Page 39 of 105 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Beast Boy feels more like a plot device to screw everyone over and create drama than an actual character now.
    Quote Originally Posted by failo.legendkiller View Post
    I’m sorry but I didn’t like anything in this run, even the most waited from me reunion between Donna and Kyle has been underwhelming.
    And Garth going mad is nothing new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcrusade25 View Post
    I think Abnett's Titans were great until he split up the Fab 5. I was never able to get into TT/Titans before because I always felt every run felt compelled to have a Raven going bad arc and Beast Boy losing his characterizations from previous runs.

I tried reading that 90s Titans book that everyone here loves but it feels so old/overpacked with characters.
    I recently purchased the first TPB of the new Post-No Justice Team. Didn't like it. I was enjoying the book up to the split, but there seems to be no emotional connection in this team (something already hasn't worked for me when Winnick attempted to have Dick lead a team with which he had no afinity in his Outsiders. I really hated that book). Steel is the one that feels less like a character and more like a plot device for me. She feels totally out of place. Getting real close to hating the character. Titans is a book that needs to be about friendship, even if with a different line-up other than the Fab 5 or the Wolfman/Perez TTs. I might still check the last TPB just to see Donna and Kyle working together again, but I consider Dick exclusion from the team a fatal blow to a book that was already on the wrong path.

Peace

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I recently purchased the first TPB of the new Post-No Justice Team. Didn't like it. I was enjoying the book up to the split, but there seems to be no emotional connection in this team (something already hasn't worked for me when Winnick attempted to have Dick lead a team with which he had no afinity in his Outsiders. I really hated that book). Steel is the one that feels less like a character and more like a plot device for me. She feels totally out of place. Getting real close to hating the character. Titans is a book that needs to be about friendship, even if with a different line-up other than the Fab 5 or the Wolfman/Perez TTs. I might still check the last TPB just to see Donna and Kyle working together again, but I consider Dick exclusion from the team a fatal blow to a book that was already on the wrong path.

Peace
    Steel isn't even a character or plot device, she's just there to fill out the roster. Abnett just put her on the team to be a stand in for Cyborg and didn't even bother to give her a personality or anything to do. Honestly, I don't think that excluding Dick was a fatal blow. Even if Dick had been on the team, all of the other problems would still be there. The biggest problem with this run is the story and how Abnett handled most of the cast.

Raven(before she lost half her soul and was rendered impotent for most of the story) and Ms.Martian could have fixed Dick's amnesia and spared everyone the 'Ric Grayson hobo experience'. Unfortunately, DC can't allow Titans characters to be useful, they're either killed off for shock value or get character assassinated.

I thought that the whole point of this run would be that the Titans would prove to the JL that they weren't incompetent but this entire storyline has proven that the Titans(or at least the current version) ARE incompetent.
    Last edited by king81992; 03-18-2019 at 04:23 PM.

Ultimate Member

Steel isn't even a character or plot device, she's just there to fill out the roster. Abnett just put her on the team to be a stand in for Cyborg and didn't even bother to give her a personality or anything to do. Honestly, I don't think that excluding Dick was a fatal blow. Even if Dick had been on the team, all of the other problems would still be there. The biggest problem with this run is the story and how Abnett handled most of the cast.

Raven(before she lost half her soul and was rendered impotent for most of the story) and Ms.Martian could have fixed Dick's amnesia and spared everyone the 'Ric Grayson hobo experience'. Unfortunately, DC can't allow Titans characters to be useful, they're either killed off for shock value or get character assassinated.

I thought that the whole point of this run would be that the Titans would prove to the JL that they weren't incompetent but this entire storyline has proven that the Titans(or at least the current version) ARE incompetent.
    She there to argue or lessen the value of Supergirl's boyfriend. Who REALLY shouldn't be there as he has school, a job and getting closer to Supergirl. Of course no one bothered to research that or notice he has a head full of hair after going bald in Supergirl's last arc.

Fantastic Member

Does anybody else think Roundhouse's dad, who we never see, could be the "Other"?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Does anybody else think Roundhouse's dad, who we never see, could be the "Other"?
    I think that OTHER is Djinn brother.. For black mask words.. That OTHER is someone really old who saw JesusChrist death..

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    Its probably Djinn's brother.

Fantastic Member

Its probably Djinn's brother.
    Could be. Although Vandal Savage would also qualify.

Steel isn't even a character or plot device, she's just there to fill out the roster. Abnett just put her on the team to be a stand in for Cyborg and didn't even bother to give her a personality or anything to do.
    Yeah, I just haven't been seeing Natasha's personality. She's the team's genius engineer. Other than that, she's a blank slate, with nothing unique to make her stand out from the competition's Ironheart. And that just shouldn't be the case considering Natasha's been around a lot longer than Riri. She must have other established personality traits - why aren't we seeing them? And I assume it's back to limbo for her after the next (final) issue.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Jericho is coming to Titans and will be played by Chella Man.
    https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2019/0...ans-as-jericho

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Man season 2 is going to be packed. I wish they would've just focused on the actual NTT team. Hawk, Dove, Jason, and Kon need to kick rocks and find another show or wait till further seasons. Kori still hasn't been properly explored, Donna is most likely going to get her stories covered next season, Beast Boy might get more development and now the Wilson family is most likely going to take up episodes as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, I just haven't been seeing Natasha's personality. She's the team's genius engineer. Other than that, she's a blank slate, with nothing unique to make her stand out from the competition's Ironheart. And that just shouldn't be the case considering Natasha's been around a lot longer than Riri. She must have other established personality traits - why aren't we seeing them? And I assume it's back to limbo for her after the next (final) issue.
    Ironheart has been a controversial character but for all her flaws(real or imagined by some fans), she actually has a personality.

My guess is that everyone except Beast Boy, Raven, Kyle and maybe Ms.Martian are heading for limbo. All I hope for the final issue is that they manage to fix Beast Boy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Man season 2 is going to be packed. I wish they would've just focused on the actual NTT team. Hawk, Dove, Jason, and Kon need to kick rocks and find another show or wait till further seasons. Kori still hasn't been properly explored, Donna is most likely going to get her stories covered next season, Beast Boy might get more development and now the Wilson family is most likely going to take up episodes as well.
    Titans the TV show feels like it's doing too much. With everyone their adding, some of the characters from the first season are definitely getting shafted.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    And if they do Judas Contract they don't even have Terra yet too, so if they use her that is even more characters to juggle.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    And if they do Judas Contract they don't even have Terra yet too, so if they use her that is even more characters to juggle.
    With the way things are going, we might see Terra and Geo Force in Black Lightning before we get Judas Contract in Titans. Or they could use Rose for the Judas Contract instead or wait until season 3.

With the way things are going, we might see Terra and Geo Force in Black Lightning before we get Judas Contract in Titans. Or they could use Rose for the Judas Contract instead or wait until season 3.
    I guess they might try and combine Rose and Terra's character into one, but I dunno. Also the casting for Jerrico is a bit weird in that the person isn't even an actor. More of a deaf and trans activist/personality.

I don't know. The decisions for the Titans show continue to make me scratch my head.