Page 42 of 105 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    So you're saying that Emiko's been lumbered with the same role as Kori before the roster and creative team changes? She was the mother hen too.
    Well, at least I think it worked there since she was the oldest and, ostensibly, the longest-serving Titan by whatever metric of continuity we have right now.

Astonishing Member

So you're saying that Emiko's been lumbered with the same role as Kori before the roster and creative team changes? She was the mother hen too.
    The problem with Starfire being team mom was that she never really called out Damian(the only ones who bothered to call him out were BB,Raven and KF) when she should have. Emiko as 'team mom' goes along with all of Damian's shady antics like keeping a prison full of supervillains.

Can't be an effective team mom if you don't put your foot down at some point and stop your teammates from doing stupid things that will obviously screw everyone over.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Most of them have grown on me. I've always loved Damian. I love Djinn. I like Crush. I tolerate Emiko (honestly, she should be leading this team. More often than not, she's the only one with an ounce of sense). But I really don't like Roundhouse and Wallace. And I'm just...not a big fan of the general direction this team's been going in. I don't hate it...anymore...but if this is the beginning of the end, you wouldn't hear me complaining.
    I think Roundhouse is there to create problems and for comic relief. I think Glass intends for him to be annoying.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I think Roundhouse is there to create problems and for comic relief. I think Glass intends for him to be annoying.
    He is the beastboy of the team, but I am also not fond of him.

This team is pretty much an updated version of the wolfman team; i wasn’t aware that power girl killed herself. But this team seems to have their own issues- emiko doesn’t trust d’jinn, for whatever reason- and i’m wondering why damian’s so hell bent on going after deathstroke. And what exactly is roundhouse, anyway?
    Last edited by protege; 03-26-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    This team is pretty much an updated version of the wolfman team; i wasn’t aware that power girl killed herself. But this team seems to have their own issues- emiko doesn’t trust d’jinn, for whatever reason- and i’m wondering why damian’s so hell bent on going after deathstroke. And what exactly is roundhouse, anyway?
    Tanya actually didn't die. She's in some other dimension trying to rescue the original Power Girl. And she's trapped there because Kid Flash is kind of an idiot and thought she died.

On another note, I also wonder what the full extent of Roundhouse's powers are. "Turning into a ball" feels like it's only scratching the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Yeah that's definitely the intent. Doesn't stop me from hating him though. Like someone else said he is, it's true that he's filling the same role Gar did (right down to him using humor and playing dumb to mask deep emotional trauma) and yet I can't ever find myself feeling anything other than an immense dislike for him. Could be because he basically has the same shtick as Gar. Could be because he's not anywhere near as amusing or endearing. Could be because this whole team is almost completely lacking in any decent chemistry. Either way, Beast Boy's one of my favorite superheroes ever, while Roundhouse is easily one of my least favorites.

I am really trying to be fair to this team though. Most of my other opinions on them have changed over time, even if I'm still not particularly fond of this run as a whole. I love Djinn. Even Crush won me over and I thought I'd hate her the most. Emiko...I still don't really care for her but I appreciate her being the most level-headed one on this team. Billy and Wallace, though...I'd be so happy if they both just went away. Billy's a nuisance and Wallace is just...dull to the point where his mere presence either bores or annoys me, depending on if he's in one of his whiny fits.

Detective Comics #1000:

More evidence that 1960s and 1980s Teen Titans are both back in continuity.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 03-28-2019 at 06:23 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Detective Comics #1000:

Adfirm that something is in canon or not is really hard by now.
    Continuity at DC is totally a mess.
    Anyway love this panel and love that in flashbacks Dick is back in his former Robin suit with short pants and pan boots.

Detective Comics #1000:

I'm glad to see Dick's romance with Starfire get acknowledged.

Outside other media the relationship never seems as highly regarded or referenced as much, especially compared to Dick/Babs.

Also, the retro costumes still look snazzy .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Outside other media the relationship never seems as highly regarded or referenced as much, especially compared to Dick/Babs.
    They are together in the Teen Titans cartoon, The Titans series and the main universe of the animated movies.

I can only remember Dick/Babs being a thing in the Batman Animated Series and that relationship was a mess. Recently Dick/Babs only have Young Justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    They are together in the Teen Titans cartoon, The Titans series and the main universe of the animated movies.

I can only remember Dick/Babs being a thing in the Batman Animated Series and that relationship was a mess. Recently Dick/Babs only have Young Justice.
    That's why I said other media.

In the comics Dick/Babs is pretty much the dominant relationship.

Detective Comics #1000:

The 1960's TT has been back in cannon as of the resolution of Titans Hunt. (It was always there and they were mindwiped to forget it).

The 1980's TT is still questionable. The current Terminus Agenda puts the 60's Titans in the place of the 80's Titans for the death of Ravager, and there's still the issue of Cyborg being a JLA founder. BUT that doesn't preclude Dick having a romance with Kory during the "I forgot there was a Teen Titans" years.
    And of course, all DC continuity is a bloody mess right now, and could all be changed again after Doomsday Clock...so there's that.

That's why I said other media.

Oh, you right! I got it wrong, my bad.

Much prefer it that way. I always though the Kory/Dick relationship diminished both characters.

Peace