Page 18 of 105 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Can't sell? It was outselling Champions in the direct market (I'll quote the December direct market estimates below). So that's good enough, I thought. Teen Titans was the more popular of the two Titans books though.
    I didn't say they couldn't sell, but apparently Didio seems to have a serious issue with the Fab5 generation of heroes. Look how long he held out from putting them into play with the New 52...it wasn't until Rebirth and I am not sure that didn't have more to do with Geoff Johns than Didio. See also that once Geoff was removed from his position, storylines that seemed to be in play with the characters (specifically Wally) were seemingly sidelined and now two of them are killed off in an event book while Nightwing is for all intents and purposes no more either.
    These characters obviously can sell...they were the top selling book of the 80's and to say they have lost their ability to sell...then what keeps characters like Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman, Avengers, Justice league in print? It's the publishers willing to put the best talent on the books and allow them to work. Titans hasn't gotten the best talent in many years. Maybe Bendis will pull them under the Wonder Comics umbrella...it might be the best thing for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if they fold the Titans and Teen Titans together if they don't want the Teen Titans book to take away focus from Bendis' YJ book.
    Thanks for for preparing me for the worst, after see this Deathstroke vs TT april solicitations I was thinking in this.. But Bendis will not see me in his YJ book..

Sideways in the Titans Giant book is just reprints of his solo. And Damian is in there in Super Sons reprints.
    Thanks.

Lost this TT team is be like when I lost New-Superman.. Goodbye Djinn..

I'll have to pay attention to Damian's cameos. I will never consider Supersons as one option to see him.
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-20-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Wait did they say teen titans is getting cancelled somewhere.

Plz no! Why does DC always shut down good new characters

Quote Originally Posted by Katana500 View Post
    Wait did they say teen titans is getting cancelled somewhere.

Plz no! Why does DC always shut down good new characters
    I think it’s the titans title that’s getting the axe, but nothing would surprise me. D’jinn’s the only one i care about though.

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I think it’s the titans title that’s getting the axe, but nothing would surprise me. D’jinn’s the only one i care about though.
    Same here.. But with the newbies I only see future for Crush if they start again in 1 year(for example).. Percy TT had better luck(and Glass TT are better), almost 20 issues..

Seems that we are destined to hate Bendis.. DC is stupid for allow this.. Cancell both Titans comic for increase Bendis sales.

I am not surprised for how happy were marvel fans when they learned that he was leaving marvel..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-20-2019 at 06:17 PM.

DC just needs to stop creating so many new teen/young adult characters! They just don't last. I called it when the new TT team was announced, future Limbo heroes. I see the same fate for the new teens created for YJ too.
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by El_Gato View Post
    DC just needs to stop creating so many new teen/young adult characters! They just don't last. I called it when the new TT team was announced, future Limbo heroes. I see the same fate for the new teens created for YJ too.
    Limbo is better than being killed off for shock value in some awful event.

But really,DC should focus on fixing the Titans and TT characters who haven't been killed off yet.

Ultimate Member

Excuse me? Aren't they doing exactly that with Young Justice?
    What you see with Young Justice is all BENDIS. That is Bendis saving every single one of those characters. Otherwise that Teen Titan alum death march in Heroes in Crisis would have been WORST.

Would you get in the face of Bendis and tell him what he can't do?
    For all the crap he gets for his Marvel run-look at his results.

Miles Morales ALONE is enough to let Bendis do whatever. In 8 years look at where Miles is versus CYBORG.
    Miles Morales has done more in events than EVERY single POC at DC combined.
    Miles has more solo issue that a LOT of POC since 2011.
    Do we need to talk Jessica Jones? Luke Cage? Riri?
    You don't wait 8 years to counter Miles AFTER a hit movie, 75 solo issues, a best selling Novel, 2 Spider-Men books and a TON of merchandise.
    Or Ms Marvel sells a million copies, dominate downloads and stars in a new toy line.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I am not surprised for how happy were marvel fans when they learned that he was leaving marvel..
    That was more on his writing style than anything else.

He still did way more with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, GOTG & Miles.

If he was not there at the start for Miles-we are NOT seeing Miles Morales in a hit movie. His name kept that book around and built up Miles until he was used elsewhere.

Same with Riri. Eve Ewing might have gotten treated WORST than some of her other writers if she did that book from the start. As folks have said Eve is doing Riri right. However she would never get that praise of there was no Bendis.

At least with Bendis here-that kids are going to get protected. You can hate his stories but at least we know Tim and friends are safe. I will gladly take that ANY DAY. Because the end results are in Bendis's favor.

If all this leads to help for getting books for others including Jaime or MAKE Dc try to get Static-so be it.

Hey, can't say Kamala has anything to do with Bendis - he only wrote her in a few Spider-Man issues. G Willow Wilson, who's moved on to Wonder Woman, was her writer.

Also, Bendis doesn't have full control. He did want Static on the Young Justice team too but was refused permission.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Hey, can't say Kamala has anything to do with Bendis - he only wrote her in a few Spider-Man issues. G Willow Wilson, who's moved on to Wonder Woman, was her writer.

Also, Bendis doesn't have full control. He did want Static on the Young Justice team too but was refused permission.
    I don't think that anyone can use Static because of issues with his rights.

Extraordinary Member

Finished Titans on Netflix.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I don't think that anyone can use Static because of issues with his rights.
    That's not entirely true. Despite the Milestone deal, Rocket and Static have both appeared in Young Justice, so they aren't COMPLETELY off limits.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    That's not entirely true. Despite the Milestone deal, Rocket and Static have both appeared in Young Justice, so they aren't COMPLETELY off limits.
    I think the TV deal is different than the comic deal. So you can have them on TV, but you cant have them in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    At least with Bendis here-that kids are going to get protected. You can hate his stories but at least we know Tim and friends are safe. I will gladly take that ANY DAY. Because the end results are in Bendis's favor.
    Unless he decides to turn one of them into a plot device like Jon Kent.