Page 12 of 105 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Grayson run could also be lighter than classic Wolfman/Perez but the 'family' thing is there since the start.
    I have to disagree on Abnett restoring the characters, in my opinion he barely understood them.
    Many of us NTT fans believe Devin Grayson got it backwards. She wrote the comic, as a family that happened to also be superheroes. Marv Wolfman wrote them as young superheroes, with a lot to prove to themselves and to the world, ..who became a family. That's a very different narrative - a different comic, ..and it showed.

Yes...seems we got something completely different out of NTT.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You have a higher likelihood of that happening with Miss Martian then Natasha (if it even happens at all).

I don't see DC completely changing her sexuality.
    Given right now Dick is Ric, can't say I see that happening any time soon. And I doubt they are going to change her.

Natasha and Riri are two vastly different characters , not only in their view of their world but also in how much they know and their reasons for being a hero.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I'm sorry to say, that right now Steel is just a bland version of Ironheart (who appears in Marvel's Champions and just relaunched a solo book). But Natasha's been around longer than Riri, so shouldn't she have had more historical character development? They need to show off the unique parts of her personality. The older character shouldn't look like a knockoff.
    Natasha has existed for a while but she was never really developed. I had hoped that Abnett was going to develop her but he hasn't. He's more focused on BB angst and making the Titans look incompetent to develop anyone.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Natasha has existed for a while but she was never really developed. I had hoped that Abnett was going to develop her but he hasn't. He's more focused on BB angst and making the Titans look incompetent to develop anyone.
    Abnett was not able to develop any characters and no relationships.
    Counting Titans Hunt he's on this title since october 2015!
    A big disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes she should however like many characters that history got tossed aside to build up others.

Yes she is an older character but how much USAGE has she had since the end of not only Steel but Infinity Inc? We are talking 12 years of doing nothing aside from whatever she was doing in Superwoman and Traci 13.

She will look like a knockoff because Riri was under a higher profile writer, not limited to ONE book, benefited from a campaign to get Eve Ewing hired and she's in Champions.

In other words yet again what Dc does not do SOMEONE else does. I would not be shocked if we see her tongue down Ben and Supergirl comes flying in to say "get your hands off my MAN!" Knowing Dc that is probably coming.
    That makes me wonder... was she only added to Titans because of Riri's success? They definitely need to flesh her out a bit. She's definitely the Titan with the most blank slate. And if she's been around for more than a decade, that really shouldn't be the case.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That makes me wonder... was she only added to Titans because of Riri's success? They definitely need to flesh her out a bit. She's definitely the Titan with the most blank slate. And if she's been around for more than a decade, that really shouldn't be the case.
    Is Riri really successful? A lot of fans seem to hate her. Personally, I don't get the hate.

I feel like Natasha was added to the team to act as a substitute for Cyborg but no plans were made for her beyond that.

Natasha is more like War Machine's niece then anybody else.
    I feel like Natasha was added to the team to act as a substitute for Cyborg but no plans were made for her beyond that.
    And she's a stray young adult hero who would reasonably make sense on a team like this.

Just watched Titans on Netflix and... welp
    I'm actually surprised and a bit disappointed that the season final did not have a proper end to the overarchiving story, felt like it didn't have an ending at all to be honest.
    After reading some of the comments people have already made on the show, I agree that the "guest characters" are what kept the story afloat in the first place.
    Rachel's story should have imo come to an end (for the time being) after they escaped from the Asylum.
    Her last storyline twist did not come as a surprise either, just another horror movie cliché shoehorned into her character arc.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Just watched Titans on Netflix and... welp
    I'm actually surprised and a bit disappointed that the season final did not have a proper end to the overarchiving story, felt like it didn't have an ending at all to be honest.
    After reading some of the comments people have already made on the show, I agree that the "guest characters" are what kept the story afloat in the first place.
    Rachel's story should have imo come to an end (for the time being) after they escaped from the Asylum.
    Her last storyline twist did not come as a surprise either, just another horror movie cliché shoehorned into her character arc.
    They cut the last episode becasye they thought this was a better finale
    they were wrong

Is the Winick Titans run worth a read?
    It's very eh, I think it's probably a black mark on the franchise.

