Page 77 of 105 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1570

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Since when is cartoon Starfire a bimbo?
    Maybe sometimes people see her positive actitude and innocence as a shallowness, same way that a more angsty, cynical are interpreted as deep

She really wasn't. Somewhat odd speech patterns for certain Earth customs, including somewhat naive when it came to said customs, but overall, a supporting friend that was open with her emotions.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Bimbo was probably a bit harsh for cartoon Starfire but the others deserved it. To me they overplayed the fish out of water trope which is understandable but eh to me.

Incredible Member

Watched the bluray features and you can tell that Johns really gave as much as he could to this. He constantly kept stressing how big it was that this was the first iteration of Titans live action, especially a new dark Robin(Dick). He says this was his first significant work on Donna Troy. He stated that you can't have Titans without Robin & WG as they are the parents of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    Watched the bluray features and you can tell that Johns really gave as much as he could to this. He constantly kept stressing how big it was that this was the first iteration of Titans live action, especially a new dark Robin(Dick). He says this was his first significant work on Donna Troy. He stated that you can't have Titans without Robin & WG as they are the parents of the team.
    Still iffy on Dick right now (whom hasn't really progressed all that much since we were introduced to him), but Donna was a great iteration. And being someone that Dick trusts like family.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    Must've been a bad bimbo for her to fly starships and win wars
    A reactionary and misguided attempt at damage control, that just served as further acknowledgment to how bad and gross his Starfire initially was.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

A reactionary and misguided attempt at damage control, that just served as further acknowledgment to how bad and gross his Starfire initially was.
    I’m not gonna sit here and pretend his Starfire was perfect or that mistakes weren’t made because that wouldn’t be true. I just don’t think bimbo is an accurate description of her either.

Amazing Member

Yeah, I can tell Geoff really loved the Titans. Which makes me worried for season two since he's been showrunning Stargirl in Georgia while Titans is filmed in Canada. He's not going to be as involved, so hopefully it won't affect the show so much

I like that take. It's definitely in-line with Dick and Donna's dynamic in the NTT.

Come to think of it, I can't recall a time when Johns ever really did much with Donna. I think she made a cameo in his Titans run (during the big Dr. Light fight) and Infinite Crisis, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I just started watching the show. What do people think of Anna Diop as Starfire? I know the costume and hair have justifiable criticism, but I'm finding I really like her performance. I'm not sure it's super reflective of the comics, but she's got a great charisma and I enjoy her character.
    I like her. The Diop version is actually much closer to the comic version than many realize.

Bimbo isn't the word I'd use, but she was infantilized. Comic book Starfire could have that problem to a certain degree at times but cartoon Starfire took it much further.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 07-16-2019 at 09:17 PM.

but she was infantilized.
    My vague memories would agree with that. Using the definition "an attractive but unintelligent or frivolous young woman" is a bit different than the very sexualized connotation bimbo has to me, which is definitely not cartoon Kory in comparison to her comic book self. Maybe some of it was at least as much presentation as content?

Really disappointed with how they handled the Crush/Lobo situation. It just seemed very generic and it killed all of Lobo’s character development from the last few years. Plus seeing an adult sadisticly beating the crap out of his daughter was pretty horrible. Yeah I know it’s Lobo and hurting people is his thing, but Steve Orlando did such a great job during his JLA run of keeping Lobo’s character traits but also revealing that The Main Man has a soft spot for young underdogs. It would have been far better if Lobo had fought her for a bit only to reveal that he was just testing her and secretly approves of her carrying on his legacy of chaos or something along those lines. Having him show up and being evil old Lobo is just boring and it kinda ruined Crush for me as a character concept.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Really disappointed with how they handled the Crush/Lobo situation. It just seemed very generic and it killed all of Lobo’s character development from the last few years. Plus seeing an adult sadisticly beating the crap out of his daughter was pretty horrible. Yeah I know it’s Lobo and hurting people is his thing, but Steve Orlando did such a great job during his JLA run of keeping Lobo’s character traits but also revealing that The Main Man has a soft spot for young underdogs. It would have been far better if Lobo had fought her for a bit only to reveal that he was just testing her and secretly approves of her carrying on his legacy of chaos or something along those lines. Having him show up and being evil old Lobo is just boring and it kinda ruined Crush for me as a character concept.
    This current run has kind of soured me on Damian and everyone else on his team.

This current run has kind of soured me on Damian and everyone else on his team.
    I feel that way about so many characters in so many books right now.

New images from Titans season 2:

The "original" Titans:

Deathstroke: