Page 76 of 105 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1570
    Mighty Member

Gar, for sure, is the Wolfman run, but I loved a lot of what Johns did with the character in his Teen Titans run and one of my absolute favorite Gar moments comes from one of the arcs in the JT Krul run right before Flashpoint which introduced Solstice.

Raven, I've honestly had much more trouble with. I loved her in the cartoons, but the comics versions have never lived up to her awesomeness there. I don't know why but it has never come across quite the same way. I did like Loving You, a late bright spot in Wolfman's Titans run, which focused on her and Starfire.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least it looks like she (and Hawk and Dove" Will be "part of the team" going into season 2 .
    More Hawk and Donna please!!!
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

No way, more Dove and Donna. So hot!

Mighty Member

I just started watching the show. What do people think of Anna Diop as Starfire? I know the costume and hair have justifiable criticism, but I'm finding I really like her performance. I'm not sure it's super reflective of the comics, but she's got a great charisma and I enjoy her character.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

I find her rather boring personally. There isn't much personality IMO.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 07-15-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Incredible Member

This is 100% due to my hatred of the TTAS and love of the Fab5 in Rebirth but the only episodes I really loved were the ones heavily with Dick,Donna,Hawk and Dove. Just can't get into BB,Raven or Starfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    This is 100% due to my hatred of the TTAS and love of the Fab5 in Rebirth but the only episodes I really loved were the ones heavily with Dick,Donna,Hawk and Dove. Just can't get into BB,Raven or Starfire.
    BB was fine enough but didn't get enough to do. Raven and Starfire were just terrible. The guest stars always felt like that had more to do and a lot more personality in 1 or 2 episodes than they did the whole season.

Also remember Dick's not really partner that was brought in and died immediately effecting nothing? The writing is so bad in this show.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I just started watching the show. What do people think of Anna Diop as Starfire? I know the costume and hair have justifiable criticism, but I'm finding I really like her performance. I'm not sure it's super reflective of the comics, but she's got a great charisma and I enjoy her character.
    I feel like Diop is doing a lot more than her character requires, and that’s a compliment to her as an actress and a bit of a criticism of the writing.

Some of the characterizations feel like gleefully content adaptations of comic book characters that are totally into it, and others feel like they’re in that mid-2000s “Shhh, don’t tell anyone, but this character is actually a comic book character who wears a costume in the comics” frame of mind.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

Donna, Hawk, and Dove are fine. Really good even (Donna being a nice contrast to Dick, whom she treats as a little brother).

BB, overall solid. But knowing the actor is 20(21 now?) and what the show is trying to set up between him and Rachel (actress is 13-14) really throws me off at times.

Dick... So much back and forth on his character. Probably best when Jason showed up, in all honesty.
    Anna Diop, she tries. Though the outfit she was stuck in for much of the season was awful. Same with the wig.
    The actress for Rachel, she does okay. Perhaps some more direction going forward though?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    BB was fine enough but didn't get enough to do. Raven and Starfire were just terrible. The guest stars always felt like that had more to do and a lot more personality in 1 or 2 episodes than they did the whole season.

Also remember Dick's not really partner that was brought in and died immediately effecting nothing? The writing is so bad in this show.
    Poor Amy

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I love Anna. She honestly has nothing to work with but she's doing her best imo. I'm just glad we don't have the dumb bimbo the cartoon and some writers like to depict her as.

I'm just glad we don't have the dumb bimbo the cartoon and some writers like to depict her as.
    My first exposure to her was the cartoon. I don't remember the bimbo part, but I do remember her odd speech patterns that made her sound sort of air-headed? I honestly cannot remember if it was just speech patterns due to not being a native speaker or actual content that was that way. I do remember maybe a forced cheerfulness? Maybe? Haven't seen since original airing and didn't finish series then.

Comic her was a revelation (Raven, too). She didn't speak that way at all. She never seemed unintelligent to me in early NTT (though she indicated others saw her that way, so maybe fanbase did?). Though she did take/have her clothes off in front of others for fanservice/jokes. Actually, there were one or two pf sort of instance of that that didn't work for me. When she was new on the planet and didn't understand social mores, it made sense, but it seems like she did it once after we were several years into the series, and she should have been on the planet long enough to know it was inappropriate - I guess there were keeping the behavior as in character, but it didn't make sense to me the way it did when she was newly on the planet.

Anyway, comic Starfire was just so much better than what I remember of cartoon Kory.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 07-16-2019 at 06:52 PM.

Since when is cartoon Starfire a bimbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Since when is cartoon Starfire a bimbo?
    She was only ever a bimbo when Lobdell wrote her.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    She was only ever a bimbo when Lobdell wrote her.
    Must've been a bad bimbo for her to fly starships and win wars