Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    Oh my bad for having a different opinion about a direction a writer took his series. I didn't realize that I wasn't allowed to be critical of Priest's Deathstroke.
    I remember you posted about how Priest is going to make everyone, but Deathstroke look bad in Deathstroke thread. Now that it didn't happen you shift to complain about "Deathstroke teaching Damian" thing. It is not that you have different opinion, but that it looks like you don't like anything that Priest is doing. And thats fine, but maybe then really best thing is to stop reading what he is writing.

Quote Originally Posted by shadow6743 View Post
    I read the issue. I still think this is just Deathstroke, saying he is "fixing" Damian when really, he just wants to get out of the sight of both the superheroes and law enforcement. Makes the Teen Titans think they took him out for good and goes back to being a killer for hire without all the heat.
    Yeah, most likely just mind games to create an opening for himself.

While I like Priest, to be fair it’s not like it’s easy to necessarily avoid a writer when it comes to crossovers like this.

Astonishing Member

Putting Slade in a prison surrounded by other criminals is a dumb idea, he's going to stage a jailbreak.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Do Damian and Djinn have some sort of secret magic room that they were able to conceal themselves from the rest of the team for weeks or something? Makes no sense. However, my biggest problem is with the secret prison. We learned that Djinn also knows about the prison (assuming Damian told her) from what happened in the Annual concealing Joystick's mouth, but Wallace out of no where just discovers it? Why did he all of sudden now just decide to go downstairs, when he never did before? There had to be a reason. I mean, Yes. I know Damian left the door opened but you also have to ride the elevator down there and such so how did he get there? Did somebody lead him down there? Red Arrow maybe? I mean we did see she was upset about not getting info on Deathstroke before Djinn and she might feel like Damian sort of betrayed her trust so who knows she might be the traitor based on that piece of dialogue.
    Last edited by Grandmaster_J; 03-21-2019 at 02:51 PM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmaster_J View Post
    Do Damian and Djinn have some sort of secret magic room that they were able to conceal themselves from the rest of the team for weeks or something? Makes no sense. However, my biggest problem is with the secret prison. We learned that Djinn also knows about the prison (assuming Damian told her) from what happened in the Annual concealing Joystick's mouth, but Wallace out of no where just discovers it? Why did he all of sudden now just decide to go downstairs, when he never did before? There had to be a reason. I mean, Yes. I know Damian left the door opened but you also have to ride the elevator down there and such so how did he get there? Did somebody lead him down there? Red Arrow maybe? I mean we did see she was upset about not getting info on Deathstroke before Djinn and she might feel like Damian sort of betrayed her trust so who knows she might be the traitor based on that piece of dialogue.
    This seems like something that’ll be addressed in the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I remember you posted about how Priest is going to make everyone, but Deathstroke look bad in Deathstroke thread. Now that it didn't happen you shift to complain about "Deathstroke teaching Damian" thing. It is not that you have different opinion, but that it looks like you don't like anything that Priest is doing. And thats fine, but maybe then really best thing is to stop reading what he is writing.
    No I still feel that way. Did you not read the issue? Deathstroke completely rendered all Damian is doing pointless by basically saying he could leave any time he wants but is going to stay just to teach Damian a lesson while smiling the whole time. Saying he is going to "fix" Damian because Priest is so fixated on him being Damian's surrogate father figure. He is instantly put in a position above them all to make them look foolish despite being "captured" by them. It proves my point I made before. He is most likely being used here to show how wrong and messed up the Teen Titans are being. You and others are welcome to love it, but I don't really care for the way he writes it. It is kind of tough to really drop TT when this Deathstroke story is going to be such a big plot point in the series too.

I like what Priest has done with Deathstroke's family, the earlier parts of his run, and him creating his own hero team, but I think the Batman vs Deathstroke crossover was very overrated and dull. Basically killed the momentum of the series to me and I have mostly quit following it since. Then the work he did with the first Teen Titans crossover in Lazarus Contract was awful and I don't have high expectations for more TT crossovers here. I've remained consistent on that since the start.
    Last edited by Badou; 03-21-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Despite my....mostly negative feelings surrounding this run, I actually liked the newest issue. I'm not even really sure why. Their plan to take out Deathstroke was another example of them (but mostly Damian) doing something that sounds smart on paper but is actually an incredibly stupid thing to attempt. Putting him in a prison, surrounded by other dangerous criminals, and bounding him only by some shackles and bars is even dumber. Combine that with Kid Flash finding everything out and we finally have the beginning of this team's collapse

...And I am so ready for that. I think that's why I enjoyed this issue...well...that and, it's always nice seeing bad things happen to Roundhouse.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Despite my....mostly negative feelings surrounding this run, I actually liked the newest issue. I'm not even really sure why. Their plan to take out Deathstroke was another example of them (but mostly Damian) doing something that sounds smart on paper but is actually an incredibly stupid thing to attempt. Putting him in a prison, surrounded by other dangerous criminals, and bounding him only by some shackles and bars is even dumber. Combine that with Kid Flash finding everything out and we finally have the beginning of this team's collapse

...And I am so ready for that. I think that's why I enjoyed this issue...well...that and, it's always nice seeing bad things happen to Roundhouse.
    Man you really don't like this team huh?

i really enjoyed this issue. Nice to see that Glass is able to write his character's getting beat.
    this title is the most exciting thing coming out of DC right now imo.

