Page 98 of 105 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1570

JLO is a snooze fest. Abnett was never gonna write a good Titans, and honestly it was clear from Titans Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did you literally not pay attention to anything that Abnett was saying when the storyline was actually shifting? He's well on the record as saying that M'Gann being on the team was not his decision, it came directly down from editorial, and therefore anything to do with her was also overseen by editorial. He didn't actually want to use her. He was told to use her.

And editorial did interfere. They took Dick away when the Ric Grayson **** started to happening - I'd actually argue that Abnett could have written a damn good Titans book (look at how good Justice League Odyssey is) but editorial was interfering all throughout his run. There's no way to explain how the original intent was to have Wally tied intrinsically to Manhattan and the Watchmen stuff only for him to double back on it, or honestly anything to do with most of his arcs.
    The reason I strongly disagree with the idea that Abnett could have written a good Titans book is because of how bad his characterizations were. That is something editorial doesn't have a lot of control or influence over compared to the direction or plot of a series. I was no fan of his Titans book, but even I will agree that he had a lot of editorial interference. Though the voice of a character tends to fall completely on the creator and I thought Abnett completely failed in that regard. His Dick Grayson was the worst Dick Grayson I have ever read and I say that with complete sincerity. I don't think his Wally or Donna were given good voices either. Even Garth was treated like a joke mostly. The only main Titan I felt Abnett enjoyed writing was Roy. Lilith was fine, but there were a lot of issues with the rest of the team's voices.

But originally Abnett did not think he was going to return for his second Titans run. He expected after he wrote the JL forcing Dick to disband the team that was going to be it for him on the title, but then DC asked him back. I imagine they asked him to return with a completely different team in mind and direction, as Snyder at that time was wanting to put all the "teams" under the Justice League banner in the JL Headquarters, which is probably why they wanted him to add Miss Martian by connecting the team to the JL more with her being a "spy" for the JL. Although this all completely conflicted with the way Abnett ended his last Titans team with Dick being stripped of his team and leadership by the JL and Batman, and was now working under them in their headquarters. So Abnett just blamed Dick and the focus on "friendship" for the reason the last team failed to go with more of a defined mission statement, which was a mess too.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

I'll admit to being an apologist to Abnett's run was he was still writing it, but I do see the point about characterizations. Other than Roy I thought that Lil, Wally, and even Karen were well written - Dick was a bit of a wet blanket, Garth was played entirely for laughs, and Donna was... everything wrong with Donna Troy since her reintroduction in the New 52 up until the end, I think that if he was given another shot with perhaps a cast he'd be more invested in he could do well.

But I apparently have controversial opinions about who might write a good Titans book.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Honestly, I really enjoyed Abnett's run up until Dick made the whole team bend to the League's will. I wasn't really feeling Karen's amnesia plot but aside from that, I thought it was a decent run.

*shrug*

But then, Johns' TT run was my favorite ever since I was a kid, even though I've seen it get A LOT of (honestly, warranted) flack. So I'm used to having a weird opinion lol

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    JLO is a snooze fest. Abnett was never gonna write a good Titans, and honestly it was clear from Titans Hunt.
    I liked JLO until Cyborg and Starfire got shafted to shill Jessica Cruz. I still find the story interesting but my enjoyment level has decreased.

Robbie Thompson has defected from Marvel!

TEEN TITANS #39
    written by ADAM GLASS and ROBBIE THOMPSON
    art by EDUARDO PANSICA
    cover by BERNARD CHANG
    variant cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    The “Djinn War” has begun! Adam Glass is joined by new co-writer Robbie Thompson (Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spidey, Meet the Skrulls) and new artist Eduardo Pansica (Supergirl) for the Teen Titans’ next thrilling adventure! Trapped in her ring with no escape, Djinn finds herself on the inside looking out as the Teen Titans go hunting for Djinn’s older brother Elias, the only one capable of saving her. But Elias’s dark side is the stuff of legends...and the Teen Titans know he can’t be trusted. With Deathstroke, Lobo, and the Other in their rearview mirror...this team is about to go on their most dangerous mission yet.
    ON SALE 02.19.20

