Page 83 of 105 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1570
    Astonishing Member

The Ric situation and the Batman Who Laughs situation is the most blatant attempt of an editorial pushing an agenda I have ever seen. Dick was on a team with Raven and Ms.Martian and we're supposed to believe that those two are incapable of fixing his mind? Four of the six characters who are on Batman Who Laughs payroll are younger heroes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Emiko was trying to prevent Shado from killing someone and Shado ended up poisoning her and killing the person Emiko was trying to protect.

Oh, and Wallace was fed up because DC's golden child Harley Quinn basically assassinated a woman (albeit a criminal) and rubbed it in his face. But yet she's so deserving of redemption...

At least as much as anyone can care about "Rick."
    The 'anti hero' Harley thing is really annoying, she gets the same free pass that Deathstroke used to get when Wolfman was writing him. At least Wolfman tried to pretend that Slade had changed and did nothing wrong. With Harley , writers don't even bother to pretend that anything's changed.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Ric situation and the Batman Who Laughs situation is the most blatant attempt of an editorial pushing an agenda I have ever seen. Dick was on a team with Raven and Ms.Martian and we're supposed to believe that those two are incapable of fixing his mind?
    B-b-but! He doesn't wanna be "fixed". He's happy as Ric. Everyone who tries to help him is just selfish and should just accept him for who he is now, not who he used to be. Right? They're the ones with the problem. Not him. [/sarcasm]

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    I gotta...somewhat disagree with you, there. I thought Titans was great up until Dick got Batbitched into disbanding the team. Even when they reformed under Miss Martian's supervision, I hated the concept, but didn't really dislike the comics themselves. I didn't think the series was unsalvageable until the whole Dick/Ric thing happened and forced him off the team. But up until that point, I was always enjoying it more than TT.

I actually did enjoy most of Rebirth's first attempt at Teen Titans. I thought it was a really solid roster, and I'd always wanted to see Damian on the team...Unfortunately, Damian was also the biggest problem. Seeing my most loved Robin on my most loved team was a dream come true at first. But there's not a snowball's chance in hell that making Starfire and the other veteran Titans take orders from him was ever going to work out. Low and behold, it didn't. It's also the same run that kickstarted my hatred for "Wallace" West. I was indifferent before but damn, I just find him really unlikable.

As for the current Teen Titans...well I've already said it a million times so I'll keep it brief. They've grown on me. But I still don't like them. I just don't hate them anymore....most of them anyway. At this point Damian, Djinn, and Crush are the only things that keep me coming back. Emiko's pretty okay now but she's honestly WAY too good for this team. Giving Damian his own generation of heroes was a good idea...but I'm just not a fan of the execution.
    Why, cause certain characters were there? The stories were pointless and boring, the characterizations were beyond generic and unoriginal, and from the start it’s creative team never had even a semblance of a clue as to what they were actually gonna do with the team. So they just defaulted into feeding them to the JL. It accomplished nothing, it never even tried to establish the team, or it’s characters motivations, or really anything. It lazily just relied on fans fondness for its characters, and as soon as it became convenient the writer threw them under them bus. Calling them a handicap, and how they were just a bunch of friends waiting for adventures to happen to them, rather than a team ready to respond to a clear and urgent mandate. As if he wasn’t the creator who had them doing that.

The current TTs is at least trying to be something different, with a creator who actually bothered to establish motivations for his team and characters, not too mention give them distinct personalities, and what more there are actual stakes and development.

The Titans series was every thing that is wrong with today’s comics. A book filled with nothing but lazy go nowhere ideas, that relied solely on fans already liking its characters. Over 2 years of nothing. It accomplished absolutely nothing. Nothing went anywhere, it did nothing to re-established the Titans as a team, it had no positive impact on any of its characters, and what more it left every single character involved worse off then they were before. Just because it had characters we liked and haven’t seen in a while, doesn’t mean it was ever actually good.

It might not have as popular of a group of characters, where people are happy just to see them together, but the current Teen Titans is light years better of a comic book then the Titans book was.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-16-2019 at 03:13 AM.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    The Ric situation and the Batman Who Laughs situation is the most blatant attempt of an editorial pushing an agenda I have ever seen. Dick was on a team with Raven and Ms.Martian and we're supposed to believe that those two are incapable of fixing his mind? Four of the six characters who are on Batman Who Laughs payroll are younger heroes.
    Do like me, ignore both. I feel much better since I do this. Skip Ric and Batman who laugh, it's the only thing we can do against this incapable editorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Why, cause certain characters were there? The stories were pointless and boring, the characterizations were beyond generic and unoriginal, and from the start it’s creative team never had even a semblance of a clue as to what they were actually gonna do with the team. So they just defaulted into feeding them to the JL. It accomplished nothing, it never even tried to establish the team, or it’s characters motivations, or really anything. It lazily just relied on fans fondness for its characters, and as soon as it became convenient the writer threw them under them bus. Calling them a handicap, and how they were just a bunch of friends waiting for adventures to happen to them, rather than a team ready to respond to a clear and urgent mandate. As if he wasn’t the creator who had them doing that.

