Page 104 of 105 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1570

Good Lord, I'd rather have Bendis take over TT than see it go away in favor of the snoozefest that YJ has become. There's no way he can make them both boring, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Good Lord, I'd rather have Bendis take over TT than see it go away in favor of the snoozefest that YJ has become. There's no way he can make them both boring, right?
    Cue the "hold my beer" meme here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Its not that Bendis would take over TT, but that TT goes away to not distract from the teenage hero landscape he's building.
    I don't see why both TT and YJ can't coexist together, but DC seems to be only willing to push a specific generation at a time(if they choose to push any younger heroes at all). I feel like the YJ cartoon had the best idea for handling the younger heroes(ignoring the relationship drama): have multiple generations work together.

Ultimate Member

I did not know McDuffie worked on the cartoon Teen Titans.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/12...givingtuesday/

There is a video in there that is RARELY seen and was only show at McDuffie's memorial.

And in the video-a white kid is dressed up as Static. It's the photo I have been trying to find on Tumblr because he said he won a contest dressed as Static.

Its not that Bendis would take over TT, but that TT goes away to not distract from the teenage hero landscape he's building.
    Which, granted, isn't selling too well compared to the actual TT book.

Fantastic Member

Young Justice only catches up to Teen Titans because of it having variants on the sales charts as separate from the original book. Also Teen Titans sells way better in trade than Young Justice I know some people don't like the current Teen Titans book but it consistently in the top 30 of digital charts when it comes out and does really well in trade. I can't say the same for Young Justice that has recognizable characters and a television show. Some people may not like the direction of Teen Titans but a lot of people certainly do. If Teen Titans continues this trend DC may start pushing this team more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    .. I think that I prefer not see Damian in Bendis hands..

I will miss him.. But I prefer another writer using him. Like Tynion. He can appear in his batman run.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Bendis TT can't be worse than the current one.
    Seems that you didnīt like the current one..

Despite I liked what happened with Stephanie Brown in Joung Justice(Maybe because Bendis like Tim, he respected his girlfriend) BUT.. I am not sure if I want to read one Bendis comic where Damian is between the Main Characters..

He doesn't even know his name.. He calls him Damien.
    Last edited by adrikito; 12-04-2019 at 01:42 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    .. I think that I prefer not see Damian in Bendis hands..

I will miss him.. But I prefer another writer using him. Like Tynion. He can appear in his batman run.

Seems that you didnīt like the current one..

Despite I liked what happened with Stephanie Brown in Joung Justice(Maybe because Bendis like Tim, he respected his girlfriend) BUT.. I am not sure if I want to read one Bendis comic where Damian is between the Main Characters..

He doesn't even know his name.. He calls him Damien.
    If Bendis writes Damian as a competent leader who doesn't mistreat his teammates, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Damian's arcs in team books are always the same: he mistreats his teammates and they lash out( Raven and Beast Boy siding with evil Future Tim/Savior, Roundhouse's current betrayal) and Damian allegedly learns how to be a better teammate, next arc/ writer comes along and Damian is back to mistreating his team.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Did anyone else read The Infected: Deathbringer today? They're setting it up so that Donna's connection to the Titans and her friends are what brings her back to the side of good.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Except her "friends" are all gone.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Except her "friends" are all gone.
    Raven and Gar aren't, and she specifically tells Raven, Gar, Steel, and M'Gann to "fight for her."

Also her inner battle with the virus shows all of Donna's old costumes and references her old origins so that's another showing of NTT being canon again.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    If Bendis writes Damian as a competent leader who doesn't mistreat his teammates, I'd be pleasantly surprised. Damian's arcs in team books are always the same: he mistreats his teammates and they lash out( Raven and Beast Boy siding with evil Future Tim/Savior, Roundhouse's current betrayal) and Damian allegedly learns how to be a better teammate, next arc/ writer comes along and Damian is back to mistreating his team.
    First Bendis needs to learn how to write Damian. If Leviathan and Super #16 are anything to go by, we'd just be in for a more aggressive version of early Tim.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Did anyone else read The Infected: Deathbringer today? They're setting it up so that Donna's connection to the Titans and her friends are what brings her back to the side of good.
    I'm glad that Raven, Beast Boy, Ms.Martian and Steel are probably going to rescue her.

That being said, I think that Wonder Woman should be the one who saves Donna. It would help salvage team their relationship(probably)and Donna was her sidekick at one point.

Instead, DC has her going off to save Supergirl.

That cobbled together Titans team is still a thing?

Yeah. Apparently they're still active. What they've been doing for the past....has it been a year now? A year. What've they've been doing for the past year is anyone's guess. But they never did break up so.....yeah.