TITANS: BURNING RAGE #7
    written by DAN JURGENS
    art by SCOT EATON and WAYNE FAUCHER
    cover by DAN JURGENS and NORM RAPMUND
    Available to comics shops for the first time! Starfire has been kidnapped and forced into gladiatorial combat on Warworld—and her opponent is the merciless Mongul! It’s up to Robin, Raven, and Beast Boy to save their friend, but how can they even find her when she’s light-years away? Well, maybe a stolen—er, “borrowed”—spaceship from the Justice League could help. Originally published in Titans Giant #6 and #7.
    ON SALE 02.19.20

DOLLAR COMICS: THE NEW TEEN TITANS #2
    written by MARV WOLFMAN
    art by GEORGE PÉREZ and ROMEO TANGHAL
    cover by GEORGE PÉREZ
    Introducing Deathstroke the Terminator!
    ON SALE 02.19.20
    $1.00 US | 32 PAGES | FC | DC
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Fantastic Member

Okay, February solicitations are out and I am really excited for Teen Titans. We finally get to deal with Djinn's brother and we are getting a new artist in the book Mr. Eduardo Pansica. He is doing the art for the current Supergirl title and I have to say I rather like his style.

Supergirl Art.jpg

Here is the solicitation for anyone who wants to check it out:tt39-cover-REVISED.jpg

The “Djinn War” has begun! Adam Glass is joined by new co-writer Robbie Thompson (Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spidey, Meet the Skrulls) and new artist Eduardo Pansica (Supergirl) for the Teen Titans’ next thrilling adventure! Trapped in her ring with no escape, Djinn finds herself on the inside looking out as the Teen Titans go hunting for Djinn’s older brother Elias, the only one capable of saving her. But Elias’s dark side is the stuff of legends...and the Teen Titans know he can’t be trusted. With Deathstroke, Lobo, and the Other in their rearview mirror...this team is about to go on their most dangerous mission yet.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I liked JLO until Cyborg and Starfire got shafted to shill Jessica Cruz. I still find the story interesting but my enjoyment level has decreased.
    Agreed, and I feel the same way. It just isn't the same without Princess Kori.

DC has Robbie Thompson now? Or I may be forgetting a one-shot or special he recently wrote.

Awesome! I was afraid Glass' run was dead. I'm glad we'll at least get to have an arc focused on Djinn.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I mean, just look at the material

UGHHH why can't they still look like this??? That's a good rebooted look for Cyborg during this era. It should have a bit more skin for my taste but he looks good. Raven as an adult and recognized as Dick's generation and not some typical goth chick makes me happy. Kory's 80s design .

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I mean, just look at the material

UGHHH why can't they still look like this??? That's a good rebooted look for Cyborg during this era. It should have a bit more skin for my taste but he looks good. Raven as an adult and recognized as Dick's generation and not some typical goth chick makes me happy. Kory's 80s design .
    I wouldn't want Kory and Raven going back to the stripperific looks (especially after the complaints the New 52 Starfire got). And no I didn't like the New 52 Raven costume either.

That Titans: Burning Rage thing still annoys me. Robin in that is Dick Grayson in all but name. Like someone at the last minute told Jurgens to call him "Tim" instead. That first issue was so jarring once that was revealed, I just couldn't keep up with it.

Other than that, the rest looks interesting (not sure how I feel about that Deathstroke thing though).

I do miss that Starfire costume...

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I wouldn't want Kory and Raven going back to the stripperific looks (especially after the complaints the New 52 Starfire got). And no I didn't like the New 52 Raven costume either.
    Kory's hair was perfect and I liked her full green eyes. Her costume though doesn't bother me because it was the best skimpy outfit of hers. Plus everyone on he planet dressed like that so eh. I do like her JLO outfit though.

Raven's costume however wasn't really strippery when Perez drawn it. It was witchery and simple which is why I like it the most out of her costumes. It became eye rollish later on but the effect of her cape was the best.