Winick is very meh to me.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Natasha is more like War Machine's niece then anybody else.
    She would be - if Lila Rhodes actually had her own armor.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    Abnett was not able to develop any characters and no relationships.
    Counting Titans Hunt he's on this title since october 2015!
    A big disappointment.
    "Sinecure" defined: "A paid position with few or no responsibilities." "A cushy job with no expectations from the employer." What a great gig!

Ultimate Member

Is Riri really successful? A lot of fans seem to hate her. Personally, I don't get the hate.
    It's mainly lead by those who don't read her book. I read her run and still don't get the hate myself.

I feel like Natasha was added to the team to act as a substitute for Cyborg but no plans were made for her beyond that
    And yeah I can see that. I mean if you have Ben there-doing stuff he did not do in Supergirl-why is she there? Should have had her in Cyborg's book instead of Variant.

And if she's been around for more than a decade, that really shouldn't be the case.
    Next month will make 25 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natasha_Irons#DC_Rebirth

Natasha Irons is the daughter of John Henry's brother, Clay, and Clay's wife Blondel. She is introduced in the first issue of Steel's solo series, where she is initially portrayed as being 13. Like the rest of her family, she knew about Steel's secret identity all along. Contrasting sharply with her brother Jemahl, Natasha is shown to be very level headed and practical. By issue #14, she is shown to be working (presumably as an intern) for a U.S. Senator. She appears to have aged forward to be about 16 somehow. Nat is a supporting character throughout Louise Simonson's run on the series. She is kidnapped by Hazard and Steel has to rescue her. She also uses the drug Tar to help fight at her uncle's side briefly. She is later kidnapped by the villain Plasmus and apparently kills him by shattering once Steel froze the villain (although he later turns up alive). Natasha was devastated at the loss of her beloved great-grandmother, Bess Irons, but is the only one of her family who stays with Steel when he moves to Jersey City

With Christopher Priest at the helm of Steel starting with #34, Nat was radically altered. She was transformed into a more stereotypical modern teenager with a flippant attitude. All trace of her previous work for a U.S. Senator was never referenced. During this time she also meets and befriends a teen named Paul, whom she dubs "Boris". Her father also makes a return as the villain Crash. When an assassin named Skorpio poisons Nat, Crash has to turn himself in so that he can give a blood transfusion and save his daughter. He is never seen nor heard from again.

Nat later goes with Steel to Metropolis when he opens up Steelworks there. She becomes his assistant, even reprogramming Superman's Kryptonian robot Kelex to speak hip hop slang. For a time she is dating a local boy, Boris.
    Interesting we don't see her twin brother. Sadly Steel is not in trades because this right here is enough material to get a better character.

"Sinecure" defined: "A paid position with few or no responsibilities." "A cushy job with no expectations from the employer." What a great gig!
    When you have a book where SALES (to stores) is never going to be an issue because of the book's title-that happens.
    However it falls on the WRITER to have his own expectations.

Priest did not want to do Black Panther. 20 years later that effort lead to a billion dollar movie.
    G Willow Wilson expected Ms Marvel to fail at issue 6. She's going by issue 55 now.

If I was free to do almost whatever with Titans-I would do that instead of what we are seeing. Where are the G-z list villains at? Better them than Brother Blood round 500.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They cut the last episode becasye they thought this was a better finale
    they were wrong
    I just read up on the reason and it doesn't make sense to me. They want to built Trigon up as such a badass villain in the new ep1 but why not just do that in s1? It's far more powerful to let viewer's think "oh ****!" for a year or longer compared to a week. At least they have a plan for s2 even if it should be called s1b.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    G Willow Wilson expected Ms Marvel to fail at issue 6. She's going by issue 55 now.
    Yeah. The book was never cancelled either - it's only ending (to be replaced by a new volume), because she left on her own terms. She even chose her own successor, Saladin Ahmed.