Damian and Deathstroke were the standout. These two work very well. Slade was a boss together and Damian always guarantees excellent banter.

Glass did a solid job and can't wait for the rest. Slade trying to fix Damian is a bit dodgy but I like it. I really like this run. They are not generic straight arrows. They are flawed and fallible and I love it.
    Last edited by CPSparkles; 03-22-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    No I still feel that way. Did you not read the issue? Deathstroke completely rendered all Damian is doing pointless by basically saying he could leave any time he wants but is going to stay just to teach Damian a lesson while smiling the whole time. Saying he is going to "fix" Damian because Priest is so fixated on him being Damian's surrogate father figure. He is instantly put in a position above them all to make them look foolish despite being "captured" by them. It proves my point I made before. He is most likely being used here to show how wrong and messed up the Teen Titans are being. You and others are welcome to love it, but I don't really care for the way he writes it. It is kind of tough to really drop TT when this Deathstroke story is going to be such a big plot point in the series too.

I like what Priest has done with Deathstroke's family, the earlier parts of his run, and him creating his own hero team, but I think the Batman vs Deathstroke crossover was very overrated and dull. Basically killed the momentum of the series to me and I have mostly quit following it since. Then the work he did with the first Teen Titans crossover in Lazarus Contract was awful and I don't have high expectations for more TT crossovers here. I've remained consistent on that since the start.
    I 100% agree that Slade is being used here to show that Damian is making wrong decisions and to highlight Bruce's errors.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Honestly, I think that Priest feels that Damian would work better as a villain.
    Do you think King feels Bruce would work better as a Villain? The point was made on the Damian thread that Damian is doing exactly what Bruce is doing in his title because he got dumped.

It's more about characters going off the rails in times of psychological stress than going bad. it surprises me how few people ever bring up the parallels between the methods the employs in King's run to the Son's in TT because they're both using the same methods.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    Man you really don't like this team huh?
    Most of them have grown on me. I've always loved Damian. I love Djinn. I like Crush. I tolerate Emiko (honestly, she should be leading this team. More often than not, she's the only one with an ounce of sense). But I really don't like Roundhouse and Wallace. And I'm just...not a big fan of the general direction this team's been going in. I don't hate it...anymore...but if this is the beginning of the end, you wouldn't hear me complaining.

Astonishing Member

Do you think King feels Bruce would work better as a Villain? The point was made on the Damian thread that Damian is doing exactly what Bruce is doing in his title because he got dumped.

It's more about characters going off the rails in times of psychological stress than going bad. it surprises me how few people ever bring up the parallels between the methods the employs in King's run to the Son's in TT because they're both using the same methods.
    King doesn't see Bruce as a villain, he sees Bruce as an ineffective and broken hero who can't save anybody, makes Gotham City worse, alienates his allies and is slowly losing his grip on reality.

Most of them have grown on me. I've always loved Damian. I love Djinn. I like Crush. I tolerate Emiko (honestly, she should be leading this team. More often than not, she's the only one with an ounce of sense). But I really don't like Roundhouse and Wallace. And I'm just...not a big fan of the general direction this team's been going in. I don't hate it...anymore...but if this is the beginning of the end, you wouldn't hear me complaining.
    I have a soft spot for roundhouse and his ma. I guess each to there own. Personally I'm really enjoying this team.

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Most of them have grown on me. I've always loved Damian. I love Djinn. I like Crush. I tolerate Emiko (honestly, she should be leading this team. More often
    Emi is too busy being written like a mother hen than really contributing anything to the overall story. And with this new team being heavy character driven, her personality is non existent. Glass just doesn't understand her character at all, I rather she just quit the team all together. That's why I think she betrays them.

I have a soft spot for roundhouse and his ma. I guess each to there own. Personally I'm really enjoying this team.
    Roundhouse became the most relatable character in the previous issue for me. His family life, and the guilt over his sister's death. He jokes around as a way to cover his loneliness and own insecurities. After turning into whatever happened to him this recent issue, I hope finally we get more detail on his powers and past.

So you're saying that Emiko's been lumbered with the same role as Kori before the roster and creative team changes? She was the mother hen too.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman