connection to her family and friends and stories like that i couldn't care less about.

Fantastic Member

To me, what I care about his her connection to her family and friends and stories like that i couldn't care less about.
    Agreed. Her family and relationship ties need to be explored more, not less.

I also agree. Traveling to space or fighting villains are things superheros do all the time but relationships are very character specific.
    I would like to read more about that.
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 08-29-2019 at 04:58 PM.

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Well I guess we get a little bit of Rachel in X-Men, it's probably when Rachel, Cable, and X-Force all return to the present day from the future. Then she appears in X-Men #2 for one team issue, and then I guess she is sidelined again indefinitely.
    Stop. You're wrong, for one, about the timing as they likely arrived back the same time when everyone returned from Age of X-Man. We also don't know what like X-Men takes place in yet (Ten or Eleven). I'm glad she's appearing in the X-Men and they are showing her family connections. But I doubt she's sidelined indefinitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    How do people feel about her joining the New Mutants? There will be a secondary team with characters that have never been members. With the team in space and interacting with the Starjammers, it would be a chance to have Rachel interact with that group again and actually have some stuff with her grandfather. Considering Hickman is writing the first two issues of it, and Corsair will be in X-men, maybe that is to set Rachel up to be in NM
    I would be down for her being with the New Mutants for a multitude of reasons:
    1) They are her age and people she connected with when she first arrived in 616
    2) It connects her back with the Starjammers and maybe would force a conversation with Corsair (who, like Hope and X-Man, she has never had a conversation with on panel ever). Being a former member of the Starjammers she has a strong connection there.
    3) She has flourished when she was in space before. I think that because the whole Second Coming Trilogy was happening fans were upset Alex, Ray, and Lorna were away from the action and story.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Fallen Angels would also be a good home. She and Kwannon share something in common in being used as puppets and having their agency taken from them. Her brother Nathan will be there so it would give her a connection and she and X-23 previously teamed up in the Red annual
    Agreed. She, Kwannon, and Laura all have the experiences of being trained to kill and used and abused. In particular Laura. They bonded a little bit back when she first joined the X-Men and was in the "Fang" outfit (but Rachel became a dino so yeah). And it would be good to have Ray and Nate actually have panel time that explores their relationship (which we didn't get after everything that happened in X-Force).

I agree and some of the lines could foster those depending on focus and characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tunasammiches View Post
    Agreed. Her family and relationship ties need to be explored more, not less.
    Yup. But I don't think there is any interest in developing anything more with Jean on their end.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    I also agree. Traveling to space or fighting villains are things superheros do all the time but relationships are very character specific.
    I would like to read more about that.
    Yeah, those things can happen but you need the interpersonal developments to drive stories and characters forward. that's why I'm a huge proponent of the single issue stories that are character driven and resolve lingering plot items to move things along.

I think it is important to point that he said that the first issue had lot of action for Ororo, Magneto and Polaris and then the Summers clan stuff starts.
    I don't think she will appear only on 2 issues, because this book has a lot of Cyclops focus and his family will be part of hit. Sure the roster changes but I believe she will get more than others, not a whole lot but not nothing.