The current TTs is at least trying to be something different, with a creator who actually bothered to establish motivations for his team and characters, not too mention give them distinct personalities, and what more there are actual stakes and development.

The Titans series was every thing that is wrong with today’s comics. A book filled with nothing but lazy go nowhere ideas, that relied solely on fans already liking its characters. Over 2 years of nothing. It accomplished absolutely nothing. Nothing went anywhere, it did nothing to re-established the Titans as a team, it had no positive impact on any of its characters, and what more it left every single character involved worse off then they were before. Just because it had characters we liked and haven’t seen in a while, doesn’t mean it was ever actually good.

It might not have as popular of a group of characters, where people are happy just to see them together, but the current Teen Titans is light years better of a comic book then the Titans book was.
    *Shrug* Sometimes a having more beloved cast of characters is all it takes. At least for me. There isn't some profound reason for why I liked Titans more than Teen Titans. I just did. It was a series that I enjoyed well enough, with characters that I've loved for years, who I didn't feel were misrepresented until they suddenly became goons for the League.

Teen Titans may have be trying something new but, as Ric Grayson has already showed us, new doesn't always mean good or even better. Unlike Ric, I wouldn't necessarily call these Titans bad. Sure I'm either indifferent to or straight up hate half the team. Sure I'm not a fan of where the story is going as a whole and think this is one of the worst depictions of Damian since he was first introduced (honestly, both teams he's been on haven't been very good for him as a character). But it is a genuinely unique and well written story and I definitely understand why it's become so popular. I'll give it that much. I just, personally haven't enjoyed it as much as I did with Titans. It ain't my cup of tea. I stick around out of loyalty to my favorite Robin and the two other character that I do like (even if all three are involved in an unnecessary love triangle) but that's about it.
    Last edited by Blue22; 08-16-2019 at 01:01 PM.

Ric Grayson isn’t something new or different. It’s a big fat lie that treats readers as if they are stupid. A lazy illusion of something different, but in actuality turned out to be just another boring book with lazy go nowhere ideas, from out of touch lazy go nowhere boring creators. They never actually tried to do something new or different with Ric. They just have him complain and bitch while he does the same ****.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-16-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Astonishing Member

A small, beloved cast of characters is fine. The problem was the Abnett/the DC editorial decided to derail them instead of writing competent stories.

Ric Grayson isn’t something new or different. It’s a big fat lie that treats readers as if they are stupid. A lazy illusion of something different, but in actuality turned out to be just another boring book with lazy go nowhere ideas, from out of touch lazy go nowhere boring creators. They never actually tried to do something new or different with Ric. They just have him complain and bitch while he does the same ****.
    The execution ended up not being new or different...in fact it was everything you just said. But the concept itself was something that, as far as I know, they hadn't done before. And even as a totally new concept...it was still a really bone headed move on DC's part.

But I think what rubbed me the wrong way the most was how often "Ric" and other characters would comment on how "Dick is gone and everyone should just accept it". And for how Barbara felt like she had to apologize for wanting Dick back. As if the writers were trying to talk directly to the readers. That **** is irksome. It's one thing to make a huge change to a character that you know a lot of readers won't like. But to then mock them for it? That's just petty.

The concept itself is a shameless regurgitation of We Are Robin combined with Superheavy. They even titled one of the issues We Are Nightwing. Like I said it’s all just a poor illusion that treats readers as if they are stupid.
    They had Babs apologize cause the creators on it are the bottom of the barrel when it comes creators in the industry. Using Babs as a audience surrogate to try and blame readers, hiding behind Ric to mask their own lazy and insultingly poor work.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-16-2019 at 02:10 PM.

The concept itself is a shameless regurgitation of We Are Robin combined with Superheavy. They even titled one of the issues We Are Nightwing. Like I said it’s all just a poor illusion that treats readers as if they are stupid.
    They had Babs apologize cause the creators on it are the bottom of the barrel when it comes creators in the industry. Using Babs as a audience surrogate to try and blame readers, hiding behind Ric to mask their own lazy and insultingly poor work.
    I remember back when We Are Robin was about to be a thing I was saying they should've been We Are Nightwing. Since Dick was presumed dead at the time.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

The preview for next week's issue of Teen Titans is up : https://www.bleedingcool.com/2019/08...-me-2-preview/

Extraordinary Member

Curious to see if this team will make it through the year

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Curious to see if this team will make it through the year
    Somehow I doubt it.At this point I'm pretty sure that we're watching a train crash in slow motion. Either they get shut down when other heroes learn what they've been doing, implode or most of the roster gets killed or written off for shock value.

Say what you will about the New 52 TT and all of the questionable decisions Johns and his successors did but those rosters were at least trying to do the right thing.

They literally pulled a Justice Lords in Teen Titans. Glass literally just took that whole plot line and made it Teen Titans.