Page 62 of 105 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think Karen's had some surprisingly good looks over the years (both in and out of comics) .
    I was just thinking about that, she has some kickass costumes. Easily in the top 10 best dressed Titans.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    I never thought we'd even get one. Regardless of the quality of the show I'm still excited by seeing Dick Grayson in a Robin costume in live-action. It's been a long time since Burt Ward did it. And Titans' Donna Troy is a dream come true.

Now I'm greedy and want the whole team.
    Donna is easily the best part of Titans to me. I don't understand how the show can mess evrything else up but nail her characterization when comics keep getting it wrong.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Donna is easily the best part of Titans to me. I don't understand how the show can mess evrything else up but nail her characterization when comics keep getting it wrong.
    Maybe it helped that she was a guest star ?

Guest stars really shouldn't outshine the main plot.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    That was awesome! Always loved that look for Karen. Also why doesnt Bumblebee have an appreciation thread yet?
    Because DC does NOTHING with her.

DC's first black female heroine and look how they treat her.

ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post

ESPECIALLY when you see Riri, Moon Girl & Shuri. If they can be around and have books-why can't Karen? IF there was a time to invest in females of color-NOW is that time.
    That's never been a reason for a lack of an Appreciation Thread .

Probably be good to do a Bumblbee-based DC Zoom or Ink novel .

Astonishing Member

Bumblebee's problem is that DC hasn't given her a personality in the few comics where she does show up.

DC has a problem with black female characters in general. Bumblebee and Steel has the same problem, they were just there to fill out rosters and didn't have much going on in their most recent appearances.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

She wasn't. She was only listed as a guest star in the first season because of the fact that she was only appearing in a few episodes. She was always intended to join the main cast.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Extraordinary Member

Those book have really low sales on the direct market. And Karen doesn't even has any legacy connection to prop up the sales.
    And honestly being the first female black character doesn't mean much, when most of the appearances of the character are so minor that doesn't even really has an established personality or any stories.
    I think the Rebirth Titans has afaik been her by far biggest appearance so far.

That she is kind of a knock off of Wasp also doesn't help.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bumblebee's problem is that DC hasn't given her a personality in the few comics where she does show up.

DC has a problem with black female characters in general. Bumblebee and Steel has the same problem, they were just there to fill out rosters and didn't have much going on in their most recent appearances.
    Teen Lantern in YJ can be interesting and dont seem to be only a fill up...

Vixen is also nice and Icon seems to have a good role in the DC Animation Series YJ..

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

I feel the need to diversify this thread, Tv show, former Titans, actual teen Titans... It’s a mess and hard to follow.
    Anyway...
    Just finished reading Terminus agenda. Great story with a lot of ideas that could be developed in the future.
    My problem with it is always the cast. Emiko and Kid Falsh are the only two I would save from N52 eras but the new ones still are anonymous to me. And then there’s Damian... Robin has always been my favorite character but with Damian, I can’t stand him.
    I’m tired of plots centered on him hiding plans to others teammates, bored of the know it all brat.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I feel the need to diversify this thread, Tv show, former Titans, actual teen Titans... It’s a mess and hard to follow.
    Anyway...
    Just finished reading Terminus agenda. Great story with a lot of ideas that could be developed in the future.
    My problem with it is always the cast. Emiko and Kid Falsh are the only two I would save from N52 eras but the new ones still are anonymous to me. And then there’s Damian... Robin has always been my favorite character but with Damian, I can’t stand him.
    I’m tired of plots centered on him hiding plans to others teammates, bored of the know it all brat.
    I'll be surprised if Crush, Djin and Roundhouse actually show up after this run is finished. It was necessary to give Damian his own generation but I doubt that those three have staying power. The most unbelievable thing is that Damian managed to alienate his teammates again and this team was specifically designed for him. I think that Damian works better as part of a duo instead of a leader or member of a team.

Jeremy Whitley even pitched one a few years ago. It was turned down, and Marvel, not knowing about it, then coincidentally offered him Unstoppable Wasp.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I'll be surprised if Crush, Djin and Roundhouse actually show up after this run is finished. It was necessary to give Damian his own generation but I doubt that those three have staying power.
    Depends probably on if the writer will stay arround and use them in other books, but usually new additions to team books fade quickly into obscurity (that happens even with Justice Leaguers).

Beast Bay, Raven, Starfire and Cyborg are really an exception when it comes to that.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Those book have really low sales on the direct market. And Karen doesn't even has any legacy connection to prop up the sales.
    And honestly being the first female black character doesn't mean much, when most of the appearances of the character are so minor that doesn't even really has an established personality or any stories.
    I think the Rebirth Titans has afaik been her by far biggest appearance so far.

That she is kind of a knock off of Wasp also doesn't help.
    I don't see books with low sales as a bad thing. At least those characters are getting stories on their own and having their own material. If Shuri is gaining interest people can just walk into a store snd buy her trades if they're looking for something to read. Not to mention they can also buy BP stuff. The same can't be said with Karen.

Her being a knockoff isn't even hurting her. She's loved in the TT and YJ shows. Plus Rebirth got rid of her suit powers and made her an actual meta which I prefer.