Page 15 of 105 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Abnett's Beast Boy. It felt like he transferred all of Cyborg's 'Am I a man or monster?' angst to BB and used it as a diabolos ex machina to create unneeded drama.

that arc seemed like an opportunity to get Beast Boy out of his status quo as comic relief and use it to finally mature the character. It is also one of the few times that his powers are develop in a story.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Titans franchise now that Young Justice is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Titans franchise now that Young Justice is back.
    And doing a better job with them than the comic has.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by bretmaverick2 View Post
    I bugs me that TITANS is cancelled. Sure, this has not been my favorite arc of the concept but I just like the core team so much that I just hate when it is started and stopped

Maybe give it a year away before a relaunch? Give creators time to really develop a strong direction for the characters and concept.
    Poor Donna troy, WonderWoman hates her so wally and arsenal are dead so now she has no where t go

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krivus View Post
    that arc seemed like an opportunity to get Beast Boy out of his status quo as comic relief and use it to finally mature the character. It is also one of the few times that his powers are develop in a story.
    Agreed. Gar is often seen as the clown or the comedy relief. Let him show different sides.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I hate they are canceling the book again as this just cements Didio's idea that they can't sell. I hope they will give the title and characters a better chance with a better creative team...a writer interested in the characters and a consistent art team.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    i really don't recall Jason being a Titan. Maybe it was brief?

Attachment 77169
    He was barely a Titan, he was around for like 7 issues if that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    DC Comics Cancels Titans and Damage in April

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/01...amage-in-april
    I'm surprised the book lasted as long as it did.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Titans (the show).

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Titans (the show).

That looks a lot like Frank Miller’s Dick Grayson in that thumbnail.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    I hate they are canceling the book again as this just cements Didio's idea that they can't sell. I hope they will give the title and characters a better chance with a better creative team...a writer interested in the characters and a consistent art team.
    I wonder what the roster would be like the next go around. It would be nice if this group were to stick around. I loved them under Abnett. (yep that's right!) If it changes, i hope they at least keep Donna as the leader.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    I wonder what the roster would be like the next go around. It would be nice if this group were to stick around. I loved them under Abnett. (yep that's right!) If it changes, i hope they at least keep Donna as the leader.
    Me too! Is a good group with a lot of potential.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

It was a very good roster, just not so good execution of story or purpose.

At least Abnett is gone. I don't see him coming back AGAIN for another go with this series. So if anything the good is that they can finally move on from Abnett, but I'd be very surprised if the roster changes any if/when they relaunch it. Raven and Beast Boy are going to be there and they will throw in the other Titans characters that have nowhere to go. The series has mostly been a catchall for those characters anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if they fold the Titans and Teen Titans together if they don't want the Teen Titans book to take away focus from Bendis' YJ book.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    At least Abnett is gone. I don't see him coming back AGAIN for another go with this series. So if anything the good is that they can finally move on from Abnett, but I'd be very surprised if the roster changes any if/when they relaunch it. Raven and Beast Boy are going to be there and they will throw in the other Titans characters that have nowhere to go. Wouldn't surprise me if they fold the Titans and Teen Titans together if they don't want the Teen Titans book to take away focus from Bendis' YJ book.
    I really don't want to see Abnett take on these characters for a while. Put him back on Aquaman, I liked him then.