Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1570
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Yeah. Is like put them in prison..

IS THE COMICS WORLD the writers will want to use them again and someone or something will force them to return to the evil ways.
    And that's the sticky point for me.

Kill the villains, and they'll get resurrected the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Put them in jail (or Arkham) and they'll get busted out the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Exile them to the Phantom Zone or Speed Force or whatever, and they'll get out the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.
    Redeem them to become heroes (or just civilians) and they'll return to villainy the hot second a new writer wants to use them again.

*NO* solution works, long-term.

And, that being the case, is it really fair to blame the hero implementing that 'flawed' solution?

They are trapped in an unwinnable scenario where no matter what they do, the next writer is going to bring back the 'cool' villains anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's been proven time and again that brainwashing villains to make them good doesn't work in the long term.
    Although I don't think Identity Crisis is still in-continuity (thankfully) so I guess they don't have an in-universe example to go off of .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    It's been proven time and again that brainwashing villains to make them good doesn't work in the long term.
    What about Donna Troy?

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    What about Donna Troy?
    The exception to the rule and if her evil future self is any indication, it won't stop her from going evil eventually.

Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

https://twitter.com/Artgerm/status/1187754131747987459
    Day 25 - Starfire. Actually I’m working on something official with starfire and raven right now. Take this one as a prelude.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Artgerm has announced that he's doing Kori and Raven art - since Raven is currently limboed, he may have just accidentally revealed a Teen Titans relaunch?

Its not a bad looks or style, but it just doesn't feel like Starfire.

Artgerm's art suffers from same face. He did a lot of Supergirl (variant covers for most issues of the Rebirth run, until it was temporarily cancelled when Bendis took over Superman), but compare those to other characters and they'll look similar. That's probably why you're not seeing Kori here.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Its not a bad looks or style, but it just doesn't feel like Starfire.
    It's anime-esque. It feels like some shoujo starfire.A starfire nonetheless.

I kind of miss this costume. Feels short-lived.

Amazing Member

Okay... I might get in trouble for saying this... but I really hate when artists give Kory pupils. She has some very distinct character design traits and that is one. I understand why they did it for the cartoon in the early 2000's (I don't agree with them doing it, but I sort of got why they did), but I really can't stand it when comic book/graphic novel artists do it. She's an alien, she was designed as an alien and the pupils were one indication of that. (I also don't like the straight/wavy hair versions, but I can live with them). IMHO, the pupil thing is just lazy on the artist's part. George Perez, Eduardo Barreto and Tom Grummett were all able to draw her and give an indication of where she was looking without the pupils. Other artists should be able to do so as well.

Also showing a little leg .

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marilee View Post
    Okay... I might get in trouble for saying this... but I really hate when artists give Kory pupils. She has some very distinct character design traits and that is one. I understand why they did it for the cartoon in the early 2000's (I don't agree with them doing it, but I sort of got why they did), but I really can't stand it when comic book/graphic novel artists do it. She's an alien, she was designed as an alien and the pupils were one indication of that. (I also don't like the straight/wavy hair versions, but I can live with them). IMHO, the pupil thing is just lazy on the artist's part. George Perez, Eduardo Barreto and Tom Grummett were all able to draw her and give an indication of where she was looking without the pupils. Other artists should be able to do so as well.
    I just hate her post NTT design, period. Don't like the straight hair or the pupils.

She probably had big curls originally because that was fashionable in the 70s and 80s. But in the 90s up to now, it hasn't been. The straight hair was an attempt to modernise her. Her hairstyle never had anything to do with her alien physiology. It's her eyes and skin colour that make her look different to humans.

This looks really cool, I really like it.

Like it was said before, Kory's draw didn't really feel like she was Kory, but nonetheless it's a really good draw too.